• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
oh dang i chose a bad time to take a few days off from the boards. ok ok, i'm priy sure that SD is gonna tap. No offense to irvine or anything, but you guys... how can i say this... aren't... good at smash...

OH SNAP!

For serious though, we have weekly smashfests at the lodge, and any and all of irvine is more than welcome to come learn a thing or two.

I think i got our 5 in mind if they all show up.

DJMirror

Smash Master
oh dang i chose a bad time to take a few days off from the boards.
It's cool pretty sure you had to study for finals

ok ok, i'm priy sure that SD is gonna tap.
Same here I'm sure SD got this

No offense to irvine or anything, but you guys... how can i say this... aren't... good at smash...
Yeah pretty sure as well

INDEED!

For serious though, we have weekly smashfests at the lodge, and any and all of irvine is more than welcome to come learn a thing or two.
I see what you did there

I think i got our 5 in mind if they all show up.
Really? is that an excuse to bail out?

Jun.

Smash Lord
that whole post was like a reverse john in which Jason crippling the validity of the crew battle.

By admitting that irvine sucks (which he probably doesn't truly mean)

scenario of a win: "wow you guys lost to us and we suck"
scenario of a loss: "yeah see told you, we suck" - even after a loss at least his point was correct

I've seen this kind of behavior in almost every aspect of life. Comes from people who are afraid to lose.

Pat is also just saying that he has 5 in mind because the people that come to our smashfests are seemingly random every time. Like we've had this for almost a month now I believe and PBS/Judd made their first appearance at the last one.

We have weapons.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
oh man i didn't even know that was supposed to be trash talk from jkun, at first it seemed like he was being sincere, then being modest, then just really weird haha.

but i think we got at least 8 (never ranked) people who are good enough to put up a fight in a crew battle, so we'll be fine

Jun.

Smash Lord
hmm

PBS vs Lan would be way funnier since that drama like a year ago. That was comedy. Too bad they removed all their posts.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Okay...so if this SD/Irvine crew battle happens on Monday, can it PLEASE be BEFORE 7 p.m.? hahaha. Whether I play in this or not, I would still like to watch. So fun.

-Jesse

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
we normally start around 2 and get going full speed by 3

for future reference though, all that kind of info is typically on the first post... for every thread.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
PS someone should snap a few pictures so i can update that first page. no offense to eddy, pha, oops, cao, edrees and gang. but you silly kids graduated like 4 years ago. get outta my first post.

we'll put the newer, better, Ky(er) ucsd community and friends up there

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
PS someone should snap a few pictures so i can update that first page. no offense to eddy, pha, oops, cao, edrees and gang. but you silly kids graduated like 4 years ago. get outta my first post.

we'll put the newer, better, Ky(er) ucsd community and friends up there
lol does today's scene even know who most of those dudes are?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Prolly won't happen on a weekday cause of school but the next tourney (like the next whatever-jun-started thingy) i'll get everyone to come down

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
M@M I RESULTS

1: SK
2: Sunny
3: Leeland
4: PBS
5: Antonio
5: Ding Dang Dong
7: Homorapien
7: Oats
9: StopNStart
9: Kelvin
9: Freddie
9: Jun
13: Lets go Justin
13: Ky#1
13: Engdrew
13: Taco
17: DRNK
17: Miggel
17: Avlan
17: K

some quick shoutouts i guess
ky super hype ****** miggel's peach LOL
leeland going marth LOL
joezhang smelling like **** LOL
jun likes boiz + lanstar
some mad salty matches today

crew battle going on now

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
M@M I RESULTS

1: SK
2: Sunny
3: Leeland
4: PBS
5: Antonio
5: Ding Dang Dong
7: Homorapien
7: Oats
9: StopNStart
9: Kelvin
9: Freddie
9: Jun
13: Lets go Justin
13: Ky#1
13: Engdrew
13: Taco
17: DRNK
17: Miggel
17: Avlan
17: K

some quick shoutouts i guess
ky super hype ****** miggel's peach LOL
leeland going marth LOL
joezhang smelling like **** LOL
jun likes boiz + lanstar
some mad salty matches today

crew battle going on now
What...? Is this Miguel as in Nawnscents?

Jun.

Smash Lord
M@M I WAS A HUGE SUCCESS AND IT WAS AMAZINGLY FUN!

SK - LoL good ****!

