• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Matsuri is the event Anime club is hosting that we are participating in. Same thing. Anyhow I really need all the help I can get to make sure that we do our part in making the event awesome. I want to host a Brawl and a Melee tournament. I will run both without entering either.

I need someone to go to the Student Resource Building at noon on Wednesday for the minor events meeting.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
nah david just enter melee! its not slow and lame like brawl so there wont be too many problems lol
If I am free on 5th of feb I can definitely bring my FULL setup, now that I can drive! As well as to smashclub meetings =)

and lol I would be hella down to represent the club but is not being a ucsb student okay?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
things are looking grim for sb going to grev. now I only have david c. confirmed to go. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow and I guess if I don't get anyone else interested in going I'm just gonna cancel the trip and David M. will get his wish. >:[

CableCho57

Smash Lord
dante for me its game time decision. im coming back to sb around 530am on saturday and my stepdad said that might be to late to go to simi valley. so he's going to decide if we're going or not depending on what time I get back home.

so still a small chance I can go to grev i guess =/

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
nah david just enter melee! its not slow and lame like brawl so there wont be too many problems lol
If I am free on 5th of feb I can definitely bring my FULL setup, now that I can drive! As well as to smashclub meetings =)

and lol I would be hella down to represent the club but is not being a ucsb student okay?
Yeah you're right, if I only enter Melee, it shouldn't slow down the tournament too drastically. Me entering Brawl would look lame especially if I don't see ViceGrip or SRK entering.

I'm dead certain it's perfectly fine to not be a student and participate in student organization activities. Counting you, David Mendez, John, Dante, and me, we would have about 4 setups though. I'm sorta counting on people from anime club to help me get 2 more setups, so there are 3 Melee and Brawl setups each. At least two setups should be reserved per event, and then probably the remaining setups can be for friendlies.

I need to get in contact with Wayne and Sam, who I suspect might be able to help me with Brawl setups as well...

If we don't end up going to Grev, I think I can spare a night for a Melee smashfest at my place. I need a better way to waste time than posting in discussion threads!

DanteFox

Smash Champion
dante for me its game time decision. im coming back to sb around 530am on saturday and my stepdad said that might be to late to go to simi valley. so he's going to decide if we're going or not depending on what time I get back home.

If you end up being able to go then the trip's on baby!

DanteFox

Smash Champion

wait cho does that mean you get back to sb at 5:30 am or you will start traveling toward sb from san francisco at 5:30 am? If it's the latter there's no way you'll make it in time for us to go to grev. :[

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does SLO actually consider Willy better than Steve and Chris in Melee singles? :confused: Also if I am not going to Grev, how is Dante having enough people in the car? Is it Dante, Caleb, and David in the car meaning only 4 people?

Stev

Smash Ace
Does SLO actually consider Willy better than Steve and Chris in Melee singles? :confused: Also if I am not going to Grev, how is Dante having enough people in the car? Is it Dante, Caleb, and David in the car meaning only 4 people?
If I was to play Willy right now, I'd beat him. I've never played him when he's not rusty tho.

Stev

Smash Ace
Chris, I'm disappointed you didn't take me up on my offer. I dunno if I wanna go to Firestone with you anymore...

EDIT: nvm, apparently you're heading over and you deleted my number cuz you're an idiot

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
My roommate moved out so I have the entire room to myself and can host inside my room. 3-4 people maximum. Who wants to come over? San Rafael Resident Hall Ocean Cluster 1905A. Bring a set up because I only have my controllers. :) First 3-4 people to respond gets the spots.

Top Bottom