• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

The Chop Suey

Smash Rookie
hey fellow san diegans. just gonna add this to my threads and also im assuming we wont need tv's cuz this has been planned for a while but lemme know i may be able to bring mine.

Go St. Pat my bud from school who referred me

peace

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah so Norfair is gonna be banned and Yoshi Island - Melee is gonna be on for counter picking. We WILL need setups I can't stress this enough.

BRING TVS WIIS AND BRAWL - I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY WE"RE GOING TO HAVE.

The turn is likely to be 30+ so only having 2 or 3 setups isn't going to go. Even if you don't have a Wii, bring TVs. There will be students that can't bring TVs but will have Wiis

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
This is just a one day thing right its just running only saturday??? Right??? And I need directions for this, I mean I know how to get to UCSD but I mean how to get to the actual venue......

The Chop Suey

Smash Rookie
yeah so Norfair is gonna be banned and Yoshi Island - Melee is gonna be on for counter picking. We WILL need setups I can't stress this enough.

BRING TVS WIIS AND BRAWL - I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY WE"RE GOING TO HAVE.

The turn is likely to be 30+ so only having 2 or 3 setups isn't going to go. Even if you don't have a Wii, bring TVs. There will be students that can't bring TVs but will have Wiis
i will be down to bring my wii but my tv will kinda be a hassle but put down a wii on chop suey

and dream dude theres a map of the school on the first post

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
so this is this weekend?? i wanna go lol i been dying to play brawl in a actual tournament..hopefully i dont have work haha =)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
There's the new Yoshi's Island (Neutral Stage) and then the Yoshi's Island from Melee with the Pipes and blocks that I decided to move out of the banned list (Counter Picking Stage)

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring a Wii and 2 TVs, only if I can guarentee someone else is going to bring a Wii to hook up to my extra TV. Last time I brought 2 TVs, one was just sitting there.

LuCKy

Smash Master
any chance of housing 4 people sat night? possible firday night also? its my only chance of coming lol

4 people being: me mango danimals and tofu

if anyone can i can bring a tv and wii and even record lol

plzzzzzz help i really wanna come >_>

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going but I have a question about the rules for Tri weekly 2 which i'm coming to. Can I choose all the music settings? Only Zelda and Metroid music allowed ftw.

There's no reason Yoshi's Island should be banned though!
Wait, can you choose certain music for certain stages or something? In that case I nominate Golden Sun. It's too good.

That one song from Yoshi's Island is awesome too.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
looks like me romeo are comming to this =)...and maybe mike haze hahaha if he wants to go in the trunk ^_~..but yeah we might need housing comming late friday night so we dont hit traffic so if some1 could helpsies thanks =)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I know a couple of the guys I'm bringing to the tournament will probably bring Wiis but not TVs (AKA Chop Suey) so all the TVs you guys can bring will be welcome. I'm bringing my TV + Wii (god it feels weird to type wii instead of cube) so you've got one from me too.

Aileron31527

Smash Rookie
Change controller options?

Will we be able to make names and change our conrtoller options in the option screen?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Matches would take tooooooo long. They're already pretty lengthy.
Isn't the windmill part of the stage only up for like 30 seconds at a time? I cannot see it really adding that much time to a match. Its not like no fighting goes on during that point anyway. Am I missing something?

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Will we be able to make names and change our conrtoller options in the option screen?
Probably, so long as you know what you want before you get to the TV and don't take more than a few seconds to do it. The matches are already gonna take a long time, we don't need to take 3 more minutes for 2 people to set up names and controller options.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the windmill part of the stage only up for like 30 seconds at a time? I cannot see it really adding that much time to a match. Its not like no fighting goes on during that point anyway. Am I missing something?
*sigh*

Seige suggested there would be a compromise where players wouldn't do anything during that portion of the stage. Then I said matches would take too long in response to his suggestion.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
wobbling is allowed for the whole 11 percent you can get with it

edit: Hanenbow is the electroplankton level with the leaves and the pink doohickeys
Skyworld is on counterpicks cause that level is hilarious... hmm maybe i should reconsider...

The Chop Suey

Smash Rookie
wobbling is allowed for the whole 11 percent you can get with it

edit: Hanenbow is the electroplankton level with the leaves and the pink doohickeys
Skyworld is on counterpicks cause that level is hilarious... hmm maybe i should reconsider...
what is wobbling? help me out pat lol and also whats the deal with skyworld? i happen to like that map alot....coming from a noob lol
alright guys

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Hey, it looks like I'm able to make it to this...but I need a ride. Would anyone be willing to step up and give me one? I've got a TV. =/

Sucking at Brawl FTW.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
geez...i hope UCSD has wireless...because thats the ONLY way im able to play...hahaha..in other words..i cant go...the Mrs. has a fcucking hair appointment at 2 on saturday....i punched a hole in my wall when i found out..

RAWR

btw....Boss...go online tonight bro. im down to play some matches...you too 3 years...my brawl code is on here already

LHG

Smash Journeyman
geez...i hope UCSD has wireless...because thats the ONLY way im able to play...hahaha..in other words..i cant go...the Mrs. has a fcucking hair appointment at 2 on saturday....i punched a hole in my wall when i found out..

RAWR

btw....Boss...go online tonight bro. im down to play some matches...you too 3 years...my brawl code is on here already
**** man, that sucks. This one seems exciting too. Hopefully we'll see you at the next BBB though, yeah? And dude, add me on Brawl, I'm going to add you right now. :)

Top Bottom