• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Tp_Fox

Smash Cadet
Hey this is SAT and I'm not going to the next tourney. >_> I will be going to the 3rd one though have fun guys and I'll see you on the 3rd tri-weekly.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Bring cubes + copies of Smash, people! Lots of TV's expected.

Here's a new schedule:

- Signups/Freeplay 11am-12noon
- UCSD vs. UCI 12noon-1pm
- Singles + Teams 1pm onwards

Cheers.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
bah i think im really lazy or something. havent called azeem for ride arrangements, and i dunno it seems like too much of a hassle cause my ride is unsure. most likely im not going (again). rawr. maybe next one.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks for coming guys!

College crew match to come soon! Buahaha

SINGLES:
1 Zarelid
2 Edrees
3 Azeem
4 Jon T
5 Mike Y
5 Eddy
7 CAOTIC
7 Byron
9 Arab
9 Bruce
9 Slow Genius
9 Jon
13 Dodger
13 Hobbes
13 Oops
13 Goose
17 Avik
17 Aniket
17 Darkmagic
17 Redpirate
17 Zack
17 Pha
17 OMFG
17 O Rly?
25 Jive
25 M3CA
25 Ashish
25 Fly
25 Yoshi
25 Rav

TEAMS:
1 We Don't Die
2 Team Charles
3 BT
4 Eddikted to Caos
5 Team Top Gun
5 Team Underdog
7 Team Androgeny
7 Team Team
9 Zeldas
9 LT is God
9 Team Juggernaut
13 Team Discovery Channel
13 Team STFU
13 Team Encinitas
13 The Zerg
17 Team Whatever
17 Team OMFG

Zack353

Smash Ace
Hey everyone.. fun today.

Sorry for doing so pathetic in crew battles.. I was much too nervous to play anywhere near my best.

Hopefully I can get better as I go along and place higher another time.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
come on guys the top 3 places are not that way. LOL you shouldnt put 1. Trevyn 2. Edreese 3. Azeem, it should be more like 1-3 DeepSoCal LOL since we did split. f-en trevyn i wanted first today lmfao. its all good. everyone liked it due to deep so cal. guaranteed. haha jk good stuff everyone.

Chuck Norris

Smash Rookie
ahzeem thanks for the falcon and samus dittos. That improved my game a lot. Edrees, i finally took 2 stocks off your peach! Mike Y, i have absolutely no clue on how to fight a marth. I didn't even say good game.. i was so taken aback as to how badly i lost. Good games man.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Good S*** today everyone, it's good to see you all made it. I'm glad the setting worked out well today :).

UCI crew = too good
Deep so cal = ***** very deep
UCSD crew = got lucky? :laugh: , thank GOD Caotic took out Mike Y!!!!
Little kids crew = very impressive again :)
UCSD people = you guys are great
Azn Lep, Squish, Paul, = you guys missed out.
2 guys from Encinitas = good seeing you guys again
Redpirate and slowgenius = i didn't get to play you guys, boo.
I wish I got to know the rest of you guys better but that's it for now :)

*and special shout out to YES!, Andy, Colin and Doger :-D, very glad you guys all made it :)

Edrees *****, Zarelid *****, Azeem *****, Mike y *****, Eddie *****, KO *****, Byron *****, Jon *****, everyone *****... **** I just can't take it.

Hope you all had a good one, payce.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
I had lots of fun. I'm glad I got the chance to play in a crew battle and against a lot of the other players down in SD.

Shoutouts:
@ the SD crew for hosting this event. It was lots of fun and I'm glad I got the chance to play against you guys.

@ Zack: I was your first opponent (black Marth player). I must admit you really had me going in our first match. You've got lots of potential so keep at it.

@ Jon T: Congratulations on ranking so high in the end. You came out of nowhere and took a lot of us by storm.

@ Eddy: An impressive Link. I never thought I'd meet another Smash player without a GCN or Smash. Now I know I'm not the only one. lol

@ Pha: We got plenty of friendly matches in. Since SD doesn't have many Marth players, I hope the matches against mine were worth your while.

