• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Now that I am actually looking at the stuff that is due this month, April is a TERRIBLE month for me. I'm going to be doing lots of school stuff so will likely not be involved in smash. Maybe gamefest.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I dont know just because lol

btw Dante you want my gamecube? I remember you expressing interest and I never paid you that gas money haha. Just give me text or call and you can pick it up whenever or I can drop it off

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Im gonna need a legit reason Caleb. I have taken "breaks" before and they have been because i was getting frustrated. But my intentions always were to come back better than ever and own scrubz. But if u have a reason like school, girlfriend, or work im gonna have to say that those are not good enough reasons to stop playing melee. So its gonna have to be that you lost a limb, the use of ur fingers, or your going blind. Only those are considered serious enough to stop playing. :)

Stev

Smash Ace
Wow Caleb, you're such a tease. First you challenge Andy to a moneymatch and then you bail. Best start working on your League of Legends skillz so we can moneymatch you at that instead!

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Ye.

Step1, host something and tell us about it.
Step2, SB people come.

I can easily go SLO. I live SY.

@Dante,

I heard of another Isla Vista Smash melee group of people that play every Thursday. Have you heard of these folks? I suspect that they are random c-stick mashers, but it's a reasonable outlet for new potential-.-

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
If SLO hosted a tournament, the only people that would come is SB. If SB hosts, SLO would show PLUS there's a better chance of more southern players showing up since, obviously, it's closer. Sadly the turnouts are still just both of us. SLO's in the middle of butt ****ing nowhere in regards to talented smashers, with the exception of Merced and SC that are both too far (2.5 hrs). I'd totally be down to host something if players like Replicate and Bizarro agreed to show up.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
There was a pretty good turn out for that Mitsuri or whatever tournament. I think almost 100% of those folks were SB/SLO. Granted, not many of them were very experienced, but I think we could still get a reasonable amount of players in SLO.

oconate

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've always lurked these forums every now and then, but never really registered til now. But I'm currently in SLO and have been wanting to play some skilled Melee players since none of my friends here are all that great. I'm from the Bay so I've seen some of the magic that happens in the DVC Rec-room with Lucian and the rest. So yeah I'd totally be down to meet people/play if you guys were to set something up

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Oconate,

Welcome! I'm not SLO so I will not be setting stuff up with you currently, but welcome nonetheless.

@Wizard,

You're new to what area? SB? SLO? SY? Lompoc? Ventura? Oxnard? etc?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Hey guys, I've always lurked these forums every now and then, but never really registered til now. But I'm currently in SLO and have been wanting to play some skilled Melee players since none of my friends here are all that great. I'm from the Bay so I've seen some of the magic that happens in the DVC Rec-room with Lucian and the rest. So yeah I'd totally be down to meet people/play if you guys were to set something up
Are you in SLO for school? Do you live on campus? Do you know where Poly Canyon is?

joeplicate

Smash Master
what the ****? the TRUE 805?

i don't ****in think so *******s

***** *** *****s live out in the ****in BOONIES
claiming to be "true" 805

Get that **** outta here!!!

not to mention you guys suck the **** of the REAL 805, and have done so for several years

triflin'-*** *****s

>=P

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
what the ****? the TRUE 805?

i don't ****in think so *******s

***** *** *****s live out in the ****in BOONIES
claiming to be "true" 805

Get that **** outta here!!!

not to mention you guys suck the **** of the REAL 805, and have done so for several years

triflin'-*** *****s

>=P
Easy there Joe. I miss you too, but whats with all the hostility? I think we should be given some credit for the name, to me it just sounds right. True 805, nice ring to that too. I think if you have ever lived in SB or SLO youd understand. But your right, we shouldnt discriminate against "Other 805" inhabitants. Maybe we can add that as an attachment or a list, to the title. Hope that's a good enough compromise.

D

Deleted member

santa barbara (except helmet, gishnak, stev) can suk real 805's ****!!!!!!!!!!!

DJMirror

Smash Master
You guys may be 805 on the map but in the smash community

you guys are not 805

LOL that sucks

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
You guys may be 805 on the map but in the smash community

you guys are not 805

LOL that sucks
Agreed. We are definitely not known for being elite smashers. I think its largely due to that fact that we are in the middle of California and all the smashers are in the North & South. We only have a handful of competitive smashers in total for SB and SLO combined and there is only so good one can get by playing the same people.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
So while fighting for area codes is fun is there anyone who wants to play tonight?

I have a set up and an extra TV but as always, need a host!

Anyone?? Please?? I dont want to wait for smash club tomorrow!

Top Bottom