• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DanteFox

Smash Champion
around 7:30 no later than 8 am NOT because of pizza but because I wanna make it in time to get some friendlies in.

My mom said no to wgf because she says I don't have enough "experience" driving that far. You know how moms are lol. Imo theres a first time for everything. There's always something you don't have experience for until you do it, but we'll see how grev goes, then maybe I can convince her otherwise haha.

Huy I don't think I'll go if I don't have at least 4 people in the car including me. so we need at least one more person.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Pizza doesn't come until 3 PM. I don't want to be early for the pizza. In fact, getting there early won't be helpful in terms of getting the pizza. The only reason why I want to get there at 11 AM is to get food to eat. Last I remembered, you lost to $heen in an MM at SCSA 4 due to only eating half a donut for the whole day or something. :confused: Food is important. David and I are not coming if we don't have a partner for teams. Also did anyone see my link about the birds?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
please don't speak for other people huy. You have a habit of doing that.

The tournament starts at 1 pm. Warmups start at 11 am. I'm not sure why you're mentioning the pizza as an important factor regarding our departure time. I already told you we can stop for food before we get there.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
In order to get there on time at 11 AM and stop for food, we would need to leave at 7:30 AM. The pizza is an important factor in our departure time because if pizza was served at 11 AM, we wouldn't need to leave at 7:30 AM. We could probably leave at 8 AM. Since pizza is served at 3 PM, we would have to leave at 7:30 AM to get there at 11 AM and still eat something along the way. Also there is a Brawl player named Dante from California who entered a Brawl national tournament in Colombia and got 4th. Dante mains :dedede: :snake: :marth:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11871230&postcount=8

Also there is an important reason why I'm mentioning this which is to show you that David and I may not be coming which is vital to your decision in terms of deciding whether or not to go since you said you would not go if you don't have 4 people. By telling you this, I helped you plan your weekend better since you now know that you may not go to Grev due to having fewer than 4 people.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'm just saying what he told me on AIM. In other words, I would not be telling you about David may not be going had he not say so himself. He told me to tell you that there was a chance that he may not go so you should recruit more people so you should recruit more people. Also who are you teaming with at Grev? :confused:

Who has Caleb played in SF so far?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
ok. I figured you were assuming since you've done the same to me a couple of times. Sorry about that. I shouldn't have done that.

I don't know who I'm going to team with yet. If we can get another person to come we can have 2 teams of 2.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Oh I see. No worries. Why not team with David or me? Who else would you team? :confused: Why doesn't David Mendez want to go? Also why do you not want to go if we don't get 4 people in the car? Is it a gas money splitting issue?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Saying "kinda yeah" only answers one of my 3 questions. Also David's chances of going to this has now increased to 75% and my chances of going to this has increased to 35%. :) Also Dante, do you plan on practicing before this tournament or just go in and play. I generally don't find "practicing" helps me perform well at tournaments. When I practice, it has to be an ongoing thing.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Grev sounds like fun but I dont really want to spend the time and money just to get rapped. (at least not this weekend) Although now I want to go just to help dante out haha.

If you guys do want to play this week or dont end up going hit me up =D

or anyone who isnt going lets smash.

Pleeeeeeeeease I havent played all break.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Who else could possibly come along that you want to team with that also wants to team with you? I don't see how practicing over break has anything to do with selecting a person to be your teammate. :confused:

David, Joe, and Cape are not interested.

If you bring a set up, then you get $3 off. Also you spelled "*****" wrong. I actually don't know if you meant to say "tapped" or ***** because the "t" is also close to the "r."

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I was answering your questions in a rapid fire manner similar to how you asked them haha. And yeah I was kinda hoping maybe possibly joe might possibly sorta kinda team with me. But if he's not interested.....
Did he tell you that himself?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
You should log Stab's cell phone number and home phone number and Pat's cell phone number into your cell phone into your cell phone before you forget. :)

Not sure yet. Just ask me on Google Talk and get on Google Talk or something.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
If some of ya'll don't go and want to do a weekend smash fast, I am available, but we'd either need a place in SB, or you'd have to come to SY -.-

@Huy,

I don't like traveling far away for tournaments because if I feel burnt out quickly, I can't just... go home. If I get better, I'd rather do so in a reasonable place. This is not a whimsical conclusion. This is not something that will go away with logical arguments. This is years of annoyances and strongly forming a conclusion that I do not like traveling long distances to play in video game tournaments.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It took quite a while for the SWF staff to give you the :notabullet: icon. Also Smash Club isn't happening this quarter anymore.
Oh no, JV just completely took it away from me when he unmodded me for not liking MLG. I only recently got it BACK actually though i have basically none of the rights that comes associated with it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm going to Grev, unless Dante isn't going or if I call him at the last minute and say I can't (which probably won't happen. I'm a slacker).

And just to clarify, I am pretty sure I can get Smash club running in a week or two. I only wish I had more setups, but besides that, it should be fine. I'm pushing for us to meet at building 387 again. I'll probably be relying a lot on David Mendez to drive some TVs over. In the meantime...if any of us can really attract attention from the freshman dorms that are just on the other side of the street...maybe they'll help my setup problem. =)

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Aww I was kinda hopping you guys werent going to Grev so we could play haha.

Yeah I dont mind helping out on weekends I am here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
*cut and paste from facebook*

To all SB Smashers:

Anime club is hosting an event on February 5th at the Student Resource Building from 1PM - 11PM called Matsuri. I am planning to host a Melee and Brawl tournament there. I need people who are willing to volunteer their manpower to help the tournament run. AND I NEED SETUPS. I think I have 4 setups, 2 for Melee, 2 for Brawl (assuming I get Wiis/cubes from John, Dante, David, and Caleb). Anime club might get me 2 more setups, but if you can contribute a Wii + TV, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. And please let me know if you are willing to get to the event at 7:30 in the morning and help me organize things.

Also, on Wednesday the 12th at noon, there is a minor events meeting, and I need someone to be there to represent Smash Bros Club.

Top Bottom