• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
no johns. I could say the same things with other complications that are 10x worse but as long as everyone had fun and everyone got a tip or two out of it its successful IMO. Saying things like"this is just a free tournament" degrades the efforts of those who really tried their best despite not having money on the line.

Being sick at a tourney is no reason to snap at people.
DUDE you fcking john all the time. Seriously, a tournament can't go by where you don't say "that's gay" "that's a bad matchup" "i lost cuz of the stage" "i lost cuz of this character" etc....

Antonio's fox was probably the gayest thing I've seen in a while, but I didn't complain til you blatantly didn't do **** when he was ledge stalling for over 30 seconds (I kept time). That **** is illegal and for a casual tournament it's just straight up pathetic.

Jun.

Smash Lord
DUDE you fcking john all the time. Seriously, a tournament can't go by where you don't say "that's gay" "that's a bad matchup" "i lost cuz of the stage" "i lost cuz of this character" etc....

Antonio's fox was probably the gayest thing I've seen in a while, but I didn't complain til you blatantly didn't do **** when he was ledge stalling for over 30 seconds (I kept time). That **** is illegal and for a casual tournament it's just straight up pathetic.
I would rather hear johns about statistics and game mechanics rather than things that have nothing to do with the game. Are you really telling me that there are no bad matchups? No bad stage counterpicks? Lets get real here.

Antonio was ledge stalled like 10 ledge grabs when he was losing... How is that advantageous for him at all? And I'm pretty sure ledge stalling is done by counting ledge grabs (or is that just in brawl)? I've seen you ledgestall with sheik in friendlies.... Fox doesn't even have a good ledgestall esp since Antonio died from it. I'm sure he wasn't doing it to delay the match or anything, doesn't make sense since he was losing... I think after you complained he just kept doing it out of amusement lol.

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
I would rather hear johns about statistics and game mechanics rather than things that have nothing to do with the game. Are you really telling me that there are no bad matchups? No bad stage counterpicks? Lets get real here.

Antonio was ledge stalling when he was losing... How is that advantageous for him at all? And I'm pretty sure ledge stalling is done by counting ledge grabs (or is that just in brawl)? I've seen you ledgestall with sheik in friendlies....
you realize.. he stalled when I had the lead when I was up almost 2 stocks...

Fox has no bad character matchups and Marth's only bad matchup is Sheik at like 6-4 which is completely winnable. and you seriously don't know how to counterpick stages that well.

I listen to the advice you give the new players, and it's fcking dumb. When was the last time, you didn't get dead last at a triweekly or 2nd to last for that matter. If anything, Pat should be giving the advice to the new players instead of you since he's a veteran.

Pat was saying how you have no potential of getting better if you keep picking 3 different characters based on statistical matchups. Learn not to counterpick and play solid..

And *****, quit with this Brawl talk, I've played this game longer than you have. I'm done. /rant

Jun.

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221198 Ledge stalling

When was the last time, you didn't get dead last at a triweekly or 2nd to last for that matter
17: PBS
17: Squid
17: LHG
17: JackOfBlades
17: Sunny
17: Miguel
17: Jun
17: Eric Ding
out of 49

that's the results of the last triweekly

you need to stop talking about of your @$$. You're looking kinda stupid. You might wanna start editing and deleting your posts like always. Get *****.

DJMirror

Smash Master
no johns. I could say the same things with other complications that are 10x worse but as long as everyone had fun and everyone got a tip or two out of it its successful IMO. Saying things like"this is just a free tournament" degrades the efforts of those who really tried their best despite not having money on the line.

Being sick at a tourney is no reason to snap at people.
that's a legit reason to forfeit when PBS is burning up a fever. Seriously If I was playing and I had a fever, I would quit out. or I just wouldn't show up at all =___=

KLuless1

Smash Cadet
SK - Congrats dude, and amazing as usual. =]
Sunny - Fox is sooooo gay. But your Fox is too good. 2nd place, not bad =P
PBS - GGs, next time I won't play characters I don't use, LOL. Get well soon.
Antonio - GGs also, you're a funny guy.
Ding Dang Dong - HI ERIC. You were ****** when I watched you play too, except for that one game with Sunny. =P You did really well in crews too.
Homorapien - We didn't get to finish the one game we started playing! Next time.
Oats - I didn't know we had a Samus player at UCSD. Brawl spacing is too good. Good job in crews! Come play with us in Warren sometime.
StopNStart - Thanks, you got a lot better too. You would beat me in tourney just because I'm terrible against your Marth but yeah lol, we'll see.
Kelvin - Good stuff today, you played pretty well =]
Jun - Thanks for organizing this, and we should play more often. Actually, you might be a good commentator. You should try it.
Lets go Justin - Your tag should definitely be JustinTheKid, you'll be really good someday.
Ky #1 - Honestly, I was scared to play you because you beat Miguel, and then you Falcon Punched my first stock >_< You're getting really good. Just learn the Falco matchup, and no more Falcon Punch edgeguarding, LOL. GGs.
Engdrew - My Fox got slain. =[ Ganon main for sure, hahaha. Thanks for helping get this organized.
Taco - Lol, what upsets? I only beat 1 person. And dude, your Doc can take my Falco.
Miggel - Today was not a good day for you, lol. I'm sure you'll do better next time. =]

Jun.