Sunny - Good job on placing so high man. Your fox has become pretty **** good in the past year! LOL @ your falcon vs my fox tho. I play too many **** falcons

Leeland - marth? really lol? pretty sick tho. Always good to see you and play with you and get ready to **** irvine real soon.

PBS - why would you forfeit your round 3? Are you THAT sure that you're gonna lose or be embarrassed or something? Saying "I don't care" doesn't make sense because otherwise why are you playing in the first place? Just play your best and be a good sport and you can ask your opponent about the matchup or something after. Just my 2cents

Antonio - how did you place so high. the hell?

Ding Dang Dong - never playing your peach on final again. If i have to, it'll be REAL dirty. Also never playing your shiek with marth again. God **** it lol. Oh your stitch combo in crews I admit was pretty FAWKIN sick tho.

Homorapien - LOL @ your match with Justin. By far the most hype match of the day. It was some intense S***!

Oats - Don't lie i bet you went and played smash after the party yesterday. I didn't remember your samus being so legit! **** some solid play.

StopNStart - we should have played each other in bracket lol!

Kelvin - Hope you had fun man. We should play more often.

Freddie - Sucks that I didn't get to play you today. I'll try to go over leeland's sometime so I can get at your luigi that surprised a lot of people today. I'm pretty scared of Luigis...

Jun - don't go fox vs eric on final. Don't go marth vs eric's sheik. =[

Lets go Justin - Wow man. I'm glad you got to come play with us today. I've been telling the UCSD guys about you and they finally saw! your match with Homorapien was so freakin close! Stay in school lol!

Ky#1 - you ****. I just don't understand sometimes.

Engdrew - man I didn't see a single match of yours today. Thanks for helping me run this and picking up tv's and crap. Always good to have you around!

Taco - You're one of the primary reasons I never underestimate doc's anymore. pretty scary stuff man especially against fast fallers. I'll see you around more often hopefully.

Miguel- W T F happened. Omg lol

Pat - you should have played man! sucks that you had to leave early

LVL 9 Peach - too good.

I hope everyone had fun at this mini tourney! I'm planning to have this once per quarter at one of the NERD LAN's so hopefully it'll slowly grow our community in SD and help us all get better. Big thanks to the people who brought setups and give NERD a thanks sometime since they provide a lot of stuff for us.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney, need to do it more haha.

Some shoutouts:

Kelvin: Good stuff! Pulling some upsets and showing tech skill. Why can't you play like this in our smashfests with Eric? D:

Eric/Ding Dang Dong (rofl): We play waaaay too much, you know exactly what I'm going to do. You make me want to learn sheik :p

SK: Nice playing with you in friendlies. Good stuff on winning the tourney.

Sunny: Wished I could have played more friendlies with you. Your fox is too good.

StopNStart: I was so nervous during our matches. Good stuff, all you need is Fairs to beat Doc.

Engdrew: Awesome tourney, Winter Gamefest 2011 will be amazing with you in charge. You are the fox slayer for sure.

Jun: You know doc too well/your foward smashes are rigged haha. Good stuff for keeping melee alive at UCSD.

PBS: We didn't get to play, but you did so well in crews. Hope you get over your fever soon.

Homorapien: Hypest. Match. Ever.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

I had fun today. Cool seeing old faces and meeting new people.

I'm at UCSD everyday so if you ever want to play friendlies, I'm down (on campus people). I would like for Melee/Brawl to continue on at UCSD since the campus has such a great history that few people tap into. I'll help any way I can to keep it all alive.

(Tips to the newbies: Brawl improves your Melee game, no joke.)

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Alright here I go LOL

SK: Simon you too good sometimes. :p
Sunny: Always fun to see you laugh at my ****talk/hype during your match ahahaha, good **** though no lie
Leeland: MARTH FTW. see you around bro
PBS: gj in crews. MELEE > SSF4
Antonio: sarcasm wins. you noob
Ding Dang Dong: you are hereby known as dingdangdong. no going back
Homorapien: i three stocked your falcon DONT HIDE IT
Oats: most legit guy there today, ****ing loved playing with you hahaha gj taking that ONE MORE stock in crews
StopNStart: WHERE YOU AT DAVID, I DIDNT PLAY YOU
Kelvin: <33 fox raper
Freddie: fun matches, got your phone number (no homo)
Jun: fthrow fsmash........one trick pony LOL jk gj running **** with me today + crews
Lets go Justin: you legit, keep ****** your bro
Ky#1: gay. im mad at you >:O
Taco: doc too good, cant escape the jabs, however, i will eat your fox alive :D
Miggel: good **** after the tourney today, fun teams :]
K: fun meeting you in bracket again, play more with joe + me so you can **** me next time

overall, really fun tourney kids, see you monday
(EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A MIDTERM TUES)

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lol well that was fun.

