• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
haha andrew "listen to people song at me."

also i probably won't be able to make it/make it for very long tomorrow =/. my mondays are busy as **** this quarterrr

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
if i can find my wavebird controller, i'll come haha.

wavebird controller is a bit fatter than the wired controller right?

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
a lot of people dont like wavebirds because they claim it lags...

i dont have too much experience with wavebirds, but yes they are the big clunky ones with wireless adapters

georgeeee nooooooo. screw a capella D: hahaha oh wait youre not doing the beat this year right =/ dammit

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't stay long either :ohwell:. I'll come to pass time between my class at 1 and 3 but I've been putting off all my work so far -_-

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
lulwut?

Also nice post count.
yeah, my wired controller recently just kind of gave up on me. the only controller i have left is my wavebird controller but i don't know where it is. if i can't find it, i might end up not going because my wired controller moves by itself like crazy and that's no good :(

a lot of people dont like wavebirds because they claim it lags...

i dont have too much experience with wavebirds, but yes they are the big clunky ones with wireless adapters
yeah it takes some getting used to; didn't know about the lag, though D:

wavebirds have nice feelings triggers imo.
yeah, I remember the triggers feeling a little bit better than the triggers from the wired controller.

also, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the wavebird's analog stick cap (the little plastic piece) with the analog stick cap of a wired controller? the stick on the wavebird i have (if i remember correctly) is mising the rubbery part and it's just this somewhat sharp plastic thing lol.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
also, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the wavebird's analog stick cap (the little plastic piece) with the analog stick cap of a wired controller? the stick on the wavebird i have (if i remember correctly) is mising the rubbery part and it's just this somewhat sharp plastic thing lol.
Yes it's possible. You just need a triwing screwdriver. I think Jun has some.

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
@glowworm : i have a triwing, and i will be at smashfest today. i can do it for you real quick. i might be able to fix your wired controller if you let me see it.

ps. i will be bringing a recording setup!

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
@glowworm : i have a triwing, and i will be at smashfest today. i can do it for you real quick. i might be able to fix your wired controller if you let me see it.

ps. i will be bringing a recording setup!
I'll be waiting for the **** quality :)

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
i can't find my wavebird and i also lost the screws for my wired controller (i have a triwing screw driver as well).

will anybody lend me a spare controller or something? :(

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Don't like staying out too late, but the late nights have been the best nights so far.
I hate this god**** game but I love you people. You guys are amazing. Coolest people to just chill with. George, Richard, and Jun are ****in hilarious. Ky, Dawson, Andrew(s), you guy missed out. So much. Lol. Ky, I'm dropping by tomorrow around lunch time and drop off Tristan's wii and hang around and not smash. Except maybe we can play a little brawl. I'm down for that.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Quote of the week

Radical Andrew: "I think I'm pretty good looking"

HAHA

true quote of the week thought is something I was talking about last night.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to let you guys know i'm pretty ****in excited for how well SD is gonna do at arcadian. these smashfests have been sick and i can't wait to root you ****ers on when you're playing your tourney matches. lets show them what SD's been up to these past few months.

give em' hell home run tom. give em' hell.

Zinayzen

Smash Apprentice
So how many of you actually go to UCSD? I'm wondering how easy it would be to find someone to train with. Preferably a Yoshi, but I'm not holding my breath.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
basically all of us go to UCSD in this thread and the folks that don't are still at our weekly smashfests enough to consider them UCSD haha. The UCSD community is probably 20+ people or so, and I'm sure any of the players would be down to play during their free time. As far as Yoshis go, those mains are pretty hard to come by. Littlefumi is probably the only player that plays a legit Yoshi in SD.

Anto: I might host one more on Friday

Jun.

Smash Lord
Due to my MM being canceled/postponed (due to sherigami not having a ride), the main event will be Homerun Tom VS Lovage Best of 5 Homerun contest $200 MM

$50 on Tom

I'm half kidding but yeah Tom you're legit at batdropping. After seeing Tom drop that **** like its hot I was in disbelief about how much information he knew about homerun contest. Keep working on that falcon/ganon too! You're not bad at all and your tech skill is solid for someone who has never played VS competitively. Oh and make a new account named HomerunTom. You're gonna be huge lol.

As for Arcadian 2, PNOY and I will personally flip tables while any of you guys are playing. So if you would rather have silence to concentrate or whatnot please tell us now so we don't freak you out during bracket. With the bottom half of the new SoCal PR being somewhat questionable and with SD players being nowhere on the list, Arcadian 2 seems like a perfect time to show everyone what we've been doing in isolation in the true South.

We should have a rather serious smashfest Friday. By serious I mean peoeple really sitting down against other players to fix weak matchups and finalizing team strats.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Hey jun we are still teaming right? Just wanna make sure before I bring extra cash to add in doubles pot and u are also going to bring the ipod right? Ill bring the money to u (it was a 100 bucks I believe)

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Change of plans, I'm coming to Arcadian. I need a new teammate. Is Joe available?

Also, when are the latest crew videos going up?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
so whats the parking situation gonna be like at ucsd this weekend?last weekend it was free for when i auditioned for 220 but i heard they would change signs this weekend or soon...so yeah whats up with this weekend?

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
ok concerning the last recorded crew battle, i havent been exactly free to edit it. so if anyone with the free time would like to do that i will pass it to them.

fyi about the vid, sound quality was bad due to my ****ty built in mic. ill try to find a usb mic for the next one

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
DJMirror and Andrew:
I think Jun and Joe are teaming. LOL

Friday smashfest!! =D
Let's play Kevin
Finally!

ok concerning the last recorded crew battle, i havent been exactly free to edit it. so if anyone with the free time would like to do that i will pass it to them.

fyi about the vid, sound quality was bad due to my ****ty built in mic. ill try to find a usb mic for the next one
I'll take on the task of editing the stuff. How big and what file format is the raw video? I'll bring my external hd to the friday smashfest if you're going.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
ok concerning the last recorded crew battle, i havent been exactly free to edit it
Ky, I bet you just don't wanna see yourself get ***** by HRT. loooooooool

Also, echoing what Jun and George said, I am soooo ****ing stoked for this Saturday. I had my own doubts about how SD's gonna do before, but we've been playing so much and so well lately, and I'm seeing improvement in everyone. MacD is going Zelda on Saturday I believe, and my personal goal for the smashfest tomorrow is to give all of you enough practice to at least put up a decent fight :) I'm gonna be cheering for all of you in matches along with all of SD. Let's do this.

We're all gonna scrub some **** out of some *****.

Top Bottom