Smash Lord
Pnoy did you go to Irvine today? If so how did you do?

"At Super Champ Combo, Rickety surprised everyone when he defeated his smash hero, Azen, in his pool. Rickety, moved with emotion, began to tear up, and embraced him." - smashwiki

rofl. Where is he nowadays?

DJMirror

Smash Master
Pnoy didn't go to Irvine.

Is there one tournament on Monday or something??? I'm like really confused =__=

Jun.

Smash Lord
Pnoy didn't go to Irvine.

Is there one tournament on Monday or something??? I'm like really confused =__=
Its just casual SD smashfests at UCSD on mondays. We do w/e we feel like. mini tournies, crews, random crews, watching ky do weird *** **** etc

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
28 Justin 28 Marco
24 Antonio 26 Marco
22 Antonio 24 Kevin
20 Jun 22 Kevin
20 Jun 20 PBS
16 Leeland 17 PBS
15 Leeland 16 Eric
12 Avlan 14 Eric
8 SK 14 Eric
7 SK 12 Sunny
4 Freddie 10 Sunny

That's how it went down. OFFICIAL CREW RESULTS LOL

EDIT: LEELAND PBS --> LEELAND ERIC

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
16 Leeland 16 Eric
12 Avlan 14 Eric
8 SK 14 Eric
7 SK 12 Sunny
4 Freddie 10 Sunny

That's how it went down. OFFICIAL CREW RESULTS LOL
Ilija actually took a stock from Leeland (almost 2!). My match with Leeland on DL64 started with him having 3 stocks. But otherwise that looks right.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Eric just write an entire recap of crews including percentages and DI.

Kelvin wth is in your sig. I don't get it?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Can't. I spent 10 minutes of it looking for the bathroom and missed Antonio's matches =/ Also, Marco's ridiculous spacing can't be put into words.

KLuless1

Smash Cadet
Overswarm was having an argument on the boards with other Brawl players. Basically, the other side said that playing Metaknight just to win/for the money is gay, people should play different characters to be "original", etc. That was his response.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
dude eric. i agree with jun...youre pretty serious about the pokemon LOL

anyways yeah my bad about the PBS/leeland matchup

some stuff about antonio vs pbs...antonio was only ledge camping because he wanted the stage to change back to regular pokemon stadium so he could get back to the middle with a ledge cancel illusion on the top platform. thats all. no johns here. play nice kids.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Why the hell are you still up lol. And nah, my Zelda isn't near that level haha. But I'm hopefully slowly getting there lol. And this is kinda sad, but I honestly found that video really boring =/ I thought the most exciting thing in the entire video was the triple knee at the end rofl

And I thought your birthday was on 4/1. You lied.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Real question Eric, why are YOU still up. Normal sleeping time for me is when birds chirp. My sleep schedule is that messed up.

Edit: Yeah the video was kinda boring since everything ends with toe-->face

Jun.

Smash Lord
Eric Ding?

I waveshine that guy. I still remember to this day when Zhu came over UCSD once and played eric and eric's face and demeanor when he got waveshined. "that's so gay" rofl!

happy bday zhu. Thanks for giving us a *decent* peach at UCSD.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I trained that guy.

I deserve all the credit.
:lick:
Lol the only thing you trained me to do is sidestep->dsmash when we played in 8th grade and your Falco couldn't l-cancel.

Then you got me to get rid of the habit of sidestepping. So basically you didn't really do anything.

haha but I guess you did get me a bit better.

...I guess. Maybe.

Lol Andrew I knew you went to Lynbrook. I think I remember Carlin telling me a while ago.

And awww doubles tourney? that sounds fun. I'll be missing out :( ochem midterm Tuesday sigh.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
For Monday where do you all meet up? I wouldn't mind stopping by for a bit.
it's at the lodge in sixth college, pretty close to food works if you know where that is. nothing really gets going until around 2 but people usually stay until like 7-8ish. **** oats i haven't played you in forever, lets make sure to get some friendlies in.

Top Bottom