@ Trevyn: Congrats on winning the singles tourney. Thanks for being my teammate. We were so close to winning teams.

@ Mike Y: Thanks for the ride. You and Jon got your revenge on me and Trevyn in teams. If only I had chosen Ganondorf. If only....lol

@ Roger: You had me going there for a moment in crews. You know what I mean. :laugh:

@ Aniket: Thanks for lending me your controller. :p

To other players, sorry if I don't remember your names:
@ The guy who played against me in a Marth ditto in singles: It was a nice match all-around. Pretty close in some cases. Nice work.

@ The Samus-Marth player. You have a solid Samus but unfortunately that match took place on Yoshi's Story so it was more in my favor. Your Marth isn't too shabby either. Your Sheik defeated me in the friendly match we had afterwards but it was close. Good game.

*Just a reminder, I was the black Marth player with the tag "HF."

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
For the 38 people who turned up today, aweesssommmee!! Thanks for making the effort to attend this event - it makes it too good LOL
Usually I don't enjoy tournies so much when I run them but this one had so many cool ppl

Trevyn - Who am I kidding?! You ARE the amdassador of San Diego! You're top tier hahaha - I gotta play u more sometime - you ****
Edrees - :)
Azeem - Sorry you had to jet so early, you missed out on all the cool matches afterwards. I hope to catch u around soon - you're awesome to have around
Mike Y - OMG WOW!! You kick a$$$$$$$ woooooooooooot
Byron - You really suprised me with your talent. O_o Wow I wish I played you... did I? Good shizz!!

I think that Deep Socal is just kicking rad in every conveivable way

RodgerDodgerrrrrrrrr - YOU should have been in UCI's lineup. Wat a tragedy.... No wonder they lost LOL ;) It was awesome seeing u. Cheers buddy

Jon T aka Daryl - You beat me :):):) That's awesome. Actually, you beat alot of ppl... O.o

Eddy!! My team buddy! And singles superior!

Bruce - I like your Zelda.

Rav - Awww... I sympathize... being Ness is an eternal struggle :(

Pha - Thanks for sharing the pain of running stuff :)

I miss Krogodile, Squish, Pat and Rickety :(

Sorry if UCI vs. UCSD ate up too much time - It was a special occasion though ^_^

Laters Socal!

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hehe wow. That was a kick-@$$ tournament. I had tons of fun. Those crew battles were intense. 13th in singles, and 7th in teams. Not too shabby for a Kirby player :-) Deep Socal is indeed too good.

Pha-Great seeing you man. I had fun. Gotta watchout for them Kirby spikes though.... :-P

Edrees- Dude, the you and trevyn man. Those matches were just a treat to watch.

Trevyn- Your Donkey Kong is freaking insane. Not to mention your Falco and Link. Congrats on winning. You earned it.

Azeem- Heh, I got you once with Falcon! That was one of the highlights of my day. :-) I can't BELIEVE I forgot to ban dreamland. What the hell was I thinking? Ah well, not like it would have mattered.

Byron- It's amazing how good you are despite the fact you don't have a cube. Way to go in crews.

Mike Y- Dude way to rep UCI. You kick *** man.

UCI Crew- I don't think I caught all your names, sorry. I seriously need to smash with you guys. Good job today though. Don't worry, we'll get UCSD next time.

Caotic- Thanks for organizing and running the whole thing man. You totally rock!

To everyone else- Thanks for making this such a memorable tournament. UCSD rocks! Although, I wish I could have seen a bit more of the campus.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
lolz. This is by far the best tournament I have ever gone to. Everyone from UCSD's crew were really friendly, and thank you all for having UCI over. :)

haha i told trevyn that if he spiked me during marth dittos, I wouldnt drive him back home :) (Obviously he didn't). Good stuff winning the tourney, and for molesting me with ur falco lololol

Stupid Jon T./Daryl and his gay peach. If you didn't play smash with me for the past three years and trained me early on, then i wouldve kicked ur *** easily. haha good job placing 4th. No Charles! No!

