• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Triweekly?!?

Hey ya'all,
What do you guys think about a triweekly on Sunday 26th (the Sunday after Champ Combo Yayuhhzz)??

I'm planning on hosting it at my place. (3 minutes drive from UCSD)
I will you guys to bring 3 TVs and Cubes. Since we only have 1 set at my place.

Since it's quite a walk to get to any food places around my place (though not too far), what do you think about me selling pizza, drinks, and pha's ice cream sandwiches at this triweekly?

Let me know if you'd go? If we get around 20 people then it'll happen. If not... then I guess I'll have a free sunday :).

San Diego Love~~

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I might make it down for the Sunday 26th triweekly, but if that's the case, are there any hosting options on campus?Or is it seriousy gonna be at your place?

Zack353

Smash Ace
Pha's house.. hmm.... o_O.. err.. Lodge if Possible :) JK.

Either one is fine but I'm more familair with the lodge so I would prefer that.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Haha trust me... the last thing I want is having 30+ people in my place. I'll do my best to get the lodge.

BTW, stfu hobbes - my place is TOO good for you, hahaha :laugh:

eddykim1

Smash Cadet
i dont' think you guys can reserve the lodge becuase they are kicking out all the people dorming on Sunday 26 at 11AM for spring break.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Hey Cao, I'm thinking I might head down to a Triweekly. I'll see if anyone wants to come with me. It's about a 2hr drive for me so I'm gonna have to look up. I'll let you know.

Ok, Results are looking really great for me coming over on the 26th. I hope you'll be at Yayuhzz as well...

One really REALLY important question. Adam, Arash are coming along, is it ok if Chu comes too? I know the biweekly's are strict when it comes to outside players that arn't SoCal, so I wanna get the heads up.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It doesn't look good for me. After Champ Combo I want to stay in Irvine and visit some friends and family. One tournament should be enough for me ;( Sorry guys.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sup Panda, I'll try my best to get the venue sorted tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll be at Yayuhzz for sure.

The Triweeklies are completely open to everyone and anyone who wants to enter it. I think I'll have my apartment to myself as well, so anyone who needs to crash the night in San Diego can drop by no sweat. Having Chu over is all good.

By the way Smash Community... I imgained myself to be relaxing right after Champ Combo Yayhuzz Edition, but it's always a pleasure to have guests come over and visit. So I'm down wth running a triweekly right after Champ Combo, however, I'll need to firstly secure the venue and also get a decent response from San Diegans. If noone says they'll turn up to the event, it's best that I not run the Triweekly alltogether and perhaps chill with my visiting Smash friends.

^^
Cheers.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Awesome, I'm totally up for a Sunday tournement (I won't be able to make EITHER Champ Combo cause of Track) So this is perfect. Panda you guys should definitly come down if you can, it's always good to get any sort of outside competition IMHO. I'm pretty sure most the Esco crew is down for coming on the 26th so count 4 or 5 more people in. :)

PandaX

Smash Lord
Ok sweet. Us 4 are definately coming, so I guess for teams you can expect Team Yayuhzz and Team Godly X4.

Hopefully I can get someone else to drive tho lol. I've been burning milage on my car like no other. Oh, and I can't quite get the pictures uploaded just yet. At the office, I can't access T-mobile, at school I have the same problem, and my home comp is currently under construction.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's a single/double/crew tournement. You can look on the first page for more details, but anyone is welcome to come. Oh and there will also be friendlies beofre the tournement starts and after it ends.

TheOfficeHero

Smash Rookie
okay cool! so i should bring my own GC and controllers. is their an admission fee? this'll be my first tournament lol, i hope i dont get owned too badly. sounds fun can't wait!oh yeah, and about how many people usually compete in this kind of tournament?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Admission fee is 5 bucks for singles and 5 for double. We usually require that you enter both so that there is no confusion. Crews are usually free, maybe a dollar if we feel like putting some cash on it. Yeah, it may help if you bring you GC and you MUST bring your controller. Usually we get around 30 people or so in the tourny. You can see the results on the front page to get an idea of how many people usually attend.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Updates for Sunday March 26~

Sixth College Lodge, UCSD. http://maps.ucsd.edu/Viewer.htm?Zoo....X=1176&View=Large&Fill=421&O.Y=793&Lkey=5847

Starting time:
12pm Signups/Warmups, 1:30pm Start.

What to bring:
TV’s, Cubes copies of Smash, and your controller! If people don’t bring these, you’ll be sitting on your *** all day, and that’s no fun! So bring it!

Admission Fee:
$10. Covers singles and doubles. Visitors are welcome for free.

What we'll be doing:
Singles + doubles + crews tourney and freeplay. Rulesets are Socal rules. Freeplay depends on how many TV's we have.

Pot Split:
1/3 - OC2 Donation
1/3 - Singles (60-30-10)
1/3 - Teams (60-30-10)

Any further Questions? Call me on 714-421-3710

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeap.

If anyone needs housing for the Triweekly, gimme a holla.

Also, I stress, TV's, TV's TV's TV's (4 should be enough from people)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ARRRRASH, check out our random testimonials:

'I had tons of fun.'

'That was a kick-@$$ tournament.'

'VERY FUN!!!'

'I had lots of fun.'

'totally enjoyed the tourney'

'Excellent guys! So much fun and well organized tournament'

'Much fun guys.'

'it was really fun'

'im excited!'

'this was awesome'

'i had a lot of fun at this event'

'I had a blast'

... LOL

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by CAOTIC
"I lost my virginity at the triweekly! Thank you UCSD crew!"

lol wtf? crazy san diego people. haha :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have the following ppl coming along with us south of the border Mexico for a fun night after the next triweekly:
Panda, Arash, Phaking, CAOTIC, Adam, ChuDat, Trevyn

WHAT TO BRING TO MEXICO - Your State ID, drivers permit, or Passport!! Lots of 1 dollar billz.
Rules - Stick together. Good friends always stick together

Any extra takers?

Cheers.

David's textbook fund? Nooo...... my bad. LOL

HobbesDTiger

Smash Rookie
Hmm... smash tourn...after finals? Ahh. Don't know if I'm gonna stay that late. Got work Saturday...but jury duty monday. This is Rick btw mr Chaotic!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yo Rick! Killer Marth!

Dude... it's on a Sunday! Just making sure...On Monday I leave for the East Coast LOL, so there goes the rest of my spring break ^^

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
How are you getting to Mexico? If you're going to TJ, I highly suggest you park in the US and walk over the border. You don't want to lose a hundred bucks because a cop pulls you over for no reason so he can make some cash.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We're leaving our cars in San Ysidro, and catching a Cab once we're in TJ.

YAYYUHZZ!!

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
EdreesesPieces said:
I don't mean to nitpick here but..those percentages add up to 90%. Is this extra 10% going into the Support David's textbook fund??? Heheh

And I think Pha is soooo cooool. I wish I was as awesome as him!

that's money for the lodge, silly! And we tip your mommy with the spare change :laugh:

PandaX

Smash Lord
I simply forgot that TJ isn't that far from San Diego. Due to work the next day, I won't have my super entertaining fun including lots and lots and lots... of alcohol, but I'll still have some fun ;)

Zack353

Smash Ace
Is ChuDat coming to the Tri Weekly?

Mexico, eh? Sounds like fun. Wish I could go >_>...

Rickety

Peace and Love
Dude! Puedo hablar en espanol, I know TJ like the back of my hand!

Yeah driving down at night is NOT a good idea. Stay in well-lit areas and don't take any side streets at night. You'd be just begging to get robbed by thugs/police officers/agile eight year old pickpockets.

Top Bottom