• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
damn henry. that actually cheered me up! :D people were like "you'll do better next tournament" or "man you had that game." or "that was ****in lucky of that guy".

sometimes u just need someone to say the truth, you know?

they are just better than me. and i need to get over myself. i just need to get better before i try that **** again.

thanks

joeplicate

Smash Master
try what **** again?
going to a tournament???

bro ur ready :)
losing sux **** when you first start going to tournies, but you get over it and then get addicted to improving

plus you're **** already erick

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I think you are at the point where more tournaments will definitely help you get better fast. You don't want your game to stagnant.

Myself on the otherhand... I need to get better before I go to a tournament. At least I feel like I am improving. I was practicing some yesterday and was stoked with how smooth my fox was moving around Yoshi's story!!

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
stop *****ing erick.

you know noone likes to hear people *****.

if you want people to back you, keep at it. you've got the sc community on your side.

and if you really wanna do better at a tournament, maybe you should make sure of all your other preparations (full nights sleep, getting a meal at a timely opportunity during the tournament, and warming up b4 matches) are in order first. since those are the most easily addressable

real question is - what kinda words do you want to hear from us? If not encouragement, since you seem to disregard that, then what?
ps: what is up with your !'s

joeplicate

Smash Master
LOL ya don't worry about it erick

also i'm sorry we stood u up in LOL :(
i'll play with you today to make it up
(my sick ashe)

eriK

Smash Rookie
damn henry. that actually cheered me up! :D people were like "you'll do better next tournament" or "man you had that game." or "that was ****in lucky of that guy".

sometimes u just need someone to say the truth, you know?

they are just better than me. and i need to get over myself. i just need to get better before i try that **** again.

thanks
I'm not so set on the "you'll do better" kind of stuff, either. What I did notice was that since the last tournament I entered, I've improved somewhat––that made it worth it for me, and the rest of what I did was fun, so I have no reason to feel bad myself. Yeah, and plus the ride back was awesome. Great day, great discussions.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
and if you really wanna do better at a tournament, maybe you should make sure of all your other preparations (full nights sleep, getting a meal at a timely opportunity during the tournament, and warming up b4 matches) are in order first. since those are the most easily addressable
This.

Fast food + Not enough sleep + Caffeine = Less than ideal tournament performance.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
damn. i saw your post time and then mine, and i thought for a split second

how the hell did you manage to post a comment to my post before i posted my post?

but yeah. im sure fly understands that the 10 character rule is built into the forum itself rather than being enforced by the mods... and that there is no malicious intent directed towards anyone. and that im not trying to dodge the rule. its just that some posts deserve nothing more than a simple "k"

plus i really like videos of fly playing. hes my favorite ICs player

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
motha ****ing. time. travel.

and henry, if you reaaaaaaally want to smash, you should just text me, erick, joe, or dajuan
depending on where you want to play.

the boards are just for organizing larger more formal gatherings IMO

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahaha swaggregator is golden (but then so are all the rap names u think of)

man i hate not being able to fall asleep
my body's sooo tired
but my damn head just won't let it go :urg:

Shroomed

Smash Master
I have class at 6 and fraternity stuff afterwards.

Maybe if we played beforehand. That 6p.m. class is my first.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Anyone want to play today(tuesday)???

I forgot to say I raid in wow (LULZ) on Thursday and Friday night, which is why I haven't been super keen on our Thursday night smash fests. I can take a night out to go if its gonna be big though!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Joe I don't think I can climb today, I think I'm sick. I feel capable but I don't want to be culpable for passing it to others.

I'm down for tennis and smash on Thursday though.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Hey, lets finalize a date we want to host our santa cruz tourney

I'm leaving may 19-22 weekend. but if thats the best(/only) alternative, ill help you guys schedule it for that day

we tentatively have sponsorship for the thing (doug's ra). so we need to decide on everything else before i can move forward with reserving the room

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
May 7 might be good if that's not too soon. I can't make it the week before and prob not the week after, though if that's what's convenient for everyone else then that's OK.

joeplicate

Smash Master
awwww fkckmn i was so down for climbing tonight too :(:(:(

5:09 PM update:
i'm hella bummin' right now =(((

5:22 PM update:
still bummin
i rly wanted to go climbing

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah as the day has progressed, it's become clear that I'm def sick. Sorry bro. Go running. I'm probably going to run some to work this whatever sickness out.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
next smashfest, everyone should bring their own tub of icecream.

ice cream smash fest.

Epic Fun.

(the community room has a freezer too)

Crowing

Smash Cadet
That sounds amazing. Calling dibs on mint moose tracks ice cream, cause everyone should have to have their own flavor.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Please don't bring too may things with nuts (I'm allergic). Peanut butter is OK. I'll bring Mochi Ice Cream zomg.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
JESUS CHRIST YES. TRUMAN. LETS ASK KOJI TO TAKE US TO SAFEWAY.

i am totally getting another tub of caramel caribou. and i will be... the most POWERFUL jedi.

... i will even be able to stop death itself.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude, mint chip is amazing

also i'm so pissed that it's 3am right now
i went to sleep super early, like 9:30
i was hoping it would be like 5 or 6 am right now

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
****ty thing is,

whenever it looks like theres only going to be <5 people coming, i always want to change the venue to our house

joeplicate

Smash Master
i was gonna say something really dumb and lame, but i thought better of it

but i think there's gonna be more than 5 people, and i'm kinda sick of smashing at ur house anyways =P

joeplicate

Smash Master
good good =)

btw it wasn't anything insulting or w/e, just a ******* joe comment that ppl probably wouldn't wanna hear haha

Top Bottom