• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
McCain, your dins fire setups are better than mine for now.

But I won't settle for second best.

I'm coming for you in those Zelda dittos >:] one dayyyyy

p.s. dtilt -> utilt *****

By the way I'm fairly sure I'm the most technical player ever.

So I should win that.

And I hope a Falco player doesn't win best combo. That would be so boring :( no offense.
Falco is the stupidest character ever made and his B move should be banned in a competitive setting
Yeah, you should definitely win most technical player. I don't understand how you can push the C-stick down so easily. I tried it earlier today and I almost strained my thumb!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Yeah, you should definitely win most technical player. I don't understand how you can push the C-stick down so easily. I tried it earlier today and I almost strained my thumb!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i just had to post guys, this really made my day.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
How about most techs? I want to win something.

I will campaign for best combo too if there is substantial anti-falco sentiment.

KLuless1

Smash Cadet
And I hope a Falco player doesn't win best combo. That would be so boring :( no offense.
I just realized that it's harder to think of someone who doesn't play Falco at all than someone who does at least some of the time. Because in SD, everyone plays Falco. I guess that means nobody can win best combo?

I guess I should be thankful.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Everybody should vote for me for the "who da ***" award which is an award awarded to somebody that hardly anybody knows and yet comes in here like he knows everybody or they know him lul.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
How does one judge "best combo"? This would be easier if there were recordings of combos and we decided on the best out of those few. Otherwise, bias becomes a factor as certain people ;) don't want certain characters to win.

If the award is intended to be "Best Combo-er", I think it might be easier to decide as we have a general idea of who combos and the consistency of their combo-ing. This person may even be good at combo-ing with MULTIPLE characters so we wouldn't just be rewarding a Falco. We're rewarding the player.

Anyway, Yuta is right. A Falco should win.

Jun.

Smash Lord
- Most Improved
- Papa John
- Backstabber
- Best Combo
- Camper
- Funniest
- Nicest
- Best Dressed
- Worst Dressed
- Rager
- Suicide King
- Bag of Sand
- Punching bag
- Tech
- Choke Factor
- Calm Clam
- Smasher of the Year (hard work / dedication)

The pending list so far. Tried to combine a lot of them that have similiar qualities such as spammer/camper etc. BTW I picked up that tv. The biggest CRT TV one can find that is HD but at the same time lagless. Almost killed my family. Smash Till Dawn at my house tonight???

HomeRunTom

Smash Apprentice
If I had a Y splitter cable, I'd be trying to record stuff EVERY smashfest. I'm not kidding.
That way we can watch the videos and see who did some supar supar awsum combo.

See ya at 1.

Other awards...

You Must Recover! - worst edgeguarding
Die Young - worst DI
Most Technical Ganon Award - Most technical...ehh

oh and, IC fans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi6vstq7TOs

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Patrick

Sheehan
I agree 110% with this.

I didn't want to say anything because of Jun's suggestion that we keep these anonymous, but Pat has been sandbagging expertly and consistently since I first met him in 2008. I'm sure he has been doing it for much longer. This award should be honorary in my opinion and named after Pat for all subsequent years.

The Patrick Sheehan Bag of Sand Award

Also, Pat should get some Smash Achievement Award for being consistently involved in and supportive of San Diego/UCSD Smash. He's pretty much the face of SD smash for all other regions and I don't think anyone else here as done as much as he has for SD Melee.

/fanboy mode

haha.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I agree 110% with this.

I didn't want to say anything because of Jun's suggestion that we keep these anonymous, but Pat has been sandbagging expertly and consistently since I first met him in 2008. I'm sure he has been doing it for much longer. This award should be honorary in my opinion and named after Pat for all subsequent years.

The Patrick Sheehan Bag of Sand Award

Also, Pat should get some Smash Achievement Award for being consistently involved in and supportive of San Diego/UCSD Smash. He's pretty much the face of SD smash for all other regions and I don't think anyone else here as done as much as he has for SD Melee.

/fanboy mode

haha.
I can attest to Pat being a giant bag of sand at times.

And it's been over a year since I've even seen the guy. :)

Jun.

Smash Lord
Oh i meant to have the final votes anonymous. Feel free to discuss. Ultimately that's the point of these awards to discuss the humorous characterstics and habits that we all have.

I forsee two main ways to go about this.

1. Have a panel 3-4 people to decide 3-4 in each category. The panelists should know our community very well. I personally think that if a few unbiased people got together, a very solid nominee list can be generated just by 3-4 guys talking about the nominees in each category

2. Have a vote for even the nominees. This method is for sure going to be accurate however it requires people to vote twice which kinda kills the excitement of the final vote and is logistically more annoying to pull off

Extra option: Just vote once and highest voted person gets the award. The downfall to this is that votes might be all over the place and the winner might not be clearly defined. Without nominees for example the pool of results could be something like 1,2,1,2,1,3 and the 3 will win however its like "barely" a winner since the single votes took away.

If you guys don't mind I would actually like option 1 personally and would like to be a panelist. My qualifications is that I'm very keen at picking up personality traits and am overall a very observant person. I've been very active in the SD community for most if not all of this year, only a bit mia these days due to DJ'ing and school but you guys still all see me once a week still. I also believe that I'm very unbiased and don't hold any unnecessary grudges against anyone. Feel free to object, otherwise I'll start gathering other panelists. Keep in mind this is just a panel to select NOMINEES and this panel will not actually decide the winners.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Lawl, why cant everyone just vote twice for every category and then we'll take a 2nd vote on the top 2?
Getting people to vote isn't as easy as just asking them. Just cause we decide on something doesn't mean everyone will start sending me PMs with their votes. Especially when something is done online which it is in this case.

for example: All I needed was like 8 people to take 2 tests for us to become a club. Process took basically a quarter even with me hounding everyone.

The golden rule I stick myself to when organizing any event is to minimize the mobilization of the masses as much as possible. When you ask the entire group where they want to eat = chaos. You ask all the players in a tournament what ruleset they want = chaos. TO's and event organizers should know what I'm talking about.

Koga+

Boot
How many at the lodge today? its quite a trip for me if i come, don't want a bust :(

Jun.

Smash Lord
dude come play at my house later! gotta break in my tv! you guys can all stay in my room, there is plenty of room lol. Bring your computers too lets LAN.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I think you kids seriously give me too much credit. I'm really not that good at this game, I just manage to beat people a lot better than me on a fairly regular basis. How it happens is still beyond me.

Top Bottom