• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does anyone in SB think I spam this thread a lot? People have been emailing Smash Club and posting on Facebook saying that they know SWF exists, they just never go on because Metal Reflect Slime spams the thread too much. They didn't mention my real first name specifically though. Maybe I should cut back on the spam so I can encourage more people to post.

Anyways, when do you think is a good time to have SGF? Would it be Memorial Day weekend? Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I think it'd be good if you toned it down a bit, yes. a lot of the time you ask people questions directly in this thread when you should IM or pm them. you also tend to post the same questions over and over again.

If you look through the last few pages of this thread, you'll see that posts by MRS constitute almost 50% of the posts. That's a disproportionate amount.

You don't have to stop posting, just cut out some stuff that's less important and give other people a chance to discuss things without posting directly after every post.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The following should be updated in the OP:

1. Location of Matsuri is NOT in the Multipurpose room. It is on the first floor open space beyond the computer lab assuming you are coming from the main front entrance.

2. There will be an LPT on 2-12-11. Nelson already gave us permission to run the tournament.

3. Both tournaments will have Melee singles, Melee doubles, Brawl singles, Brawl doubles.

Dante hasn't yet updated the OP with all of this full detail. Also take off the carpool information to Grev. Not only is the information outdated, but it is also incorrect. The location was Trabuco Canyon not Irvine. :facepalm:

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Definitely looking to play melee saturday, maybe in the early afternoon? Haven't played in weeks, but really itching to play. I just had knee surgery so i have been doing literally nothing but studying. I can not walk up any stairs and its a pain to sit in chairs. But let me know if ANYTHING is going on tomorrow cuz im dying to play. Im hoping the area is cripple friendly... BTW David, you might have already seen this ganon video but check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Hd8PfwVs

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Definitely looking to play melee saturday, maybe in the early afternoon? Haven't played in weeks, but really itching to play. I just had knee surgery so i have been doing literally nothing but studying. I can not walk up any stairs and its a pain to sit in chairs. But let me know if ANYTHING is going on tomorrow cuz im dying to play. Im hoping the area is cripple friendly... BTW David, you might have already seen this ganon video but check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1Hd8PfwVs
I got an email today from David c. saying that there might be smash club tomorrow. If there is odds are it won't be early per se, but you should come anyway! Late night smash is the best kind of smash.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
At BIO 4 we had like 40 entrants with 6 TVs with 6 pools with 3 pools in each of the 2 waves. Since we are expecting like 25 entrants for each game, we probably need like 4-5 full set ups for each game to run pools so maybe we only need like 9 full set ups not 16. :confused:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I have not seen that video. Excellent stuff.

As long as you have a ride to the event (there's a parking lot really closeby), you shouldn't have much trouble there. There's only like...3 steps worth of stairs, and there's a ramp to get into the building.

If you need anything that will make you more comfortable while playing, either bring something or let me know if I can bring something for you to rest on.

I will bring my TV, John's Wii, and Evan's Wii. Anthony has a TV that he can bring as well.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also when yous said bring set up for SC, do you mean full set up or just a system? Also David, Jun requested that you take him off of the contact list for now. Did you do that already? :confused: If not, I can do this. Also don't get too excited about the free money from RHA just yet. There is a person that hates me so if you bring my name up, they may not give us the money. It is kinda complicated to explain. We should be fine as long as my name isn't mentioned though, but I am somewhat worried now that you mentioned my name in the email message. :123:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Now what I really want to do is take a wii with me, set up Smash in one of the Res Halls, and attract the attention of as many freshmen students as possible. Smash Club persists not solely through the efforts of the president, but fundamentally through the continued support of gamers. If I could find people who would be willing to set up Smash in the other res halls and promote Smash Club, that would be excellent.

And my bad. Nothing we can do about it now though. But I just talk to the president of RHA in order to request for funding right?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
David, did you read what I just posted? There is this person that has strong connections to RHA that hates me so if you bring up my name in any way, shape, or form, they may deny the request to grant us money. Just don't mention my name anywhere when referring to RHA. Thanks. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Now what I really want to do is take a wii with me, set up Smash in one of the Res Halls, and attract the attention of as many freshmen students as possible. Smash Club persists not solely through the efforts of the president, but fundamentally through the continued support of gamers. If I could find people who would be willing to set up Smash in the other res halls and promote Smash Club, that would be excellent.

And my bad Huy. Nothing we can do about it now though. But I just talk to the president of RHA in order to request for funding right?
yeah we got a lot of attention from new people last quarter when we held it in the res halls. It'd be great if we could do it again.

David, did you read what I just posted? There is this person that has strong connections to RHA that hates me so if you bring up my name in any way, shape, or form, they may deny the request to grant us money. Just don't mention my name anywhere when referring to RHA. Thanks. :)
why do they hate you so much?

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Im just going to be a nuisance. lots of complaining and stuff. probably gonna need two chairs cuz those desks suck but hopefully i can manage with whatever. i can bring at least a game cube and maybe a full set up. I plan on playing during the day as well......

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
There is also another Matsuri tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

Also Dante hasn't updated the location of the LPT. People who have only attended one LPT (especially the new people who check SWF but don't post), may not know that all LPTs are in the Loma Pelona Center. Dante assumes too many things. :facepalm:

Also Smash Club is today on Saturday February 14, 2011 in building 387 Room 103 at 6:00 PM.

guywhowobbledM2K

Smash Cadet
We've been having running conversations about commentators whenever we meet up and I never got around to posting this video that for some reason none of you have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQg-Vt9v5x0 <3 sliq, makes you want to start commentating.

When it comes to compilations this video, particularly after 4:00 is pretty damn good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6viaa76cAo you could say its... amazing.

Anyway watching doesn't even come close to playing, see you guys at smashclub.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Oh I see.

If SLO finds housing, travels through SB, has an extra spot, etc. I can pay for my fair share of the gas money to go to WGF.

Sorry that other post was supposed to say "with a car of SLO players" not "SB players." :facepalm:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
We've been having running conversations about commentators whenever we meet up and I never got around to posting this video that for some reason none of you have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQg-Vt9v5x0 <3 sliq, makes you want to start commentating.

When it comes to compilations this video, particularly after 4:00 is pretty damn good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6viaa76cAo you could say its... amazing.

Anyway watching doesn't even come close to playing, see you guys at smashclub.
Oh my gosh.

It's you. <33333

Though you should have made it THE guy who wobbled mew2king. But idk if that'd fit.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Why hasn't Dante posted in this thread with his "The Guy Who Rested M2K Twice" account yet? Also I tried friend requesting that account but I couldn't. I think he disabled that feature or something.

Also there is the NOOB 3 and G6 livestreams of DaShizWiz and Dr. PP if anyone is interested. ;)

Top Bottom