• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
A 12pm start is normal. Lance, I think this triweekly is something not to be missed. If the San Diego crew can work their ***** off to pull in big names to these events, I can only hope for the rest of San Diego to come and support. If reception is weak, what does this say about our community? One hour earlier should not really hurt.

Darkmagic, coming at 12.30 means I'll add you in the brackets later, but it's not guaranteed.

What I really want is for people to arrive at 11am, so that we can make an ideal 12pm start. This way we can do everything we want, and more.

Bring TV's and Cubes if you can.

Cheers fellas.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I'm looking foward to this. :]

I'll bring a cube and TV, and my Ken money!

I won't be entering teams this time, though :[ because:

1. I suck at teams more than singles!
2. I only have 20 bucks to spend. (15 for Ken and 5 for singles. I'm a poor college student!)
3. Tony won't be able to go.

I hope this is not a problem, and I am eager to see everyone there!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OC2 Donations - $105 ($5 extra from Simna_ibn_Sind)
Cumulative donations = $290

1 Ken Winnings: $60.00
2 Manacloud Winnings: $30.00
3 Edrees Winnings: $10.00
4 Azn_Lep Winnings: $0.00
5 LanceStern
5 Panda
7 Champ
7 CAOTIC
9 Zack
9 Goose
9 Knifey
9 Simna_ibn_Sind
13 Rickety
13 The Cube
13 PMS
13 JustPha
17 Sean
17 Jet
17 Oops
17 Alvin
17 CP
17 Eddy
17 Dustin
17 George
25 Larry
25 Hobbes
25 Wesley Wicked
25 Adrian Monjula
25 SD Hugo
25 Vincent
25 Bruce
25 Loser
33 Andrew
33 Gum
33 Robert
33 Ferde
33 Darkmagic
33 Page

1 The Ultimate Sanchez (Panda+Ken) $60.00
2 Bye $30.00
3 Hell if I know (Simna+CAOTIC) $10.00
4 Team Underdog (JustPha+Oops!) $0.00
5 Team (Bruce+AM)
5 Team Computer (Manacloud+LV9)
7 Team Cheapness! (Eddy+Azn_Lep)
7 Team Coke (Zack + Gum)
9 Team Waffle (Knifey+CP)
9 Bob Marley (PMS+WW)
9 Team N00b (Goose+Hugo)
9 Loser and Giza (Loser+Robert)
13 Team Shorts (Alvin+Andrew)
13 Holy Grail (Hobbes+Jet)
13 Team Zoso (Page+Ferde)

Zack353

Smash Ace
Mad mad fun. Ken is too good in team battle :p.

9th Place! Sweet!

Champ has too good of a Fox :chuckle:

*needs to learn how to play marths*

LanceStern

Smash Lord
So that was YOU Zack who was playing. Coolness. We have to play sometime, though your Fox is extremely good.

Why do you call yourself "Falco Master" with a AAA Fox at your disposal?

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Start the shoutouts....

LanceStern: You're Falco is getting better, I kill myself like that on a regular basis, lol no johns. GG, Pick up G&W

Meyoulou/Rick: I love dittos, It's too fun. I think I'm considering Ken Training.

SDHugo: Thanks for teaming with me, I don't really care about teams, Good Job though.

Weasly Wicked: Pretty good Samus, Just need to space yourself with the projectiles so you can spot doge or something.

Simna ibn simn:I was the Falco that knocked you out, Good games. Odd Slobbed picks huh? FD+Kongo Jungle, haha.

Trevyn: Needs to get back to Cali so I can get trained.

Pha: Good close friendlies, I'm thinking of getting trained by Ken

Azn_lep: Joined the cheapness club? Haha, I should have stayed Falco thats for sure, No johns gg, Rainbow Cruise>Nana

CAOTIC: Thanks for running this, couldn't get to play you this time

Edrees: Dayum is all I can say, you're too good

Eddy: I told you, my Link isn't too great, The Cfalcon game was nice, great game though

The Fox/Falco kid I played in friendlys: Sorry, couldn't match a name, the games were fun, I need to stop killind myself hah.

