• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

KLuless1

Smash Cadet
Guess what day it is tomorrow?

(Falcon) Kickin’ in the first slot
Sittin’ (camping) in the fourth slot
Gotta make my mind up
Which slot can I take?

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta go smash on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ gimps on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend

So, everyone's going to the Lodge tomorrow, right? I'm done with finals but I won't be going home until Saturday morning and I definitely have nothing better to do than to play smash all day. :bee: I hope everyone did well.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
OMFG she's EVERYWHERE!!

I have a morning flight on Saturday... anyone down to STD?

So looking forward to tomorrow, finally done with this ****.

And I was like Friday, Friday, Friday OHHHHHHHhhhhwait...

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
lol you guys want to STD on friday till saturday?
help prolong the amount of time i have been awake.
im at 40hrs, looking at another 15 hrs of cramming.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
lol you guys want to STD on friday till saturday?
help prolong the amount of time i have been awake.
im at 40hrs, looking at another 15 hrs of cramming.
the other 25 was taken up by lol.

im now free, anyone else want to at least hang out? i really dont care what i do except im getting ****ed up tonight.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I'm at a loss on what you guys mean by "STD" haha. Were you having smashfests while finals were going on?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Loool yea a few of us STD'd. Sunny and I on our way to the airport right nowwww. Good games guys. Have a good break and see ya'll next quarterrrr

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
soooo whats the deal with the rec class? do we HAVE to sign up and where will my $20 go if i DO pay?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hopefully towards equipment and having a secure venue for us to use whenever. Weekly tournaments will be held on Saturdays. They haven't contacted me in a while, but I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
with a $20 venue fee it looks like (unless the $20 is a one time payment) :(

would the REC room replace the lodge for normal smashfests or will people still use the lodge? I didn't see all the details of the REC room but will the details for the REC room be different for someone who doesn't attend UCSD? What about the "signing up" part?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
the $20 is a one time thing and it's open to all. (students and non-students alike). Most likely it would replace the lodge since we're not technically allowed to be in there.

The benefits are: we'd have a permanent space just for smashing, maybe a few extra TVs and cubes, weekly tournaments.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
could we still charge a (small) venue fee for non members at tournies? it could either go to more tv's/setups or good player fund if we feel nice

edit: it also gives something back indirectly to people who do sign up

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
the $20 is a one time thing and it's open to all. (students and non-students alike). Most likely it would replace the lodge since we're not technically allowed to be in there.

The benefits are: we'd have a permanent space just for smashing, maybe a few extra TVs and cubes, weekly tournaments.
Oh. Nice. Where can I sign up? Or is signing up not available yet? Weekly tournaments sounds cool. So if I got this right, the REC room is just for smash and is available every day even if it's not say, a formal smashfest like fridays or mondays, correct?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
could we still charge a (small) venue fee for non members at tournies? it could either go to more tv's/setups or good player fund if we feel nice

edit: it also gives something back indirectly to people who do sign up
whaaaaack but the money is going to a good cause so i'd say its an overall good idea :p

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Are rec classes the ones you get credit for? or was that extension? I forget. But if it's rec classes, playing smash for credit sounds pretty cool. Lol.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
$20 is a must.
I will be the bouncer for the room.
You will have to deal with me if you try to sneak in.
So do yourself a favor and just pay.
I mean, I am a beast of a man standing at 5'9" and weighing in at about 155.
I claw as viciously as a cat and I can hide as well as a mouse.
I have the muscle definition of a pre-adolescent and my body fat percent is in the double digits.
So yeah, I'm pretty scary.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
@eric, nah it's just a rec class, so no credits there.

https://recreation.ucsd.edu/registration/index.php?location=list&user_area=3&main_cat=2692

That's the link to sign up for the class. I guess we're doing Brawl and SSF4 too? News to me haha. I guess we'll just see how things go
hahahahahaha.

There are still 14 spots open? I am assuming I was the first person to officially sign-up. I think Brawl and SF4 will be options only if a variety of students register. If it is only Melee players, I don't see the reason for Brawl and SF4.

No noobs = no Brawl and SF4.
No offense to the current Brawl players in our gang. (Yeah, this means you, ERIC) :)

Top Bottom