• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Silvergreens
Cucas
Pho Bistro
Freebirds
Blenders
Subway
Little Asia
Woodstocks

That burger you got from Deja Vu Cafe looked pretty legit. I'm curious to try that place now.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I almost forgot to add Jun onto our list of people that go on invisible in this thread:

Jun
Huy
Chris
Caleb

Yeah, DeJa Vu Cafe is good. They open until 2 AM 7 days a week. :)

How about Caleb? What places has Caleb gone to in IV?

xcevers

Smash Rookie
I feel like contributing

Silvergreens
Cucas
Pho Bistro
Freebirds
Blenders
Subway
Little Asia
Woodstocks
Steak and Hoagie
Chino's
Giovanni's
Hot dog place
La Cantina
Naan Stop
IV deli
Sweet alley
dominos

if this were some sort of competition, I think I would be winning lol. But i know its not. Huy why do you ask?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
nah dude el sitio is weak sauce. Ive had their torta and burrito and it was hella bad imo.
have you tried cucas torta? con carne asada! that's the number one thing I miss since becoming a vegetarian.
at one point juan and I went twice a week to eat that torta. We abused their sbmenus special "order online and get a free drink and chips" so much we honestly believe they took it down because of us lol
now I only go there when he visits back from SF

lets see...
cucas
sushiya
la cantina (best breakfast burrito EVER)
naan stop
woodstocks
giovanni's
deja vu
little asia
sweet alley
iv drip
kogilicious (and sushilicious and berrilicious before that)
pita pit
el sitio
on the side
silvergreens
freebirds
subway
dominos
blenders
pho bistro

most of these were before I became a vege, dont go out as much anymore =/

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I feel like contributing

Silvergreens
Cucas
Pho Bistro
Freebirds
Blenders
Subway
Little Asia
Woodstocks
Steak and Hoagie
Chino's
Giovanni's
Hot dog place
La Cantina
Naan Stop
IV deli
Sweet alley
dominos

if this were some sort of competition, I think I would be winning lol. But i know its not. Huy why do you ask?
I just wanted to know.

I forgot to add sweet alley, domino's and El Sitio.

where you at I bet none of yall have eaten at El Sitio. If you do, try the Chorizo Torta.
I forgot to add Domino's as well.

nah dude el sitio is weak sauce. Ive had their torta and burrito and it was hella bad imo.
have you tried cucas torta? con carne asada! that's the number one thing I miss since becoming a vegetarian.
at one point juan and I went twice a week to eat that torta. We abused their sbmenus special "order online and get a free drink and chips" so much we honestly believe they took it down because of us lol

lets see...
cucas
sushiya
naan stop
woodstocks
giovanni's
deja vu
little asia
sweet alley
iv drip
pita pit
el sitio
on the side
silvergreens
freebirds
subway
dominos
blenders
pho bistro

I didn't know you were a vegan.

nope. El Sitio *****. Cucas is decent tho.
I never went there before.

I am at a smashfest practicing for DGDTJ. The host rented a car for $10 a day through this special deal so renting was a viable option for you.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord

lets see...
cucas
sushiya
naan stop
woodstocks
giovanni's
deja vu
little asia
sweet alley
iv drip
pita pit
el sitio
on the side
silvergreens
freebirds
subway
dominos
blenders
pho bistro

Do you eat eggs, cheese, and seafood?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I believe it starts with the letter "B" but the name is eluding me at the moment. Also the ACT has Brawl too and you should update that in the OP. Right now OP says Melee is at the ACT when in fact there is Brawl as well.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
oh man I could not live without milk! I drink so much of it and I love eating cereal, especially at night
so no i'm not vegan. Its too crazy and its usually animal rights activists who are. Uh ill have seafood veeeerry rarely, like once a month maybe but not too often. I dont even like seafood reallly except maybe shrimp.

huy is that guy okay with you posting under his user? and isnt customary to end post with your name at the end if it isnt your username?

-huy or something

thats what ive seen ppl do but I dont know

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Yeah he is cool. Also I forgot to add Domino's to my list.

Domino's
Deja Vu Cafe
Super Cucas
Subway

Make sure you all watch the livestream tomorrow and check this thread for updates about my progress, etc.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
nope. El Sitio *****. Cucas is decent tho.
WHOA WHOA WHOA, HOLD ON THERE DANTE lol
have you tried cucas torta?! its amazing!
you'll be thinking of the wombo combo commentary when eating it because its that epic and awesome. If waffles ate it, he would change his name to homemadetortas.

and the bulgolgi at kogilicious was not bad for me but i've had better (my grandma's gangster cooking). I wouldnt recommend their bulgolgi tacos though. I love mexican and korean food, but that combination tasted hella bad imo

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
We're thinking of cancelling Smash Club for Winter Quarter because we have trouble solidifying a room. Next meeting will probably be Spring Quarter. Will SBCC Gamefest Melee still happen even if you are no longer a student at SBCC? We will still play randomly even without Smash Club though. :) Is anyone interested in trying out Project: M at all?

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I am interested in Project M. It would be cool to try it out.

I am not sure if Melee will happen at gamefest. I spent many many hours coordinating the tournament and general gamefest things and I will likely not put that kind of time into it again. We might just make it as simple as me asking for Gamefest folks permission, then everyone on smashboards does the coordination.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Yeah, we can have Dante run the Melee tournament, David run the Brawl tournament, and if Eric goes and brings Project: M, we can have Eric run the Project: M tournament. :) Where do you live in SB, Matthew, or do you plan on commuting?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
nah project m is stupid

if we can use the venue, that's all we need for the gamefest tournament. Melee players here are familiar to the tourney scene so there won't be too many questions about rules and stages like all the brawl noobs that come. Not to mention our matches are quicker so everything should run smoothly

and wth Matt!? Where you been?! You're a local right? We should get some kind of smashfest going this weekend

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I heard Stab is doing 2 rounds of pools at the tournament so I may come depending on how much gas money costs, how many people in the car, who teams with me, etc. Does anyone know why having two rounds of pools at a local tournament is bad? Is it a time issue? What did Neal mention in the podcast about this. Does anyone have a link to the podcast with Neal? :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So you are saying you will charge each person $10 whether or not there are 5 people in the car or 2 people in the car? You should find out your car's MPG mileage and the round trip distance from SB to the venue + extra driving distance to pick people up to find out the total cost so you do not lose money nor overcharge people money. Overcharging people money to buy a drink is okay just not too much. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
How much do you usually pitch in for gas money for rides to tournaments? At CF 8, I gave Josh $3 and we had a full car. At GSG, I gave $8 for round trip both days to Jon with 3 people in the car, and at DGDTJ, I gave $10 for round trip for both days with 3 people in the car the first day and 2 people in the car the second day. Originally he told me $8 for both days, but he was losing money on the second day because Pat didn't come so I gave him an extra $2 just to be nice. :)

Top Bottom