• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I did some of the coolest things I've ever done in smash today. Especially on Jesse. No regrets. Yeeeeee

jk. But honestly it was pretty cool. RIGHT, JESSE?

:phone:

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I did some of the coolest things I've ever done in smash today. Especially on Jesse. No regrets. Yeeeeee

jk. But honestly it was pretty cool. RIGHT, JESSE?

Yeah, they were alright. It would have been different if I were actually TRYING.

It was a good day overall. You learned a few things about using Peach after seeing me. If only you had brought a notebook so you could have written things down.

Oh well, next time!

Jun.

Smash Lord
^ Lol. I agree. Jesse is too good. I wish I could be like him. :[ Especially his puff.
Rankings should be in my sig after this post. in case its not
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12428532&postcount=16394
RESTART THE HATEEEEEE

In unrelated news, in case you guys haven't heard we are officially a club now. Our name is Smash@UCSD and we're even registered in the official roster of student orgs. No real changes except for rights to table / ask for funds.

Because we are a student org I got some random e-mail from BlueFin Fusion at UTC and ended up receiving a $50 voucher so let's have a dinner there all together. Also since its nearing end of the year, and because it the first year Smash has been so active here on campus, let's have ..... Awards! Thought it would be fun to vote for winners in categories such as:
- Most Improved
- John
- Backstabber
- Best Combo
- Camper
- Funniest
- Rager
- Suicide King
- and whatever else you guys can think of.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Yeah you guys can bring whoever.

Oh and don't post the nominations/votes until we finalize the categories then people can pm them to me so they can be anonymous votes.

DJMirror

Smash Master
You should also put down funny stuff like

Most likely to rage, Nicest ***, sexiest person (You can't count azn lep because he's the sexiest person in SD) etc

HomeRunTom

Smash Apprentice
Most Likely to Get Owned
Worst Hair
Most Active
Papa John
Flashiest/Most Technical
Most Consistent
Weirdest
Most Combo'd
Worst Teammate
Who needs a C-Stick

Crap i think i fall under at least 3 of those categories.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
jesse ur the key to making SD better since Sunny's a noob. play with us more :]]
^ Lol. I agree. Jesse is too good. I wish I could be like him. :[ Especially his puff.
Awwww. You guys are too nice.
Too coot.

Rankings should be in my sig after this post. in case its not
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12428532&postcount=16394
RESTART THE HATEEEEEE

In unrelated news, in case you guys haven't heard we are officially a club now. Our name is Smash@UCSD and we're even registered in the official roster of student orgs. No real changes except for rights to table / ask for funds.

Because we are a student org I got some random e-mail from BlueFin Fusion at UTC and ended up receiving a $50 voucher so let's have a dinner there all together. Also since its nearing end of the year, and because it the first year Smash has been so active here on campus, let's have ..... Awards! Thought it would be fun to vote for winners in categories such as:
- Most Improved
- John
- Backstabber
- Best Combo
- Camper
- Funniest
- Rager
- Suicide King
- and whatever else you guys can think of.
Grandpa/Infant Award (Go to the oldest/youngest player)
Cutest Mascot (Toss-up between Poncho, Ein, and my Bicycle)
Mr. Gimp (self-explanatory)
SilentSpectre Award for Silence (Quietest smasher)
Mr. Bags (Most blatant sandbagger)

Jun.

Smash Lord
- Most Improved
- John
- Backstabber
- Best Combo
- Camper
- Funniest
- Nicest
- Rager
- Suicide King
- Bag of Sand (Sandbagger)
- Punching bag (just gets beat up)
- Tech
- Smasher of the Year (hard work / dedication)

Still open to more but these are the most reasonable and fun.

ONCE AGAIN DO NOT POST YOUR VOTES. Gotta keep these as anonymous as possible so people don't get mad etc.

NO.FEAR

Smash Rookie
i had a dream that we had a ucsd smash beach day. A few us were ankle deep in water at the edge of the shoreline. We were staring ahead of us at a large wave rolling in. As it came nearer, we saw a small figure riding the wave on a yellow surfboard. We were all impressed. A few seconds later, still watching intently, we were able to see the surfer's face.

It was anthony.