Anyone I forget to mention?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You mean all I had to do was work my butt off a little harder and I would've made FOURTH PLACE!!!

ARRGH the PAIN!!!
Oh well, it was very fun, and frankly Azn_Lep/Mana/Ken/Edreeses would've destroyed me anyways. As would Goose and Caotic, Oops and Pha lol.

Once again it was especially a pleasure to talk with Meyoulou and fun stuff playing with him.

Azn_Lep thanks for the Game & Watch advice and my best tourney match of the day

Caotic for starting the whole thing and not kicking me out despite my tardiness (b^.^)b

Kniffey also a pleasure to meet and play you. Very tough match and I hope to see you guys at your own tournies.

Edreeses - Finally got to meet you. TOo bad I couldn't play you lol.

Goose thanks for showing me [once again] that I need A LOT of work on Falco.

I DIDN'T GET TO PLAY KEN!!! OMGOSH!!!

I think I'm going to bring out Game and Watch the next tourney. He actually did pretty good in friendlies.

Knifey

Smash Cadet
9th is ok for my third tourney I think?

CAOTIC thanks for having these tourneys, they are so fun!

Zack your mind games are realy nice, u just need to learn how to play against marth! :)

Rick didn't get to play you this time since I have improved

Simna Ii talked to you on the hub a while back, then u vanished, too bad I couldn't talk to you there

LanceStern pretty much everything you just said

Panda ...ouch is all I can say, you destroyed me

If you played me then plz mention it, I forgot who I fought (lol it rhymes)

hope I got everyone's names right

Zack353

Smash Ace
LanceStern said:
So that was YOU Zack who was playing. Coolness. We have to play sometime, though your Fox is extremely good.

Why do you call yourself "Falco Master" with a AAA Fox at your disposal?
I tested out the premium membership thingy a long time ago when Falco was my main :p

Apparently you can't change the name rank back until you rank up or buy it again >_>;;

...Which I am thinking of doing.

@Knivey.. Maybe Next Time I think I will just go Sheik against all Marths :chuckle: .

Rickety

Peace and Love
Lance it's always a pleasure hanging out and playing. Doctor Mario is coming after you!! :-P Lets both take up new characters, in addition to current ones.We need to hang out and play more!

Knifey good stuff. it's always good to improve one self, whether it's in smash or life in general. We should play each other again :]

Goose! Dittos are fun, Your falcon is a beast. and my doc is only lucky. >.> We must play again soon.

Edresse, tricky like a Peach! My Jigglypuff needs more training.

Caotic, thanks for hosting another great tournament. Next time, though, Tony must come. The Falcon-Boozer rivalry must live on!

Eddy and Azn Lep, thanks for helping carry the TV :]

Manaclouds Samus is crazy!

Pha. . . is too good for his own good.

Oops, we didnt have a chance to battle for the princess :[

Ken, Thank you for the training session! I will take the advice to heart and practice it. I wanna come to a biweekly and show you. I am going to u-tilt rest combo the guy that said wavedashing was better than L-cancelling >.>
I am Ken Training Student #1! I won't let you down! :]

Thanks to everyone who made this a triweekly to remember.

peace, love, and happiness,
rickety

Adrian Monjula

Smash Rookie
Even though I'm new, can I do shout outs too? :p

Brian - Thanks for having me as the teammate that kicked your *** more than the other team.

Pha - Oww...I had to go up against you first, huh?!

Alvin - Some day, I'll be as good a Marth user as you! (Probably the day I stop rolling around like a monkey.)

And all the people who I fought who's name I never got. ^^"

Phsycotic Mind System

Smash Apprentice
wow 13th place eh and its been my second time to the triweekly

ok i woulkd like to give shout outs to....

SDHugo - you almost beat me but i got you with some of my back kicks lol.
CP - Your peach using is good it almost beat me ^__^
Panda - all i can say is you beat me and thats it
knifey - one day i will beat you but it was great to play against you and i hope i play u again.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yayuhhz!! Good **** today guys

Hey, I'd like to thank the entire San Diego smash community for being a part of this. It was good to see familiar faces and a few new ones. I can see the improvement in alot of the games that recent tri weekly goers have been too. San Diego is getting too good!!!