Simon, **** as always. I'm sad you had to play my Zelda's first few games. =/ next time, Simon, next time. Also, you're a such a liar lol. rusty my *** -____-

Sunny, best 2 games we've ever played. I wish my umbrella got the battlefield ledge the first game, though. It might have been more epic. Good stuff getting second. I knew you could. Always playing you second round is really lame =/ No jungle japes to **** you on this time though.

Leeland, bleh I wish I gave you better games in tourney haha. My Sheik felt really lame today. Your ICs scary as hell, thought I was gonna lose our crews match after you took my Peach's first stock on DL64. good games

Ilija, don't think I got any in any games with you today :( stop getting sick lol

Marco, holy **** your Samus is legit. That Brawl spacing is pretty **** scary. The jab shield pressure is soooo good. Good games. One of the most exciting sets I've played today.

David, dammit you left too early, missed crew **** :(

HI KELVIN, lol daaaamn you played so well. Every time I looked up from my matches you were ****** :) good stuff.

Jun, our set was decent I guess. Don't ever go FD on me. I will gay you back harder than you can imagine. Stick to Stadium and DL64, whichever one I don't ban. As for your Marth, yea, never against my Sheik. Lol. I dunno. We'll rematch next time. I feel lke my Sheik is decent against spacies and my Peach isn't that bad against Marth. We'll see ;) Thanks for organizing this btw. good ****

Ky, WTF is this ****, taking out Miguel? niiiiiiiiiice. Holy crap your Falcon is seriously getting scary. Watching you play Miguel gave me Simon flashbacks. scarred for life.

ANDREW FOXSLAYER LOL, I will beat you one of these days with Fox without resorting to Jun's gay campy ****. :) Thanks for helping organize this whole thing. good stuff.

Kevin, haha, good stuff. Your Falcon scared me lol. Most Falcons do :( you should just pick up Falcon seriously just for me lol. It might not seem like it, but playing your Doc every time is actually kinda hard for me haha. good games. so hard to edgeguard x_x

Miguel, ****, didn't really get to play you all that much again :( stick with Peach next time! you got this haha

**** this was fun. Crews was amazing. Sunny and I taking 7 stock each LOL get ***** Jun/Simon :) it was the first stitch I pulled that I didn't randomly throw away rofl. good games guys.

-eric

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Lol well that was fun.

Kevin, haha, good stuff. Your Falcon scared me lol. Most Falcons do :( you should just pick up Falcon seriously just for me lol. It might not seem like it, but playing your Doc every time is actually kinda hard for me haha. good games. so hard to edgeguard x_x

-eric
Maybe, I was consistently getting gentlemens on Kelvin in friendlies before you left, had a suicide knee kill too lol. Then he went puff and I got scar'd XD. No pills to protect me.

TeamKO

Smash Rookie
ok guess ill make my first shoutout here :D.

Jun - had to play you first... not a very nice way to warm up, especially cuz i lost. SOOOOO many fsmash sweetspot. much hate!

Sunny - Nice meeting you and handing me a 4 stock with your fox. much different from the less amazing foxs that i am used to playing. Too good. wish i could watch the finals.

Let's go justin - you lived up to all hype your brother leeland created. ***** me in friendlies. between you and jun, i know you were the better man :p jun cheated. you seriously scare me more than any other player... don't let the older players scare you!

Ding Dong Dang - Didn't see much of you except the first match you had. Those zelda fairs and bairs scare me more and more.

Engdrew - what can i say, i hate sheiks with a passion.

Pat - where were you!?!? i saw you when i came in then no where. just wasn't the same without you! next time :D

Kelvin - only one thing i can say... me vs falco = insta **** on me.... still good matches :D

Miguel - DUDE SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY!!!! I WAS NOT MYSELF FOR THAT MATCH! I dun know if it was the hype everyone was making or what, but that was crazy! From what everyone is saying, i should have gotten *****. let's play again! nice meeting ya!!!