He did this crazy 180 spinning thing on the water as he approached us. It was pretty bad-***.
^ this is the **** right here

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
My Fox demands a rematch, Eric. The big TV is too big and too slow.
I just finished a 6 hour practice session in my room on a good TV and that level 8 Peach didn't know what hit it.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
My Fox demands a rematch, Eric. The big TV is too big and too slow.
I just finished a 6 hour practice session in my room on a good TV and that level 8 Peach didn't know what hit it.
You're on :) I also wanna play your falcon more haha. I think I've semi-fixed one of my problem match ups, and now I need to work on the other one :(

Also, Pat, after playing (aka getting wrecked by) fly at GREV, I kinda think the Zelda ICs match up is slightly in Zelda's favor haha. I feel like anyone with strong and fast kill moves can abuse Nana's stupidity really well and separate them/kill Nana easily. The problem was kicking Popo afterward. Fly being ridiculously good probably had something to do with it, but I don't think I hit him with a single toe on his SoPo rofl. In the end, I ended up just going Sheik against the single Ice Climber and it was much easier. I remember watching Captain Jack vs Ikki back in like '06 or something and he basically just used Zelda to kill Nana and down B'd to kill Popo and then changed back to Zelda after killing Popo. I actually think it's a decent strategy against ICs.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
You're on :) I also wanna play your falcon more haha. I think I've semi-fixed one of my problem match ups, and now I need to work on the other one :(

Also, Pat, after playing (aka getting wrecked by) fly at GREV, I kinda think the Zelda ICs match up is slightly in Zelda's favor haha. I feel like anyone with strong and fast kill moves can abuse Nana's stupidity really well and separate them/kill Nana easily. The problem was kicking Popo afterward. Fly being ridiculously good probably had something to do with it, but I don't think I hit him with a single toe on his SoPo rofl. In the end, I ended up just going Sheik against the single Ice Climber and it was much easier. I remember watching Captain Jack vs Ikki back in like '06 or something and he basically just used Zelda to kill Nana and down B'd to kill Popo and then changed back to Zelda after killing Popo. I actually think it's a decent strategy against ICs.
How are you going to transform safely? Popo's gonna grab you and never let go (see Azn_Lep vs PBS on Mute City)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
kinda early but i'll be at this lodge thing on friday the 13th[ohsnap]

hoping to play all you guys! it'd be sweet if there was a tourny.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
kinda early but i'll be at this lodge thing on friday the 13th[ohsnap]

hoping to play all you guys! it'd be sweet if there was a tourny.
That's probably literally the worst Friday out of the entire year you could have picked haha :( Sun God is on Friday and it's a huge deal kinda thing around here. I think literally no one will be at the smashfest... =/ There's probably a tourney the day after though...

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Haha oh wow, well, i'll be leaving to go home on saturday :/

i dunno i guess i'll just watch to see if anyone is gonna be doing anything from the 10-13th.

Jun.

Smash Lord
- Most Improved
- Papa John
- Backstabber
- Best Combo
- Camper
- Funniest
- Nicest
- Best Dressed
- Worst Dressed
- Rager
- Suicide King
- Bag of Sand (Sandbagger)
- Punching bag (just gets beat up)
- Tech
- Smasher of the Year (hard work / dedication)

MacD

Banned via Administration
if you wanna be funny, you also give out special awards that those in charge made up

my speech club in high school would always do that, we'd have the set ones like above (some funny, most serious) then the people making the awards would do a bunch of funny ones that were personalized for funny things that happened over the year

like i got one that was "most likely to never beat *name removed* in anything" cause me and her would enter the same events and i would always challenge her and lose

the next year i got one that made fun of how i would wear a green shirt with an orange tie, haha, man good times

so if you wanna do funny ones but don't want people to vote cause some are mean/sad, make up funny things yourself. like "will have the 2nd best zelda in so cal for all eternity" or something ;)

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
McCain, your dins fire setups are better than mine for now.

But I won't settle for second best.

I'm coming for you in those Zelda dittos >:] one dayyyyy

p.s. dtilt -> utilt *****

By the way I'm fairly sure I'm the most technical player ever.

So I should win that.

And I hope a Falco player doesn't win best combo. That would be so boring :( no offense.
Falco is the stupidest character ever made and his B move should be banned in a competitive setting

Top Bottom