Cao, Pha, Eddy, Edrees: Hey man good stuff Friday night. It's always a pleasure to hang out with you guys, get some Mario Party action and Poker. Hooters was too good.

Cao was all nice and sleep/happy by the end so cuuuute!!
Lol @ Pha's crappy Falco in the Crew match. Dayum that thing has came a LONG wayz.
Thankz for teaming with me Eddy, yeah we probably coulda done better, but no point in regretting things :) .
Edrees, man every freakin' tourney I swear to god... One day I'll get you

Ken, Mike, Champ, Panda, Simna: Thanks for dropping by to our little SD get together, hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we did :)

Ken, not one. I didn't see one Ken combo all weekend.
Mike, man you're too good at Poker, taking Pha out when he had 3X you loot. good ****!
Champ smash ISN'T gambling, so long as you're not intending to take the winnings. Then it's just donating. That's not against any religion.
Simna wtf?! NorCal coming all the way here for a 40 man tourney too good lol. Good **** @ Hooters, 20 Oysters (?) + a whole bunch of Chicken wings. Google Earth FTW!

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Man if you're ever gonna have a sausagefest, So Cal smashers are the way to go. That's what I learned.

Much San Diego Love go out to everyone. I'll do some screaming, shouting out later.

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
i may have been defeated in a crushing defeat (i should say defeats) today but i learned a lot..i need more practice lol but its good now time for the shoutouts

first of all everyone was awesome today, very tough competators
now for the specifics

goose - your falco and fox are really good, got my a** handed to me lol

oops - you also play a mean fox :) good shiz

manacloud - blizz-owned is all i can say about me and PMS! you defeated us and you had a comp haha, nice

team n00b - you guys played a mean game, really tough

adrian monjula - you did pretty awesome for your fist triweekly, good shiz man

PMS - you did the best out of me, adrian, and well..you haha nice one!!

zack - good to finaly meet you, in freindlies you showed me how good your falco is..keep up the good work

CAOTIC - thanks for hosting another awesome triweekly i look forward to the next one

ken - well being there was awesome enough, glad you could make it

pha - you beat adrian..nice! haha jk adrian

ok well that about wraps it up thanks all for showing me just how fun triweeklies are k peace out and see yous all at the next one

polarush

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't have many shout outs but w/e

Doubles:
1st Team we faced: I don't remember too much. I think you almost beat us in the second match though. Good match

Ken and Panda: Nice facing you guys in teams. You guys ***** us hardcore in the last match :laugh:

Loser and Giza: It was fun playing with you guys especially at the end when were were fooling with you. Good match though guys :laugh:

Pha and Oops: Lawl @ double rest. Almost had you at the end. Good stuff guys

Singles:
Thanks appetite for getting me a loss >_>;;

Oops: You got a nice fox there. Too much shine for me to handle :laugh: . Good match

Friendlies:
MeYouLou: Thanks for the matches. They were fun
Rick: Fun matches with you too. Thanks :laugh:

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Sorry to Gum and Page, but you gotta be there on time guys >.< Just make sure that at the next tri weekly you tell whoever is running the tournement that you're going to go get food so we don't call your name. Adrian and a few others did thsi so they wouldn't be DQ'd. Hope to see you at the next tri weekly!

LMAO at Edrees:
Cao - "Who do you think will win between Irvine and San Diego"
Edrees - "San Diego"
Cao - "Why"
Edrees -"Because we have players"

WTF MANG?!?

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Sweeet!

Thank you San Diegans for another fun triweekly! I was dead tired during the tournament sorry if I seemed unapproachable. :) I'm glad to see the familiar faces and the new faces as well. Man, the competition level were soo high on this one. You guys got good so fast!

Rick - you're a VIP at triweekly, man! Thank you for always showing up on time and always bringing a TV. I really appreacieate it. I hope you got a lot out of the training session with Ken. Feel free to IM me for more tips.