Leeland - Good seeing you since you never show at smashfest at lodge. prolly school johns. heard you wreaked tourny with marth. i don't think we've played yet, so we should do so!

homorapien - your falcon is one i must learn from!!!! need to get them combos down. wanted to play more but couldn't.. next time.

antonio - with the commentary! so much **** talking when you see a fox playing lol!

SOO wished to have stayed longer, if only i wasn't running on a schedule!
missed so much **** like crews :( fill me in

-Ky

Jun.

Smash Lord
why you guys all hating on my marth!?

and my fox too!

Dude can me and Antonio be SD commentators when we get recording setups? Would be sick!

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
SK - couldn't read you at all, hope to play you again sometime

Sunny - i always see you in tourney.. haha gg though i got owned.

Leeland - haha marth? should've played ganon =P good stuff though

PBS - keep hearing about you from jun, i gotta play you sometime

Antonio - you're gay. HAHA

Ding Dang Dong - your zelda.. is hella weird haha but yeah come to sixth dorms more

Homorapien - screw you joe LOLL i shouldn't have given up, next time i'll get you.

Oats - legit player, i was pretty nervous playing you, think i got too lucky hahaha

Kelvin - you got a lot better since kim's haha, if i see you in tourney it'll be good

Jun - good tourney dude had a lot of fun

Lets go Justin - LOLLL you scared the crap out of joe and jun hahaha wouldnt want to see you in tourney

Ky#1 - LOL...... im only ky#2 =(

Engdrew - shoot we didn't play, but you got a lot better, come play some more foo

Taco - i used to think i was good against doc, but not anymore haha i was definitely scared the entire time, gg.

Miguel- i gotta take notes from ky HAHA i feel for you dude

good stuff today, we need more of these

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
M@M I WAS A HUGE SUCCESS AND IT WAS AMAZINGLY FUN!

PBS - why would you forfeit your round 3? Are you THAT sure that you're gonna lose or be embarrassed or something? Saying "I don't care" doesn't make sense because otherwise why are you playing in the first place? Just play your best and be a good sport and you can ask your opponent about the matchup or something after. Just my 2cents
Ok dude, you have to realize this is a free tournament and I had a 103 fever playing in bracket + crews. You have no idea how fcking bad I felt and it just gradually got worse, but I still wanted to play because I still wanna play with the community. Leeland is better than me, so why would I be embarrassed? Ok in the beginning, I did care a little, but I got so sick at a point where it was like "Why am i here?" and even Simon can vouch. So there, my 3cents.

GGs to everyone at the half-dome: Kelvin, Freddie, Leeland, Antonio, and of course mother****ing Simon!

Jun.

Smash Lord
Ok dude, you have to realize this is a free tournament and I had a 103 fever playing in bracket + crews. You have no idea how fcking bad I felt and it just gradually got worse, but I still wanted to play because I still wanna play with the community. Leeland is better than me, so why would I be embarrassed? Ok in the beginning, I did care a little, but I got so sick at a point where it was like "Why am i here?" and even Simon can vouch. So there, my 3cents.
no johns. I could say the same things with other complications that are 10x worse but as long as everyone had fun and everyone got a tip or two out of it its successful IMO. Saying things like"this is just a free tournament" degrades the efforts of those who really tried their best despite not having money on the line.

Being sick at a tourney is no reason to snap at people.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
SOO wished to have stayed longer, if only i wasn't running on a schedule!
missed so much **** like crews :( fill me in

-Ky
28 28
Marco v Justin
27 24
Marco v fox player (I think it was Antonio, but I spent like 10 minutes looking for the bathroom so I missed this match)
24 22
Kevin v Antonio (?)
22 20
Kevin v Jun
20 20
Ilija v Jun
17 16
Ilija v Leeland
16 15
me v Leeland
14 12
me v jiggs player (avlan? I don't remember his name =/)
14 8
me v Simon
12 7
Sunny v Simon
10 4
Sunny v luigi player (freddie, I think)
Sunny won, I don't remember how many stock he had left. I think 1.

so.... 9 0

Our other 2 who didn't get to play were Andrew and Kelvin

crews were pretty fun. uhhh highlights, Ilija & Jun grudge match, I stitch -> slap -> stitch comboed, Sunny pulled a nice shine shine shine spike on luigi lol.

Sunny and I took 7 stock each. WHAT NOW, JUN?

EDIT:
Jun, ilija, calm down lol.

Top Bottom