• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
thnx cable also apex drained me i cant train to sd if im taking a train this weeked its home

also brawl carpool cant happen so that actually adds one more person who needs a ride

huy told me tho that a carpool is being made from a guy in the fighting game club

DanteFox

Smash Champion
So here's the deal. I have a gig today from 6 to 8. I'm gonna drop my setup off at the room we always use (assuming it's open). You guys show up and play and I'll get there afterwards.

guywhowobbledM2K

Smash Cadet
so looks like the normal place is locked. I'm at campus, is any smash going down today?

Edit: If all else fails and we cant find a place today or tomorrow for smash we could use a library group study room, its not like anyone is studying first week anyway.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
smash at huys place manzanita village dorms right now
Hey CableCho (and everyone else)

My friend Christos and I (some may remember us) are heading up to Goleta this weekend on Saturday till Monday. We will be staying at the San Clemente dorms. If anyone here is down to get some games in, just reply and we'll set it up. Of course we'll have to ask our friends whos letting us stay, but since Christos use to live there I dont see why it should be a problem.

btw, this is for 64 Smash only.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
you what i find funny, when my bro went here there were like 5-6 active ppl playing melee and now that im going here the count is easily in the double digits, and yet the 5-6 ppl during my bro's era posted way ****ing more.

i hope u guys are ready for the tourny coming up, bc im actually goin to try n win it just to talk major **** on every1

CableCho57

Smash Lord
for me I think its because when aj was here, thats when I just started playing so i was always excited and motivated to get any smash I could get, posting here and there. I still enjoy this game when I get the chance, its just not as much a priority anymore. especially more recently

and another reason is probably because Huy doesnt post on smashboards anymore. he accounted for more than half the posts looool.

like did anyone else see lovage's thread on the melee boards about practicing? I used to practice tech skill and combo's on cpus like 2 hours a day when I started playing. sometimes longer. I dont practice at all on my own anymore and I cant remember the last time I did

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
for me I think its because when aj was here, thats when I just started playing so i was always excited and motivated to get any smash I could get, posting here and there. I still enjoy this game when I get the chance, its just not as much a priority anymore. especially more recently
i get ya thr, smash is def not a priority for me but i mean if you have goals (at least as far as smash) and u want to acheive them you have to practive, ask for help, do something. honestly i was extremely happy to find the scene i did when i got here considering i had a feelin it was gonna be what aj created - aj, and the fact that no1 other than joey and dante are tryin to get as good as they can kind of disappoints me. lead by example and others will follow - thats why i try rlly hard not to be as negative as i can be bc i know itll infect others.

and another reason is probably because Huy doesnt post on smashboards anymore. he accounted for more than half the posts looool.
Lol, i mean thats rlly only half true bc most of the stuff he posted were unrelated and actually ignored most of the time so yea cant rlly blame that despite their being a lot of truth to the amouint he posted

like did anyone else see lovage's thread on the melee boards about practicing? I used to practice tech skill and combo's on cpus like 2 hours a day when I started playing. sometimes longer. I dont practice at all on my own anymore and I cant remember the last time I did
i read it and u know its true, i doubt most of us practice by ourselves, but im going to start doin so soon bc i want to make a point to sb smash. John all u want but i have Cho and Rob as a team as well as Joey and Kadar on my list of 2v2 wins with a lvl 9 cpu as my partner. you guys have ur goals but imo u dont rlly collaborate like a good community does. back home i have my brother and larry/DEHF and thats literally been the only practice ive needed. granted larry is a much bttr player than i am n thr was a time where my brother would consistently 3/4 stock me but i improved dramatically. without goin into too many tangeants i just want to say either step it up or let go, im rlly tired of seeing ppl half assing it when a couple are trying pretty hard too step it up. im the main culprit of my rage just so u guys know, so sorry if ive stepped on any toes.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Agree.

Also I still play smash a **** load.... and I'm always down to play. And I'm trying to get better. But recently I've been playing less since i haven't seen half of you guys in ages. I actually really need you guys so I can stay on edge and not get bad habits.

Also after you play smash for this long, you gotta relearn to learn.
At first you learned how to tie your bait, set up a fishing road, wait patiently, look for good fishing spots. Well that sucks a fat one because turns out smash isn't fishing. First of all at the start it SEEMS like there is more to practice because learning to play with advance technique is fun and exciting but you can't expect to use the same bait and have it work like that. Smash is quick and dynamic. So I invite all of you guys to come play with me and Kadar again. Or just get ***** some more. :cool:

Live life with a conscious intent. The same goes for smash. Only a dead fish goes with the flow.

BTW Caleb Poker sometime.

And if that angle doesn't work. Lets just play smash it's fun. don't be concerned with winning, be concerned with observing instead of muscle memory. Once those o **** moments hit you, you'll orgasm and **** bricks.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
sometimes ppl just cant make points on this website bc the point you make goes over ppls head w/e

anyway if wanting to have fun and meet new ppl is your goal (which was one of my main points, just having a goal) then great thats the main reason i still play this game.

anyway yea, come prepared or come with no expectations come feb 4

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I'm pretty sure smash is like fishing, fishermen don't use the same bait on different fish

I don't know why but people somehow get better by not playing for a long period of time

I still go on training mode (did it today) and practice a bunch of stuff...perfect wavedashes platform drops low shls, but comboing cpus doesn't really help me

Top Bottom