• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The smashfest yesterday didn't happen at David's yesterday. I'm not sure if Dante went. Also we are doing pools at Matsuri. We will forbid people from entering both events. I sent out an email message and everyone said they wanted pools over the power to enter both events. :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It should be fine if you guys come by my place at 3:30.

I have a TV, but I don't yet have John's Wii. So atm there are 2 TVs if we count mine and the one in the lounge.

xcevers

Smash Rookie
no email that I know of... and that is a bit disturbing, I'm sure they'll find an explanation though

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I know about this link, but has worldwide animal deaths occurred simultaneously before? I mean this actually happens every year, but has there ever been a year where animals from all over the world died? If you read the last few pages of the thread, there is this map that shows these occurrences.

no email that I know of... and that is a bit disturbing, I'm sure they'll find an explanation though
I'll add you to the contact list.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Dante, get 6 stocked
andrej, your marth can just suck it. My pikacho will prevail eventually
David, you read me like a dr suess book in falcon dittos

gave a sneak preview to a few of my luigi. Y'all better prepare yourselfs for what's to come

fun smashfest! thanks for hosting again davidchao

Anthony wouldve been helllla happy about all the falcons we were playing lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I have Evan's Wii, his stand, his Melee case, and his wiimote+nunchuck.

I also have the wiimote of the guys who had that wii that had problems with its power cord. I forgot their names.

I would appreciate it if you let me borrow your consoles since I don't have my own right now! would keep better track of your personal belongings. Please call me at 310-561-6799 if you want me to give you back your stuff.

I consider myself good at keeping track of others belongings. In all seriousness though, I don't like having extra responsibilities, especially given that I'm already being pretty ambitious this quarter with 18 units and Smash Bros Club.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also David, the guy who left his stuff didn't actually forget his stuff. He just left early and let us use his stuff because he had to go home early. The other guy lives with Marty.

Also I was telling Dante yesterday on Google Talk what RHA told me. They told me that they are willing to spend money on a $4000 prize pot ($1000 per event) similar to WGF but for UCSB. Is anyone interested in this? They said it is open to everyone so technically even NorCal and SoCal can come. Running it seems like a lot of hard work though.

:212:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah, but Dante and I think we should make this next year because we want to get advice from Pat first. They did tell me verbally that they are willing to have a $4000 prize pot with $1000 allocated for each event (Melee singles, Melee doubles, Brawl singles, and Brawl doubles). To top it off, they said they won't charge an entry fee nor a venue fee. So there is nothing to lose besides gas money and food money although I kinda want to have a venue fee to encourage set ups but I am down to have the entire venue fee waived for a full set up.

Also the major problem is that NorCal and SoCal may not come due to
lack of housing since I can only house 2 people max, Dante probably cannot house, Caleb probably cannot house, Joe's place is too small. David's hallway dorms can only fit a limited number of people, etc.

:212:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
No one really spends money on hotels / motels / inns unless it is a 3 day tournament like Pound, Cataclysm, Apex, or Genesis. Even people didn't want to spend money on a hotel at RoM 3. It was a two day tournament. Also I was wrong about letting everyone into the Manzanita dorms. The E-Key only works for your own Manzanita House. :(

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I thought hella ppl used hotels for dgdtj?
and is this a one day tourney then? if so most of socal wont really need housing

and norcal can maybe drive a little further down to 805 where more option exist lol

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
No one used hotels for DGDTJ (not even SwiftBass, Jman, Hungrybox, Las Vegas, AZ, or anybody). The RHAT at SB would be a two day tournament actually. Oh yeah, I heard Brendan and Joe Replicate can house people. Maybe I'll ask them before planning stuff. ;)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also the Melee community is pretty nice Caleb. There is almost no reason to need to spend money on housing for a tournament that isn't Genesis, Pound, Apex, etc. In fact if you are spending too much money already like Europe, the TOs will try to find free housing for you. :)

xcevers

Smash Rookie
David, you can borrow the wii for a while, I'll come pick it up when its convenient but that definitely won't be this week.

Also, a big smash tourny would be sweet, and even though I'm a scrub etc my house has a lot of room, on fortuna road, I think 10 people stayed over relatively comfortably on Halloween.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Why doesn't Dante just make the thread for Matsuri? He always makes the tournament threads anyway. Also is everyone still interested in the SGF? There is a $4000 pot and it is happening in SB. If there isn't enough interest, I'll just tell RHA there isn't enough interest. :(

Also people have been emailing Smash Club saying that they know SWF exists, they just never go on because Metal Reflect Slime spams the thread too much. They didn't mention my real first name specifically though. Maybe I should cut back on the spam so I can encourage more people to post. :laugh:

David, how much money does Smash Club have left?

Top Bottom