• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'll be here too, but I probably won't be able to play. :(
Family and friends are visiting for graduation weekend and they must be entertained.
I hate it when life keeps me from playing Melee.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Intel's Museum of Me isn't a virtual visual archive of your social life.
It's actually a tour of the FBI/NSA databases.
They pull up your name and see your life unfold in a similar manner.

THEY...KNOW...EVERYTHING...ABOUT....YOU.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
I'll be here til I find a place to live next year LOL. I'm guessing we can only smash at the lodge since sixth kids are getting kicked out.

On a side note: congrats to everyone who is graduating this year! 3 years have passed by so fast. Damn I'm old.

:phone:

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I'll be here til I find a place to live next year LOL. I'm guessing we can only smash at the lodge since sixth kids are getting kicked out.

On a side note: congrats to everyone who is graduating this year! 3 years have passed by so fast. Damn I'm old.

I'll be moving into an apartment somewhere in Sixth starting at the end of June. I think I'll be able to host some smash from time to time.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I'm planning on driving out to UCSD on friday but are there any people planning on playing that day?

Jun.

Smash Lord
5:08:33 PM Ilija Bibic: LOL dude
5:08:36 PM Ilija Bibic: so in box arena chat
5:08:40 PM Ilija Bibic: some guy was dissing smash
5:08:44 PM Jun Kim: lol ok
5:08:47 PM Ilija Bibic: and i was like "hey smash is a really deep game"
5:08:55 PM Ilija Bibic: and he said "do you go to ucsd?" "OH, no wonder you think that"
5:09:13 PM Jun Kim: lol what does that mean
5:09:17 PM Ilija Bibic: lol our school is notorious on srk too
5:09:26 PM Ilija Bibic: i think he knows the scene is really big
5:09:27 PM Jun Kim: for sucking at ssf4?
5:09:33 PM Jun Kim: or having huge smash
5:09:35 PM Ilija Bibic: huge smash
5:09:37 PM Jun Kim: awesome

awesome

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
5:08:33 PM Ilija Bibic: LOL dude
5:08:36 PM Ilija Bibic: so in box arena chat
5:08:40 PM Ilija Bibic: some guy was dissing smash
5:08:44 PM Jun Kim: lol ok
5:08:47 PM Ilija Bibic: and i was like "hey smash is a really deep game"
5:08:55 PM Ilija Bibic: and he said "do you go to ucsd?" "OH, no wonder you think that"
5:09:13 PM Jun Kim: lol what does that mean
5:09:17 PM Ilija Bibic: lol our school is notorious on srk too
5:09:26 PM Ilija Bibic: i think he knows the scene is really big
5:09:27 PM Jun Kim: for sucking at ssf4?
5:09:33 PM Jun Kim: or having huge smash
5:09:35 PM Ilija Bibic: huge smash
5:09:37 PM Jun Kim: awesome

awesome
Then Ilija proceeded to MM and body the fool?

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Is our scene really that big?
We probably have the reputation of being big because of 2005-2006 (early 2007 ?) and there really isn't any reason for anyone outside of the Melee scene to believe it's any different.

We're definitely not that big, but clueless non-Smashers don't know any better and only go off of reputation.

My assumption, of course.

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
We probably have the reputation of being big because of 2005-2006 (early 2007 ?) and there really isn't any reason for anyone outside of the Melee scene to believe it's any different.

We're definitely not that big, but clueless non-Smashers don't know any better and only go off of reputation.

My assumption, of course.
TL ; DR
Basically SD *****.

Jun.

Smash Lord
If you guys really think about it

- Our scene is big enough to host Triweeklies where notable names attend every time.
- We have players in the PR and hidden players that either have been on it or should still be on it
- The only public smashfest that's hosted (twice) EVERY week
- Tournaments that have more than enough setups, brackets that are fair and engaging, and great venues (thanks to Pat and Andrew)
- Honestly haven't heard of anyone coming down to SD and having a bad time (not counting performance in bracket and competition)

Last time I checked, there was no other college and/or even another region that has these qualities even half as consistently.

we ****ing ****

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Anyone smashing late or std'ing. My last final ends at 10:00 but i really wanted to play today if anyone else is down.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
The 06-07 scene was a lot more...structured? I don't know if that is the correct word to use, but basically triweeklies were ACTUALLY tri-weekly for the most part. Only skipping weeks for large tournaments. Ken would often come down etc etc. Edrees pretty much ran everything. Smahfests, I never really heard of as I only played with my close group of friends to get better and I realized how bad I was at this game when i first played simon LOL.

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
Might stop by around nine. Ill be done with my exam by then. Loool, its late though so i dont expect anyone to be around then either. QQ

Top Bottom