• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
i heard evo south smash sucked, hopefully this doesn't.
Yeah I heard the same, but come on now...this is west coast smash scene we're talking about.

And Nightblade, Evo is the biggest fighting game championship series in the US, and smash was recently added to the lineup. It's so big, they have 4 qualifying rounds, in which those who place high get to compete at the main event in Las Vegas in late summer. Lots of people from around the globe come to compete. www.evo2k.com If you really wanna check out all the hype, watch the trailer for the evo2k6 dvd on the dvd order page.

Hope to see you guys later on tonight!

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah so, I hope you guys Smash for SUPER LONG, because well... PNOY is being an unforgiving person and lying to this whole group so we're going to be really really late. If we don't take him he's gonna be a little girl about it, so we'll be there late now. >=(

bbbooster

RAINBOW FLOWER MEGA CANNON
Aw man, I totally forgot about the Smashfest at BOSS's house! :(
I really wanted to play, next time for sure!

Doodles, Jon, Asp, Tony, let's practice 2D games for Evo!
3S, ST, GGXX, SSBM, CVS2 ..... <3

Thanks to Anto for inviting us to the Eastlake High School tournament!
I was a little skeptical of a school tournament, but i liked the lag-free projector for the final 4 matches, it was really nice, and 40 people was nice :]

1. Tony
2. Ricky
3. Ramses
4. Anto

I feel really bad about missing tonight, I wanted to play with everyone before I go on my 8 day road trip this Sunday :(

oh, and by the way....

San Diego Triweekly XV
June 1, 2007
UCSD

I Love you, Edrees! <3

<3
rick

P.S. This is Rick on Nick's account!

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Just got back home from Boss's house, it was a helluva time, would love to do it again.

Actually, I'm thinkin of hosting one either this coming weekend or the one after, will post more info later when it's all planned out...

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, smashfest at BOSS's was a good time. Just got home and it's like 3 AM now... doubles were intense, and singles pretty interesting as always. Thanks a lot Boss for that one!

OH WHAT. A REAL TRIWEEKLY?! YAY! On a friday? >.<

Meh, shoutouts!

Nightblade and Yloh: You guys scared me on the last match of our set, life distribution and d-smash Peach! Good matches!

Maple: WHAT A COMEBACK. I thought I had you on our second singles match, but you took it.

And everyone to who I got acquainted to, thanks for the good time and hope to see you again.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Count me in. We should all enter Evo, dude. I'm not sure if you got my PM, Rickety, but there's a 3S/MvC2/CvS2/ST tourney at PC Gamelink up here at San Marcos on saturday, June 2nd. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=131585

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=131353

Shoutouts for Boss's smashfest:

Jon: Thanks for the practice and tips. We gotta hit up that 3S tourney!

Bone: Again, thanks for the tips! The advice you and Jon gave me really helped me in my matches against Deth.

Deth: Good matches, man. I'm amazed I kept up with you. I learned a few things from playing against your samus.

Boss: Thanks A LOT for having us, dude.

anto

Smash Apprentice
Aw man, I totally forgot about the Smashfest at BOSS's house! :(
I really wanted to play, next time for sure!

I was a little skeptical of a school tournament, but i liked the lag-free projector for the final 4 matches, it was really nice, and 40 people was nice :]

1. Tony
2. Ricky
3. Ramses
4. Anto

I feel really bad about missing tonight, I wanted to play with everyone before I go on my 8 day road trip this Sunday :(

oh, and by the way....

San Diego Triweekly XV
June 1, 2007
UCSD

I Love you, Edrees! <3

<3
rick

P.S. This is Rick on Nick's account!
yea man thanks for making it down here. hopefully next time there is more time so it isn't just one game in a series :ohwell: but i believe there is going to be another one in a week or so. i'll post something if there is and hopefully more sd ppl can make it

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
June 1? That's a Friday! It better start in the mid afternoon if you're holding it on a Friday!

I have SAT IIs on Saturday though, so if it's on June 2nd I could probably make it, but a little late. I'll ask how late the SAT IIs get out (I think it's enough time to make it to UCSD for doubles =P)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Just a question. Since I've never been to a friendly tournament where I know the other players, I don't know if this is actually the way it's done. When you and your friends from smashboards have a smashfest, do you address the players when face to face as their screenname on SWF? It seems you're all not on a first name basis, or rather, you prefer to remember and call people by their SWF name.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Just a question. Since I've never been to a friendly tournament where I know the other players, I don't know if this is actually the way it's done. When you and your friends from smashboards have a smashfest, do you address the players when face to face as their screenname on SWF? It seems you're all not on a first name basis, or rather, you prefer to remember and call people by their SWF name.
It all depends on how people want to be called. Like me, most everyone just calls me Patrick. Rick is called Rick and Rickety, just because it's so close to his normal name. Tony is Tony, but we call Yloh Yloh. We pretty much call all the Michaels by their SWF names (Boss, Bone, Yloh, Vietgamer) just because it would get confusing. It varies. With Sexydoodles, sometimes I call him Doodles, sometimes I call him Cameron. Same with ASP.

