• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Jun.

Smash Lord
Yeah during the school year people play everyday but that's because people live on campus and its basically like going over someone's house. Over summer its quite different.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, let's put this in stone.

Smashfest tomorrow at the lodge. Eric and I will be there for sure with one complete setup.

I want CREW BATTLES and ****ing EPIC matches tomorrow and a BIGASS turnout. Sound good?

Regarding TF2: 10 man teams are hard to put together in person and requires a lot of space that we don't have. Interest is another thing. That was the verdict for WGF.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, let's put this in stone.

Smashfest tomorrow at the lodge. Eric and I will be there for sure with one complete setup.

I want CREW BATTLES and ****ing EPIC matches tomorrow and a BIGASS turnout. Sound good?

Regarding TF2: 10 man teams are hard to put together in person and requires a lot of space that we don't have. Interest is another thing. That was the verdict for WGF.
Competitive TF2 is 6v6. Get your facts straight noob.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Competitive TF2 is 6v6. Get your facts straight noob.
[shrug] the suggestion was brought up like 2-3 years ago and that's what we went off of. :) Even with free2play I don't play TF2 so I don't know what it's like. The competitive TF2 rules may have changed from back then so the discrepancy lies there...I guess? :D

I'll suggest it to them and see what they think...But right now computer space is realllyyy limited.

@glowworm: The turnout for DotA and SC2 was just as big as SSBM and SSBB together...don't call it a "side event" :)

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
TF2 would be so kickass if it happened.

Also, sorry Andrew lol. I don't even know which game it was but I just vaguely remember seeing some dudes setting up their computers. They had some pretty cool K-pop wallpapers might I add :laugh:

Btw, when you're talking about suggesting it to them, is this for the upcoming Road To Apex Tourneyplay tournament or next year's WGF?

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
TF2 would be so kickass if it happened.

Also, sorry Andrew lol. I don't even know which game it was but I just vaguely remember seeing some dudes setting up their computers. They had some pretty cool K-pop wallpapers might I add :laugh:

Btw, when you're talking about suggesting it to them, is this for the upcoming Road To Apex Tourneyplay tournament or next year's WGF?
More likely WGF...as I have more control over that etc etc

As for smashfest today...I'll be there around 3:45pm with a complete setup :D

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
[shrug] the suggestion was brought up like 2-3 years ago and that's what we went off of. :) Even with free2play I don't play TF2 so I don't know what it's like. The competitive TF2 rules may have changed from back then so the discrepancy lies there...I guess? :D

I'll suggest it to them and see what they think...But right now computer space is realllyyy limited.

@glowworm: The turnout for DotA and SC2 was just as big as SSBM and SSBB together...don't call it a "side event" :)
Haha, I was just kidding. TF2 has changed a lot since its first inception (even then, it was greatly different from TFC). Valve added a ton of weapons + hats into the game. While it keeps things fresh, it adds both visual and gameplay clutter. The new weapons and hats look out of place, and some of them are/were incredibly broken.

Gloworm should know! Pre-nerf Fist of Steel. First or second revision Natascha. On release Sandman.

Some are still broken: Sandvich, throw it anytime to heal half of a class's MAX health. GRU, completely negates Heavy's mobility issues when not firing.

Then there's Valve's logic and reasoning behind balancing classes. They stated they wanted to reward pyros for skilled play. What do they do?

1. Reflected projectiles via airblast do MORE damage
2. Reduced the airblast ammo cost
3. Increased the airblast rate of fire - faster than a soldier can shoot his rockets (air blast interval is 0.75s, rocket launcher is 0.8s this doesn't even account for travel time).
4. Unlockable flamethrower that makes you switch weapons faster (easier weapon heckling, with little to no downside).
5. Flares now crit opponents who are on fire.

How does this matter to competitive TF2? Little to none.

The standard rollout for 6v6 is still 2 Scouts, 2 Soldier, Demo, Medic. Pyro does not provide as much team synergy and lacks consistent ranged damage,. Heavy's too slow without the (banned) GRU but gamebreakingly fast with them. The remaining classes are situational and don't fit into the 5 capture point format as well as the others.

What does it do to pub play? Pyro/Demo/Heavy are strong. They have tools that other classes lack. Pyro is explained above. Demo stickyspam is incredibly strong and the Grenade Launcher experiences no damage fall off due to range if it's a direct hit. Heavies have highest hp in the game, mobility via GRU, and instant 150 hp heal.

Blah, I've rambled on too much. I miss SD and want to smash with you guys :(

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
smashfest at my pad today.
confirmed so far:
me
maple
pnoy
deth
miguel (falco) pretty good
and a few randoms

you ucsd kids should all take a car up, im only 35/40 mins away lazies

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
you ucsd kids should all take a car up, im only 35/40 mins away lazies
This sounds pretty dope, I probably would go to this if it wasn't the middle of the week, but for now I'm waiting at the lodge... Come on guys(Jesse/dawson) where are you at.

:phone:

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Anybody planning on going tomorrow? Just got back from vacation and am "looking for some action," as the kids like to say.
I'd be down to play today for a bit but we all played till pretty late yesterday so I'm unsure about everyone else.

:phone:

Top Bottom