Little Kids - Glad you're no longer grounded :) hahaha. It's always a pleasure having you guys. You guys improved soooo fast!
Zack- goood stuff, it's always fun watching you play
Page - Sorry about your "first match," I hope you understand. I'll make it up to you at next triweekly by giving you lots and lots of friendlies :)
Gum - you too man :) I hope it was still fun for you guys though
I'm missing someone from your crew, is it 'O'really'? I remember your face but can't recall the name... Thank you for showing up early as well. Hope to see you at the next triweekly

Wesley - good stuff man, you were a good teamate in friendlies. Dual Samus is too good! haha

Dustin - good jigglypuff, too bad I didn't get to play you. I always have trouble with jiggs

Goose - We finally got to play those friendlies huh? And you finally realized how overrated I was, lol. Close matches though, you almost have me every single one of them :).

El Cajon crew - I remember there we Sean and Vince and George and some other :) - Welcome to triweekly. I hope you guys had fun. You guys looked really impressive for first timers. Hope to see you next time.

SDSU crew - finally we see you guys! hahaha. Too bad I still didn't get to play against Cube. We met 3 times and still no friendlies, lol! I'm really happy you guys made it though. Hope to see you guys at the next one.

Loser - lol, what kind of name is that, man??? You're good! Such a deceiving name! Thank you for showing up early. I hope to get more matches in with you at the next one.

Adrian - haha your marth is really fun. Sooo much rolling and sooo much Counters! Good timing man. :)

Lance - wow, you placed high on this one man. Gj! Your Falco continues to improve. Good to see you made it :).

Darkmagic - yay, you came back! I didn't get to play you but it looked like your Fox improved! Hope to get in some friendliest with you at the next tourney

Simma - you took me and opps out of team in both winner and loser bracket. AND you took me and opps both out in singles! LOL what the heck??? You're Ness is an Earthbound wonder, mang. I should've used Falco :(.

Hobbes - lol you got Pandatrated!!!

SD Hugo - man, thank you soo much for helping me getting the last TV! I'll drop by and smash with you in between classes next week, laters!

Bruce - what happened bruce?? I guess everyone has a bad day :). See ya on thursday man!

Rice Cracker - aka Azn Lep, hahaha funny kid. Dude.... I can't believe you freaking almost got Champ to quit smash 'cause of your comment! You're such an A$$! LOL hahahaha. Good times, Pat.

Panda - like I say... the only I don't love about this man is that he uses Shiek... :). Always fun to kick it with you man. SD got Panatrated by team Sanchez... LOL. Good job finding the freeway btw... I took you right to it then you still didn't see it! hahaha

Champ - Don't quit smash! Pat is a stupid kid, he doesn't know what he's talking about! <3 Champ!

Eddy - you're beast, it's scary. I hate it when you get better! Because I'm too lazy to get better and then you'll **** me and then I'll cry and then I'll quit smash because smash sucks.... :cry: :cry:

Oops - lol, Double Fox is too fun!!!! I can't believe we both shine spiked Caotic and the same time... and then I got shine spiked out of that equation too :cry: LOL boo!

Caotic - *Pound* Another good one! Go team!

Ken - haha man, I still feel bad that you had to sleep on that chair, boo! Thank you for an awesome weekend (and Hooters ;)) Hope that was a good way for you to end your spring break. LOL you don't like B B Bridges?? It's too good!

Mike - this man took my bed and didn't appreciate it :cry: ! LOL. Always a good time hanging out with you guys. I can't believe you came back in poker and in it all... lol. Yayuuhz!

You guys really really made my weekend! Thank for coming down, guys!

~SAN DIEGO LOVE~

Rickety

Peace and Love
I wanna change my account name to Rickety! to clear confusion!

Polarush, what name did you go under in the tournament?

How many people with smashboard accounts went to the tournament? I wanna make a list of who everybody was (ex. Rickety=meyoulou, Dave=Caotic, etc.)

Post the name you used for the tournament! :]

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey guys, I think this was a good triweekly. Pha is the man. He's the guy who deserves the most kudos for running this thing, thus, *pound* it to him... in the fist - not the rear.

Ken and Mana - Thanks guys for kicking down with the SD crew, and for shouting us the Hooters experience. Tanx for taking out everyone in Poker Mike LOL I'm stupid @ POKER. OMG you guys know where all the good food is at! Pha and I will make arrangements to chill with you guys in the good ol' OC and check out the venue, yayyuhzz!