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
dam cant wait for this upcoming triweekly. see all the familiar faces and such.

thoughts on Boss's smash-fiesta:
pretty sick and chill there. wish more people went but nonetheless a fun *** time.

shoutouts:
Boss: thanks for having us. sorry for the sorta lateness if we were. wish i got to play u tho.
Deth: both matches were crazy, ur samus is gettin better each time i face u.
Bone: kinda left me in shock wen u said i was good, sorry if i was speechless. good close matches. PINOY PRIDE!
Romeo: intense intense matches. went down to the wire all 3 games. thanks for the compliments.
Jon: ALL YOUR FAULT! ha jk. nice warm ups and its always the sickest fooling around w/ u.
Kyle/Maple: why the hell didnt we play?! ur gettin it next time we see eachother. coolest guy ever. so..to Jon's question, Maple Syrup or Deth Syrup???
Yloh: we should be rivals i think...but yea had to get that revenge on u after u beat me at PC. thought u had it after u beat my marth, but pulled out some Saint Patrick and took the next 2 games. me and my friends should meet up w/ u and nightblade more often.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
I wanna go to the tri weekly : )

I hope this ones gonna be fun, and bigger than the mudd club one.

Whos going to evo at comic con.

Im hungry now, peace my brothers. and have fun Rickety at the 8 day camping trip :(. Who am i gonna smash with?

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Results/Shoutouts

Hey all, last night/ this morning was way chill. Thanks for commin out and u all are welcome over anytime. Now for the Results... (which i'm sure you all are dying for haha)

Doubles:
1. BB Hood (Boss + Bone)
2. Maple Syrup (Deth + Maple)
3. Team 619 (Romeo619 + Jon619)
4. Earnie Reyez Jr.
5. Waffle Sapple
5. Holy Knights
7. Team Armando

Singles:
1. Bone
2. Boss
3. Romeo619
4. Maple
5. Jon619
6. Pnoy
7. Yloh
7. Teet
9. Deth
9. Amon Amarth
9. LHG
11. Mark
11. Kits

Shoutouts:

Glad to see new faces and always chill to see the familiar ones. I'll be doing these all over summer... prlly every other weekend.

Bone- Peach is a beast. Our matches are way too close when I go my jigga. Good games for sure baby. BB Hood for life.

Romeo- GG's for sure man. We need to play more... free for all falco and falcon matches. ha! Oh, and next time you and jon and bone come down u can stay; just that mom had to work at 8 (which she normally doesn't so yea... but next time for sure!)

Maple- ...Get a smashboards account bittch hoe.

Jon- Marth is sexy. Close matches homie, we shall play more often indeed.

Deth- Samus has insane potential... just still need to work with u on the simple stuff (EDGEGAURDING!!!!!).

Yloh- fun playing lowtier with u, keep it real dawg.

Everyone else- Thanks, fun matches, see u all in two weeks at my place again prlly (either that fri. or saturday).

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I'm always at comic-con either as a volunteer or working for one of my friends at his booth, so I'm definitely schedule in the evo smash tourney.

spiffo

Smash Cadet

1. Tony
2. Ricky
3. Ramses
4. Anto
I think I broke the quote tag... meh

I wanna thank anto too. without him inviting rick and tony our school wouldn't have been owned as bad as it was. I uh... came close to placing.

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Boss for having us over. It was very fun. Here are some shout outs.

Boss: Our matches were really intence. Almost every match went down to the last life. Hope to play you again soon.

Bone: Thanks for giving me some Peach training and thanks for the great matches.

John: Man, I should of won that second round, but thats how it goes in Smash. Great match.

Maple: Insane Shiek, I want to play you more.

Knightblade: We should smash together more often. I'll try to help you out as best as I can too. Thanks for teaming with me.

Pnoy: Close match. Looks like you got your revenge, but I'll soon come back from the grave. Looks like we are San Marcos rivals and that means we should smash more often. Oh and you didn't have the warm gatoraid that time.

To everybody else: It was great playing with you guys!

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, last night/ this morning was way chill. Thanks for commin out and u all are welcome over anytime. Now for the Results... (which i'm sure you all are dying for haha)

Doubles:
1. BB Hood (Boss + Bone)
2. Maple Syrup (Deth + Maple)
3. Team 619 (Romeo619 + Jon619)
4. Earnie Reyez Jr.
5. Waffle Sapple
5. Holy Knights
7. Team Armando

Singles:
1. Bone
2. Boss
3. Romeo619
4. Maple
5. Jon619
6. Pnoy
7. Yloh
7. Teet
9. Deth
9. Amon Amarth
9. LHG
11. Mark
11. Kits

Shoutouts:

Glad to see new faces and always chill to see the familiar ones. I'll be doing these all over summer... prlly every other weekend.

