• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Dreamhack: I left flyers to the Sixth College Tech Committee to pass out to UCSD students too, so hopefully that'll help out your turnout.

Awex

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone. I needed a bit of a pick-me-up, but I dunno, I had an awesome day so I'm just in a bubbly mood right now. :D

pnoy: IMMA GET YOU. YOU (game &) WATCH.

Nick: Double De's 4 life.

Pat: Fun tourney, can't wait for the next one.

LHG: No worries. I just need some more Peach practice, and to teach nana some things. ;D

Selen: Pretty sure I was your second round. GG's.

Dragz: I'm soooo sorry. You must have like, a (dede)deep hatred of Nick and I at this point. Like dartboard with a dedede face on it and all. D:
GG's though with you and SA3. Your ROB is getting pretty sick. =)

Kyubi: I needed that dollar today, haha.

'Til next time guys. :D

Windstorm

Smash Rookie
im real real sad :(, wouldve done better in doubles if i had a better team mate, i brought a first timer in brawl lol. but it was fun. thanks for all the help azn lep :)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Thanks everyone. I needed a bit of a pick-me-up, but I dunno, I had an awesome day so I'm just in a bubbly mood right now. :D

pnoy: IMMA GET YOU. YOU (game &) WATCH.

Nick: Double De's 4 life.

Pat: Fun tourney, can't wait for the next one.

LHG: No worries. I just need some more Peach practice, and to teach nana some things. ;D

Selen: Pretty sure I was your second round. GG's.

Dragz: I'm soooo sorry. You must have like, a (dede)deep hatred of Nick and I at this point. Like dartboard with a dedede face on it and all. D:
GG's though with you and SA3. Your ROB is getting pretty sick. =)

Kyubi: I needed that dollar today, haha.

'Til next time guys. :D
Lol, no, on the contrary I love what you guys were doing with DeDeDe. It was kick-***.

I hope I'll see you guys again at an upcoming tourny.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
man...i reaaaaally wish i went to this triweekly. my bad guys..i was in Norcal. PNOY *****!!!! Good Shiet. i got to play with a bunch of norcal folks tho...Lucien's Wolf is wayy too good...and i met the most Rapiest (non existing word) Metaknight in the history of metaknights...im too terrified to play him again...he also taught me a 0 to death at 43% with metaknight. INSANE!!!! whens the next one at? got some cool tricks i wanna try out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGuAb4Sx8p4

this is the preview to the TLA Crew Combo Video for WWJD. His mario is easily one of the best in Norcal.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Wow! Good stuff to Richard/Pnoy!

I don't feel bad about losing to you anymore! (Kidding! <3 )

I want to make it to one last tournament for Brawl to see everybody, when is the next tournament? :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Pat, we need to find somebody to take over this thread that will update it frequently, preferably somebody cute :]

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Well the next tournament is the one im holding at Gamers Universe and the info is right there. Its in 2 weeks so thats the next one I guesse unless theres another one going down somewhere????

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Jenaq, I can't wait to play you again! That was probably the closest match I've ever had. It was pretty awesome going up to 180+% on our last lives on the third match =P

I think I need to play lucario more. I still love Pit but Lucario has a lot of subtlety that I'm starting to really enjoy.

Also LHG my face still hurts from getting slapped around the room =(

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Also LHG my face still hurts from getting slapped around the room =(
XD, I thought you meant IRL, and I was like "Wha- did I really do that?"

But yeah lol, the Pit ditto wasn't doing it for me, I had no idea what to do against another Pit player so I had to bust out that dirty Peach. Hope we can play again! I need Pit ditto practice. :)

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Hey, UDub here...

Great tourney (the first I was able to participate in)... I was able to witness that 0->death chain throw by ICDP, 'twas truly a thing of beauty. Definitely gotta work on my game (I was the nub Toon Link player), got completely rocked by Azn Lep's G&W play (clean match, nice playin'). Nabster whooped me pretty hard to knock me out in the losers bracket, that was a great match too. Definitely need to work on strategies, looking forward to the next one!

