• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I think he's just thrown off because he's not talking to you. He's posting in the San Diego thread because he's asking San Diego people. I don't think you're going to drive out of your way for one of our small High School Smashfest's -- By all means, come if you want to but, lets be realistic here. You're just being a spammy cacaface. Poo poo head.

Personally, I relish the idea of a memorable trophy to look back on.
I've always wanted one.
Can you get it custom/engraved?

Like, "I finally beat Saint Patrick in tournament trophy"
or, "Bone 4 stocked Giza and, he finally stopped posting his garbage trophy."
or, "Raging DYNAMOO!!!" (Thats for you Edrees,)
EDIT: or, "I wobbled Bone for 1st." ( for Azn lep)
EDIT: or, "I tried." (for Tony)
EDIT: or, "Sandbagging my way to the top." (Rickety)
EDIT: OR, " My bracket was YLOH -> Sa2Jeff --> Bone ---> Edrees. " (Patrick)
EDIT: ORR, "I robbed them again." (DSF)
<33

Just flourishing you with my brilliant ideas. I'm all for a trophy.
Everyone is just being silly dumdums if they say they don't want one.
Even though it'd take time to get that done. It'd totally be worth every penny.
I LOL'd so hard at this post it's ridiculous. If I could get a trophy with my person Peach slayer bracket on it, I'd so go.

However, IMO, I definitely wouldn't pay to enter a tournament where the only prize is a trophy. <_<

Beat me in tournament Bone? NEVER! Peach is my sex puppet, and can never defy me.

Bowser gave me permission.

Aioria

Smash Cadet
Greetings from Tijuana....

Does somebody knows which tourny is goin' to be first? singles or doubles?
1 Day for one tourney? or both tourneys are gonna be at the same time and be continued the secnd day?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
- SATURDAY -
10:00 AM Doors open for setting up
12:00 PM Sign-ups
1:00 PM Doubles Bracket (Stopped at Winner's Finals)
6:00 PM Singles Pools
10:00 PM Closure
- SUNDAY -
10:00 AM Doors open for setting up
12:00 PM Singles Bracket (Stopped at Winner's Finals)
7:00 PM Doubles Finals (Winner's/Loser's/Grand)
8:00 PM Singles Finals (Winner's/Loser's/Grand)
10:00 PM Closure

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
A little off topic, but for those who play soul cal, Yoda and Vader are confirmed for SC4... Look it up, I diddnt believe it when I heard it. Vader for PS3 and Yoda for 360....

P.S. anyone going to bruceleeland's smashfest going by the 8 west that could pick me up for it?

Rickety

Peace and Love
A little off topic, but for those who play soul cal, Yoda and Vader are confirmed for SC4... Look it up, I diddnt believe it when I heard it. Vader for PS3 and Yoda for 360....
Interesting character choices :-P
I wonder if they'll have the same movesets from Star Wars: Masters Of Teras Kasi ;)

Rickety

Peace and Love
The Soul Still Burns...

Soul Calibur II Tier List

Xianghua
Cervantes
Yoshimitsu
Ivy

Upper

Cassandra
Taki

Middle

Astaroth
Mitsurugi
Talim
Nightmare
Voldo

Low

Raphael
Kilik
Maxi

Bottom

Yunsung

---

Spawn, Heihachi, and Link are never included in any "official" tier list, though it is widely acknowledged that with his quick speed, easy, high damage combos, and projectiles, Link is a top tier character. Spawn is widely considered to be a middle tier character, while Heihachi, even though he retains many of his combos from Tekken, his lack of range and priority often leave him in the low tier.

Necrid is widely seen in the tournament community as being in the "Broken/God" tier, and is considered too powerful (in terms of power, speed, ease-of-use, and priority) for standard play, and thus is banned in most, if not all, standard tournaments.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Too bad ring outs caused massive controversy at evo 2k3 (or at least I think it was 2k3... could've been 2k4 also). Variable combos just ruined the tourney scene for SC3. I really wanna see the series make a big breakthrough at Evo.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
AHAHAHAAH Pnoy being a Necrid main. Get out of here.

Taki ftw.

Haven't posted in a while here. Hope to see everyone at UCSD this weekend!

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Heihachi is low tier? And Link's projectiles actually did ****? Wow. This is ****ing funny.

Someone once told me the European players came over and messed up the metagame with some low attack/high attack bull****. Is this true?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Too bad ring outs caused massive controversy at evo 2k3 (or at least I think it was 2k3... could've been 2k4 also). Variable combos just ruined the tourney scene for SC3. I really wanna see the series make a big breakthrough at Evo.
Ooh, I never followed SC3, I only heard about a game-breaking glitch during the initial PS2 release. I never considered SC3 real when it debuted, since it was PS2 exclusive and not even in the arcade until the superior, balanced, SC3: Arcade Edition.

AHAHAHAAH Pnoy being a Necrid main. Get out of here.

Taki ftw.

Haven't posted in a while here. Hope to see everyone at UCSD this weekend!
LOL at when people play Necrid, or say, "I'm so good at SC2!" Then go to an arcade and ask, "Where's Link?"

LMAO

It's just so fitting that I played Yunsung in SCII... ;D

Link is ALWAYS top tier.
It's so fitting that I play Sheik and Xianghua <333

Heihachi is low tier? And Link's projectiles actually did ****? Wow. This is ****ing funny.

Someone once told me the European players came over and messed up the metagame with some low attack/high attack bull****. Is this true?
I have never followed the European fighting game scene (except for the big Daigo Umehara VS France spectacle :-P , I stopped following the Soul series after II. Can you tell me more? :]

<3 rick(ety)

$BONE$

Smash Ace
wow. my soul calibur main is in the same spot as peach in terms of tier lists.
lololol.
go figure.
cassandra ftw. <3
shes so ceute. :3

Rickety

Peace and Love
Everyone who attended Bossy Biweekly 5 (When Mango, Lucky, DSF, Khepri, MikeAZE<3, among others came), it has (finally) been posted on tia! Please feel free to confirm your entry :]

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an accurate doubles bracket, but if someone can relay their matches to me, eventually I'll be able to recreate it. Thank you!

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Romeo has the bests posts ever.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
bruceleeland said he was having a smashfest tomorrow at his place, send him a pm for info. also, can anyone give me a ride from point loma to it?

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
I was considering going but now I'm having second thoughts because I'm simply not good enough. But my main question is how long is registration going like if i came at 3pm could i still sign up for the Singles?

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm not going to worry about this one, good luck to you all. I'll just wait and get a running start on brawl. *thumbs up*
I'll make it if i make it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I thought you are suppose to have fun at tournaments, regardless of how you place?

Meh, well I do atleast. I'm sure other people do too.

notnarb

Smash Cadet
he said to arrive by noon.

and don't worry about your skill not being good enough, that's what tournaments are for - to get better :)
I lost every match I played (I was only 4 stocked once during the tournament, which makes me happy) and had a great time. Free Bawls, and lots of free play matches to be had. It helped me to identify my flaws more easily (much more so then when playing friends who are around as good as I am), and maybe next time I'll do better :D

Top Bottom