Bone- Peach is a beast. Our matches are way too close when I go my jigga. Good games for sure baby. BB Hood for life.

Romeo- GG's for sure man. We need to play more... free for all falco and falcon matches. ha! Oh, and next time you and jon and bone come down u can stay; just that mom had to work at 8 (which she normally doesn't so yea... but next time for sure!)

Maple- ...Get a smashboards account bittch hoe.

Jon- Marth is sexy. Close matches homie, we shall play more often indeed.

Deth- Samus has insane potential... just still need to work with u on the simple stuff (EDGEGAURDING!!!!!).

Yloh- fun playing lowtier with u, keep it real dawg.

Everyone else- Thanks, fun matches, see u all in two weeks at my place again prlly (either that fri. or saturday).
I should be at the bottom with Mark and Kits...that's what I get for having to face Bone then Deth :psycho:

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
hi

mike hijacked doodles account right now cuz hes at work and im at andrews and camerons place

im reallly bored

hence i hijacked his account

GG

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm thinkin of hosting one either this coming weekend or the one after, will post more info later when it's all planned out...
Do it! I would love to come if I could. However, know that a smashfest is not a drugfest. Judging by your sig and some comment you made once, I can tell that you enjoy getting high. Keep the pot hidden away during the smash scene- I would leave instantly if any came out. If you plan on busting out the bongs during the smashfest, just tell me now, and save me the trouble.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Do it! I would love to come if I could. However, know that a smashfest is not a drugfest. Judging by your sig and some comment you made once, I can tell that you enjoy getting high. Keep the pot hidden away during the smash scene- I would leave instantly if any came out. If you plan on busting out the bongs during the smashfest, just tell me now, and save me the trouble.
Hey don't worry, I keep that kind of thing under wrap....now that isn't to say that I wont be a little baked my self(i'm not an annoying idiot stoner, I act quite normal), but nah, you wont see anything of the sort.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
O.o wow dude. I'm all for people who don't like drugs/drinking/etc., but man. Don't be so uptight. If you're gonna be part of the San Diego smash scene, be loose and have fun. Request, don't demand; there are never drugs/alcohol at any smashfests, so no need to worry.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
thats an awesome new look for Starcraft!! i like it.

fun smashfest at Boss's place yesterday. it was fun seeing u guys but halfway in the tournament i just got really tired.

thanks go to Anto for telling me and Romeo about the gamecrazy tournament today. it was a lot of fun and im glad i won myself a free copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!!

grats to Anto for winning Second.

And Rickety! we need to practice our 2D fighting games for Evo. i play too much World of Warcraft. im starting to see the effect its taken on my Smash game.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
that drug post just reminded me of Triweekly 12 at the Ballroom. over the PA

" whoever is smoking weed please share or get out" LOL

but seriously. there are no drugs in the SD smash scene. we're too cool for that.

romeo619

Smash Ace
good shit yesterday guys

BOSS: thanks a lot for having us, a lot of fun. gg's too bad we all got real tired and didn't care haha

Kyle: make a smashboards name noob. gg's especially in teams. maybe next time we'll go to denny's at 3 AM

bone: owns me. thanks for the snacks

pnoy: ur getting real good man. keep it up. close games

everyone else it was good seeing and playing you guys. a couple new faces yayuhuhzz.

and WTF at noobs at gamecrazy knowing how to waveshine, wd, SHL and all this shit. random as hell. thanks anto for letting us chill at your place and grats at second.

too bad i couldn't enter the gamecrazy tourney, smash is too expensive :/

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
that drug post just reminded me of Triweekly 12 at the Ballroom. over the PA

" whoever is smoking weed please share or get out" LOL

but seriously. there are no drugs in the SD smash scene. we're too cool for that.
Haha I remember that. Could totally smell it too. That was pretty funny.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
*lights up some grass*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
Lol!

But seriously, there won't be weed smokin in my garage, or any kind of alcohol. For one, my neighbors are really noosey. And, my folks will likely be in the house.

But If anyone wants to have "that type" of get together, more than welcome to PM me. Other wise, it will be strictly a smash fest.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
LOL, that announcement was hilarious. I don't know why, it just was.

I'm definitely sticking with the 'toss when this comes out. And I will stand by that.

anto

Smash Apprentice
I wanna thank anto too. without him inviting rick and tony our school wouldn't have been owned as bad as it was. I uh... came close to placing.
oh fo sho man. hopefully more good sd ppl will make it down for the next one, cuz frankly kids at our school need to get owned cuz they are bad sports and give you the dirtiest look when they lose and can't even say gg ahha. but spiffo and amidaes who are you guys? we should play more often especially since we go to the same school ahha.

anyways... today was chill. nice seeing jon and romeo today and smashing at gamecrazy and some n64 smash at my place woo good times. thanks for some tips today as well o and congrats jon for winning brawl and beating a little kid who had his own cheering section :p.

Top Bottom