--UnderWing/UDub

----PS: I talked to Lep about summer continuation of these tourneys Saturday, and he mentioned that it's tricky. Myself, ICYDP, and RBNuke were thinking about throwing one local in our area (Scripps Ranch, it's about 15 minutes east of UCSD, it's on the other side of the 15). Over summer, we might be able to run one every 2-3 weeks, and we can supply setups within the three of us alone... the facility we'd be using isn't optimal (it's a pool clubhouse with max. occupancy of 50 people, less with tv's and such) but I think it could work if we expanded outside (it's far enough away from the pool for the equipment to be safe). It's not as convenient as UCSD, but in the case that the Tri-Weeklies can't continue during summer, would anyone be interested in this as a substitute? Just gauging interest at this point.

------PPS: Oh yeah, should also be able to bring recording equipment to the next tourney, maybe we could get some of the better matches on Youtube. Looking forward to the next one.

Jenag

Smash Rookie
haha Nuke, ya it was super close, if u neutral A i would've fell for it. I always fall for neutral A.

Hall

Smash Ace
It was small, but fun regardless. Thanks to everyone for the matches.

Um,

Azn_Lep~Thanks for being my doubles partner. It's pretty cool teaming up with an established smasher.
Nicktendo~ Thanks for your kind words. Our matches were really close and lots of fun. Sorry about knocking you and your crew out of the brackets. Next time you guys can knock me out :ohwell:
P_noy~ Fun matches. Great spacing. You should be an astronaut.

Looking forward to future tri-weeklies.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
It was small, but fun regardless. Thanks to everyone for the matches.

Um,

Azn_Lep~Thanks for being my doubles partner. It's pretty cool teaming up with an established smasher.
Nicktendo~ Thanks for your kind words. Our matches were really close and lots of fun. Sorry about knocking you and your crew out of the brackets. Next time you guys can knock me out :ohwell:
P_noy~ Fun matches. Great spacing. You should be an astronaut.

Looking forward to future tri-weeklies.
Hall, you were the snake player with azn lep right? I remember playing you in the doubles matches. I was the marth and my friend was the falco.... You got some skills man I just hated when your snake did the sleeper on my marth and azn's Luigi just kicked that crap out of me while I was knocked out!!! LOL! But GG's Man!!! Hope to see you at the other tri-weeklies....

$BONE$

Smash Ace
hellloOoOOoooO

whens the next smashfest??
i miss everyone.

i challenge jeff to a peach ditto in brawl.
oooooHhhhhH. laggy *** peach dittos. brawl style.
hang with it or go back home.

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
hellloOoOOoooO

whens the next smashfest??
i miss everyone.

i challenge jeff to a peach ditto in brawl.
oooooHhhhhH. laggy *** peach dittos. brawl style.
hang with it or go back home.

lets do it foo!! i call cherry red..mmm

and paul, i didn't forget you. hit me up man! i'm down for islands anyday foreal.

imo.."ramen shop" host another melee tourny LOL

$BONE$

Smash Ace
AznLep: I've been busy with life. PEACHEY will be back soon enough though. despite the fact that i ttly h8 this game. ;D

Jeff: ITS DONE. ALREADY. GIVE UP. C U in FINALS SON.

Dreamhack: i spam turnips vs boss, thats why.

Edrees: Double Peach in Brawl? LOL OMG. we'll suck.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
lets do it foo!! i call cherry red..mmm

and paul, i didn't forget you. hit me up man! i'm down for islands anyday foreal.

imo.."ramen shop" host another melee tourny LOL
LOL

It's sad to see that the smash scene has sunk so far as to want another one of those...>_<

But seriously. Melee sometime soon please?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

Date: May 3, 2008

Time: 1:00 P.M. (12:00-1:00 P.M. set-up and friendlys)

(5269 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego Ca. 92110)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $10-Doubles Entry ($5 Per person)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10%

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Neutral Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Cruise, Skyworld

Banned Stages: 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, Summit, Temple, WarioWare, Inc., Yoshi's Island

(*NOTE)

PLEASE BRING WII's And Copies Of Brawl

If you can, call and let us know ahead of time if you will be bringing a WII or A Copy of Brawl so we can make a note of it. And of course bring your own controller. GameCube controllers only!

More Info: Call "Gamers Universe" (619) 543-0800 or visit

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=637 and check it out there!!!

Top Bottom