• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Heh heh, more just bein' silly. I know I haven't been in the smash scene for very long, so just making a joke. I'm trying to find a ride, but I'd have the whole day off and what the heck I've got some money to blow.

'ppreciate your kind words though bud :3 Team Eevee for life c:
Where do you live? I have my license now so I could pick you up and we could to head to the event from there. I'll probably be getting there around 10 or 10:30, but any time before noon works.

Last edited:

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
Sick! My address is [censor censor censor]. Can't really be too specific though, since I'm not very knowledgeable on directions. I'm sure if you just look it up in a gps, it'll come up.

Last edited:

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Sick! My address is 7619 Alverstone Way. Can't really be too specific though, since I'm not very knowledgeable on directions. I'm sure if you just look it up in a gps, it'll come up.
You're only like 15 mins from me, so what time should I come pick you up so we can head over to Otaku?

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
Don't matter to me none. I'll get everything packed tonight since I'm not a morning person. I'll send you a private message wiff mah phone number so we can communicate easier.

BeefKek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Aww, beautiful relationships are being formed <3

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Does anyone have Borderlands pre-sequel on ps3? I want to transfer my character to ps4 but I need the ps3 copy still -_-

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Anyone going to Ultra today? BC, Knife, Denti and I will be there.

BeefKek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Espy, can you change the information for Tofer to BeefKek, and characters to DK and Ness?

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna miss SAM4 lol. Hopefully I can make SAM5 :143:

Btw, I'm working on a new layout for the weekly, and I'm going to go shopping tomorrow to look for an audio mixer for commentary. Sorry it's been so long, I know I dropped the ball on that.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Don't worry, he'll always love his son.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, hope everyone that attended enjoyed the free drinks and everything else.

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
I'm disappointed in how I dropped the ball against HeroMystic... again. But I'm also proud of how well others performed, specific shout outs go to the aforementioned HM, Speedy, and of course Megafox for taking it all. I realize that I seem like an arrogant asshole at times and a frustrated douchebag at others. So... I'm sorry...

I do need a break from Smash though. I'll see you guys Thursday... maybe.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
A look ahead into the future.

Date (Saturday)| Tourney | Tourney
April 11th | |
April 18th | ARFI 4 (Austin) |
April 25th | TGC 2 (Houston) |
May 2nd | |
May 9th | TX Showdown (Houston) |
May 16th | WINGS 4 (San Antonio) |
May 23rd | Comic Palooza (Houston, 1k pot) |
May 30th | 2-Day Regional (Austin) |

To my knowledge, that's everything. I was made aware that Brandon from Ultra Arcade wanted to have a saturday tourney in April, but it's not confirmed yet.

Also, it's time I organized everything for San Japan. I'll be annoying volunteers for the next week.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm disappointed in how I dropped the ball against HeroMystic... again. But I'm also proud of how well others performed, specific shout outs go to the aforementioned HM, Speedy, and of course Megafox for taking it all. I realize that I seem like an arrogant ******* at times and a frustrated douchebag at others. So... I'm sorry...

I do need a break from Smash though. I'll see you guys Thursday... maybe.
You're quite the personality. It really sucked a lot of SA had to fight each other and there could only be one winner. I'm surprised you didn't switch to Ganondorf considering you told me last weekly you weren't confident in Sheik v. Mario MU. After the first game it really started to show you have a lot of pride. You had a major meltdown and played much worse and I capitalized on all your mistakes. Let me be the first to say we've all been there.

The most important part of this game is having fun. K Prime and I had a pretty close game 1 and game 2, but then in game 3 I slowly fell apart because frustration overtook me and that game wasn't close at all. I'm still confident in saying I'm not at his level, let alone being up at Top 6 in the PR. Still, it was enjoyable to fight against him and everyone else and benchmarking myself.

Point is, we're all in this because we love the game. This tournament career is so much bigger than just SA or even Houston. I said this to Mindless before but I personally see each other as a group of friends and we should all be out there to support each other. If you focus so much on winning it'll kill your love for the game.

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
You're quite the personality.
Thank you. I try.

It really sucked a lot of SA had to fight each other and there could only be one winner.
For sure. I was surprised at that.

I'm surprised you didn't switch to Ganondorf considering you told me last weekly you weren't confident in Sheik v. Mario MU.
As unconfident I am in the Sheik v. Mario MU, I'm even more unconfident in the Ganondorf v. Mario MU. And I managed to beat Incendiary with my Sheik last weekly, so I just kinda figured I'd broken that mental block. Turns out the mental block I hadn't broken was you.

After the first game it really started to show you have a lot of pride.
Yes. I have far too much pride. I need to work on that.

You had a major meltdown and played much worse and I capitalized on all your mistakes. Let me be the first to say we've all been there.
I think that's the saltiest I've ever been.

Point is, we're all in this because we love the game. This tournament career is so much bigger than just SA or even Houston. I said this to Mindless before but I personally see each other as a group of friends and we should all be out there to support each other. If you focus so much on winning it'll kill your love for the game.
I'm still new to this scene. So many of you have been here since Brawl. You guys know each other and have played way more Smash than I have. That said, I'm surprised just how open you've all been. I just hope I haven't rubbed you guys the wrong way with my **** attitude.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nike and I are old men. We've been playing since Melee.
It's fun to see how much of the Smash family in SA changes with each iteration. :applejack:

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
There's oh so many OoC's that attended so it's a matter of so soon when SA eliminates each other. At least those high on our ranking were seeding accordingly I assume. Though all my matches were against OoC's so I satisfied.
San Antonio has too many marios
SA is secretly Italian.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm still new to this scene. So many of you have been here since Brawl. You guys know each other and have played way more Smash than I have. That said, I'm surprised just how open you've all been. I just hope I haven't rubbed you guys the wrong way with my **** attitude.
This is actually the first time I've fully invested in the Smash scene as well. I played a lot of Brawl and went to tournies in Florida but I was basically a low-mid level competitive player. When I moved to Texas I only went to two tournaments and got dead last at both and decided to hang up my hat despite Espy trying to get me into the scene via Smashboards. Four years later, here I am and somehow I managed to impress everyone enough to deal with me.

Your attitude ain't bad, bro. We all like you and I personally believe you got what it takes to make waves. Just gotta look at the bigger picture.

Top Bottom