The Cube and Maverick - I'm glad you guys made it to one of these. I'm glad you guys haven't changed the way you played yet still managed to rank well. El Cajon represented!

Rickety - I saw Ken train you. He went straight to the most dirty list in Smash. Inconceivable! LOL. I second this guy as the Triweekly's MVP. He is straight out more reliable that the rest of you in more ways than one. Tanx matefor all your support over the months. Falcon/Boozer rivallry? So cuuuute.

Simna - Best Ness I've ever seen. Also the most glitch obsessed Ness I've ever seen. I'm stilll undecided wether that's a good thing or bad thing. LOL

LanceStern - I'm monitoring your bracket closely from now on. LOL, Nah I must credit you for taking down a couple people I thought would have done the job, good sheezy.

Azn_Lep - Is it likely you'll never face a Peach in a tournament? Congratulations on winning $0.00. Tournament Maker likes to tease you. Cuteness.

Champ and Edrees - Did you guys play in teams? I'm confused... I'm also confused as to why Simna and I got taken out by a Bye... Bye wins $30.00, gg Bye, too goodz

Eddy hasn't gone crappy, I have. I lose to Pandatration, what a dirty Sanchez.

Atomic Chameleon

Smash Rookie
hello everyone, in new here.

Im thinkin about coming on april 29th, because i just flat out love competition, and im pretty **** good at smash bros.

I have had SSBM since it first came out, but i liked the original 64 one better...so i used to play that one more with my friends. I have just recently got into SSBM again, and i think im up for the challenge.

Also, does anyone bring n64s and play the original at the venue?

Rickety

Peace and Love
CAOTIC said:

Rickety - I saw Ken train you. He went straight to the most dirty list in Smash. Inconceivable! LOL. I second this guy as the Triweekly's MVP. He is straight out more reliable that the rest of you in more ways than one. Tanx matefor all your support over the months. Falcon/Boozer rivallry? So cuuuute.
Aww thanks, cao. :]

Pha is too good and too cool. :]

Triweekly MVP AND Ken Training Service Student #1? I gotta make a banner with those two :]

I love San Diego, and all its smashers. <3

polarush

Smash Rookie
Saur said:
[raises hand] I was the yoshi there that got pwned a bunch.

...hmmm, I think I was the only yoshi there.
Were you that jet guy?

@ Rikety: I was gum

Anywho, Next tournament ima start using the same name so people can refer to me and know who I am instead of using stupid names I make up on the spot.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
buffbiff21 said:
hello everyone, in new here.

Im thinkin about coming on april 29th, because i just flat out love competition, and im pretty **** good at smash bros.

I have had SSBM since it first came out, but i liked the original 64 one better...so i used to play that one more with my friends. I have just recently got into SSBM again, and i think im up for the challenge.

Also, does anyone bring n64s and play the original at the venue?
Hello.

People don't bring N64's, or play the original to the Triweekly. I do know that some of the people who go play the game well, so perhaps you can hook up with them and get some retro Smash in.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Actually Caotic, I wouldn't mind having my bracket strictly watched >.>

If I'm making it that high up, then I just have a very good bracket draw. I must WORK HARDER ON WAVEDASHING!!!

Those Falcos make mine look like a snail stuck in snow

Rickety

Peace and Love
Everyone knows who Pha is, he's commands the room's attention with his mere presence!

polarush/nub bomber etc. is gum? cool. I wanted to know who everyone was and how theyhave improved over the triweeklys :]

my friend is making a san diego power ranking :O
do you remember adam? he went only to the first triweekly...

He insists hes in the top 25 of San Diego, so he wanted to make a list to see where he stands. But i dont want him to put it on smashboards because it might cause a lot of dispute and conflict or worry people about their ranking, and san diego is too cool to care about some number or fight amongst one another :]

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Top 25 in SD? Top 15 if anything.
Anyways Trevyn will keep acting like he's SD and not OC and be the best forever hahaha.

I was Goose at the tourney. I wanna change my username since this one sucks.

Top Bottom