• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

Brian

Smash Journeyman
i dont know what the deal with WGF is (come back sheridan!)
but if there are people wanting spots and im occupying one im willing to give mine up
i dont know if i want to go, but i do want to hang out with deep norcal and socal homies

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hi. Yeah I was on a ski trip so I didn't check stuff. Anyway, I don't think anyone has given me a 100% on whether or not they are going. I know Brian, Joe, Truman, and Dajuan all expressed interest, which would make a full car, but Scar and Gishnak also have asked for a spot and I need to tell them if there's room soon so that they can make alternate travel plans. So, people that I mentioned, I need confirmation ASAP.

The schedule would be something like:
Leave Friday as early as possible, hopefully getting to San Diego around 12-1 AM (it's ~7.5 hrs from SC).
Leave SD Sunday pretty much immediately after everyone is out of the bracket, again hopefully arriving in SC around 12-1 AM.
Gas is about $50/tank in my car, and the SD trip is about 3 tanks, so it would be ~$30/person if 5 people go, and ~$37.50 if 4 people go.
Housing I haven't worked out yet but it will probably be with Hall or Oats. You can rely on the old man's money.

joeplicate

Smash Master
you can rely

on the old man's money!

i'ma go

actually... debating
double edit:
almost certainly will go

sheridan, wanna climb tonight?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Joe, sorry I didn't see your note about climbing. Was that from Tuesday or was that from the edit today? I have hockey on Wed so I can't go those days anyway. Thursday I'm going to SJ to work on Project M with some people so climbing can't happen until Monday =/

I'm going to the gym today at 5PM if anyone wants to join me.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i would be down for the gym but i have class at 6, which isn't really enough time =\

i'm down to smash today (almost certainly, unless there's a surprise essay due on monday or something that i need to do tonight so i can go to the tournament this weekend)

also, brian told me to say that he's not going anymore, so there's an extra spot i guess

and yeah it was from yesterday, but i remembered about hockey so it makes sense i guess lol

but we oughta climb again soon, my shoulder's feeling a lot better (aka good to exercise on)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I could potentially make it to the gym 15-20 min before 5 if that works for you.

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot to get my Winter ID sticker so they prob won't let me in, so no gym for me.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Going to be on campus playing racquetball probably till around 7-8pm. Text me if any smash is happening.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
We're leaving as soon as Scar gets to SC, which is probably gonna be around, still gotta get the final word, but plan for that. So that means I need you guys to be downtown by then.

We're picking up Da Gishnak in SLO so about 2/3 of the car ride will be with 5 people, so pack light n ****.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Hey sheridan,

i have a friend... (Alex 'Seng') who lives 5 mins from ucsd who can house us (in somewhat cramped ish quarters) for friday night

he said well be using 2 couches and a floor if we do

do you want to take him up?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Wow im dum. The fill-in-the-blank time is supposed to be 5 PM.

Truman, I probably would, considering it's 30 min less driving for all of us, plus I will be claiming a couch as the driver.

Why the **** do you ******* watch **** like jersey shore? I know you attempt to justify it to yourselves by saying it's like observing society or some crap but we all know that's bull****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Why the **** do you ******* watch **** like jersey shore? I know you attempt to justify it to yourselves by saying it's like observing society or some crap but we all know that's bull****.
it's entertainment! there's no deeper value there, but there's no reason there needs to be

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
i know a lot of people who say that i watch the dumbest **** ever... but jersey shore... i just dont find that entertaining. i mean you read and hear about all those babies that get aborted... and then you see someone like snookie who somehow made it through the gauntlet.

anyways i just dont get that show.

what do you see in that show dajuan?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I give a **** because I like to understand people's actions especially ones that I don't agree with. So what if people do worse things, non-sequitur extraordinaire.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
watching trashy people behave trashy is entertaining. i haven't watched j-shore in a while but the first season was pretty good because there was a sense that these people are actually ******** scumbags that act like this. now it's all played up for tv and ****. weak.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I don't need a TV show to tell me that, I just read the news. Maybe a lot of my distaste for it comes from it being, as you say, played up for tv. It would be one thing if it was sort of mockumentary-esque, but it's just some overdramatized MTV-style indirectly-glamorizing retardedness about people with room temperature IQs.

Also Scar said he's leaving work at 4, meaning he will probably be in SC by 5 if traffic isn't too bad.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Rofl Joe. If you don't like my opinions you can suck m'dik. I have reasons for the **** I do and don't like. I'm not forcing it on anyone, I'm only trying to convince people of their dumbness.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude, i wanna go buy a sleeping bag this afternoon actually rofl

and yeah, jersey shore sucks
i watched last night's episode

and it elicited a big "EHHHHH"

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
that EHHHH should be the indecision of whether to gouge your eyes out or pour hot wax into your ears after watching an episode

the indecision between.... ' o should i leap in front of this bus' or.... 'should i give erick some alcohol'

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
fun tripp

nice to meet scar and gishnak =]
thanks for the ride sheridan, i'll owe you gas money next time i see you
joepjoepjoep

around the world is ******** tho

off to bed =]

EDIT-I REMEMBERD JADAJUAN OWES ME A DOLLAR

Shroomed

Smash Master
Anyone who likes Jersey Shore deserves a punch in the face.
a punch like how ronnie punched that guy who was bothering him and sammie on the boardwalk?

he's actually going to trial for assault for doing that

NEW EPISODE THIS THURSDAY

ronnie and jwoww are friends again oh snap!

Top Bottom