• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So is nobody driving to San Diego? I know ViceGrip is planning on going to WGF. And there is a guy who has offered housing in the WFG housing thread. I want to know what everyone is up to. I want to go to WGF, but I need someone to take me there.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There is officially no club meeting this Saturday. ViceGrip is taking me to WGF. I'll probably try to record videos while I'm there.

This also means the Smashfest at my place ends tonight at around 9PM.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Got back from WGF...hella tired and behind on work lol.

Made it out of pools in Melee singles at least. Met a ton of people who I've been dying to meet in person. And yes that included M2K. I told him the guy who wobbled him Andrej said hi, and he facepalmed and he said "what a way to introduce yourself. I should just go up to everyone I've played and say 'hey! I'm the guy who chaingrabbed you!'"

Then I played M2K a bit in Melee. He 4stocked my Ganon with his Sheik. I think I had fun just making sure he wasn't gimping me 100% of the time I was offstage. I did grab him once and I was about to chaingrab him, and then he said "wait, if you chaingrab me, I have to chaingrab you as well". I felt nice and I stopped, but in hindsight, I should have done that since he destroyed me anyway lol.

**** you guys for changing the thread title though.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
so is isai gonna play smash while he's here? I saw that post he made but it would be pretty cool if someone got an actual confirmation. And imma bring my n64 is he does lol

and shoot son making it out of pools? good job at wgf davidchao. Glad to hear you entered melee and not brawl haha

Stev

Smash Ace
Hey, you SB guys should throw in "feat. the guys who played gayer than M2K in friendlies" into your tournament titles. Also, I might be able to get Lovage to go to one of those tournaments. Put up a thread about the one on the 12th, he seemed more interested in that one.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
There could be a tournament on Friday if anyone is interested. Things I know for sure:

1. No entry fee
2. Gift card as payouts
3. Doubles only
4. A Smash game
5. Horrible controllers provided
6. Best of 1
7. Single elimination
8. Probably items on.

:(

CableCho57

Smash Lord
its from harold and kumar go to white castle. and thats john cho's (no relation) character, harold, in my avatar.

eh just forget about me asking about the weak sauce tourney on friday, dont want to go

and smashclub this saturday right?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The tournament is at 8 PM. It will be Brawl Doubles as of right now, but I'll try to convince him to run Melee. I'm still waiting for the venue information. :( Also, I PMed Isai, but he didn't PM me back.

Are Dante, David, etc. still willing to bring set ups to run the tournament if they let us run Melee?

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
sooooo I cant find my controller......
I had two others, but they sucked for me and I gave them to a friend.
And the white one was the best one I ever had.....

=(

Dislike

Huy, I can bring set ups tomorrow if you guys do play melee. but please let me know where first.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The LPT is now on Sunday 2-27-11. Matsuri is still on 2-5-11 but Dante and Caleb won't be there. :( Brawl Doubles tournament is still on tomorrow at 8 PM Friday Loma Pelona Center but it is open only to San Rafael Hall Residents but I don't play Brawl. I am not sure if David is allow to enter because I am not sure if both partners have to live in SRRH or just at least one partner.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I might crash that party and bring melee. It's in Loma Pelona? Why did they rent such a large and expensive venue only for San Raf residents? And for payout of only $20 lol.

Also I WILL be at Matsuri but I'll have to leave at around 4 pm to go to a gig. I may or may not come back.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'm 50% sure it is it LPC because of word of mouth but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not sure if you are allowed to bring a set up. They have not responded to my email, but they are not professional about it so you can probably bring one without getting caught. They rent a large and expensive revenue for only San Rafael Residents because they have over $300,000.00 left over every year because students don't tell them how to spend the money. I already told you this, but you forgot. :( You being at Matsuri and leaving at 4 PM only means that you can be there for friendlies. You won't be able to enter teams or singles. Even if you do, you will have to forfeit your money sooner or later because you have to leave.

Top Bottom