Dave (Caotic), thanks for setting the whole crew battle up. I got my revenge on you from crews in singles!!! lol ur too good. ur accent is top tier :)

It was fun seeing Edrees' Peach losing to DK. lol jp. Driving to UCSD from UCI at 4 am? o.O haha. Edrees is the best team captain ever.

Freakin Azeem, calls me like 5 times before the tournament telling me how he's lost and he doesnt know how to read street names around UCSD. You f*cking owned in singles bro. I'm proud of you boy

I still wonder how Byron can do so well without having a gamecube. good stuff man.

lol Roger and the spike he had on Pha, too good :)

Good job Pha for being the anchor on UCSD's team and finishing the job. lolz

Eddy, omgosh, took 8 stocks with Link during random crews??? too gooooooood

Deep SoCal took 5 out of the top 7 places in singles and top 3 in teams. Good stuff ^^

I propose that we have a round two of UCI vs UCSD, this time in Irvine. This was too much fun and it was too close. If I took Dave out, UCI definitely would've won. ;) But no excuses. UCSD won. Good stuff guys, you're all awesome.

sorry if I left anyone out. I wasn't really planning on coming to another triweekly since i don't like driving so far, but the atmosphere was just so much friendlier than i expected, and I really want to play all you SD people again. You are all awesome. Until then, see ya. ^^

SRDV

Smash Rookie
Hey this is O RLY? I sorry I did so bad in the crew battles. I was really nervous because everyone was watching. Also stupid yoshi's story ***** me. I really hate that level and everytime I play someone in VS I ban that stage. Good job to the guy that ***** me though, He has a good marth :) I'll Do better next time :laugh:

Rickety

Peace and Love
Cao, I'm sorry I couldn't make it, it was my dads birthday... for sure I will make it to the next one! I wanna beat your Bowser with somebody other than Sheik! Thanks for remembering me, though :]

-rickety

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Much fun guys. I was Goose and I teamed with Jon in Topgun.

Man, I didn't get to play Zack, Pha, Azn_Lep. Whatever, I did good for my first tourney.

Azeem, I sent you a FR, I'll play you soon .

Anyone, who wants to play Smash Online and has a good connection,AIM or PM me this weekend.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hey do you guys still have the brackets, or did you delete them? Would you mind posting them somewhere if you still have them? Thanks.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry Dodger, I think I deleted the singles bracket.

Next Triweekly Saturday March 18 is On hold or cancelled. It's not a great date lol - before the Finals week onslaught o.o

**** I Also left a yellow folder in the lounge that night - does anyone know when or where they saw it last? ****

Zack353

Smash Ace
No Tri-Weeklie on the 18th???

Is that for sure?

If so, when is it going to be?!

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me? I was going to DL it then come back 40 minutes later, since I had it going at like 200 KBPS, but I come back 40 minutes later and I have it at 16 KBPS. Awesome.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Just watched it, and though it took a while, it was worth it :]

Pha! you really came through!

Edreese and Cao, awesome job with your Peaches

Oops, I cant wait to play you again!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Pha definetly deserves the title of 'most boring Falco ever' LOL

Watching it is less entertaining than floating sea monkeys

Zack, It's cancelled. Every week after finals week doesnt work until April 14:

- March 18 = Finals week
- March 25 = Champ Combo Yayuhhzzz edition
- April 1 = I'm not here
- April 8 = Champ Combo Norcal edition

If anyone wants another triweekly before April 14, give me options on a date that works.

Cheers.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Nice video guys, thanks for putting it up ^^. Although I didn't really like the ending to this story. I'm gonna ask that I rewrite some portions in Part 2 of this epic. haha

SRDV

Smash Rookie
[GMC]C2 said:
Goose. Anyways, If your O Rly? Then you played my friend in singles in the second round of the losers bracket.
Hmm...Was he samus? And I think we played ur team in Team Battles if your on Team Top Gun

Top Bottom