• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
re6 amazing
RE6 was so freaking boring.
Only good parts were
the part with the shark in Leon's campaign because I got to tease my partner by waiting until the last moment to shoot it
and
the sneaking parts in Sherry/Jake campaign
, and both parts were quite easy.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
RE6 was so freaking boring.
Only good parts were
the part with the shark in Leon's campaign because I got to tease my partner by waiting until the last moment to shoot it
and
the sneaking parts in Sherry/Jake campaign
, and both parts were quite easy.
The gc remake is my absolute favorite. But I'm willing to say re6 has replaced 4 as my second favorite. 4 full campaigns the ability to replay campaigns as the side kick. It also has the best combat system of all the games.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just found out ScrewAttack is going to Apex 2013.
I'm so ****ing mad right now. :applejack:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
The gc remake is my absolute favorite. But I'm willing to say re6 has replaced 4 as my second favorite. 4 full campaigns the ability to replay campaigns as the side kick. It also has the best combat system of all the games.

Oh, I see. It just didn't do it for me.
[collapse=RE6 Rant]- Music and new characters were completely forgettable (except Jake) and almost all of our deaths were from complete bull****. I'm not exactly bad at quicktime and fast-reaction stuff, but some of this stuff required you to KNOW what was going to happen beforehand (and my partner was always a normal human, which led to many, many deaths), which meant frustration, irritation, and a general feeling of "**** this, let's just play TvC instead".

- Absurd action on top of more absurd action got old.

- It was often instant death from something dumb or incredibly easy. Never really felt like a tense fight for my life or anything.

- Bosses never died the first time they were killed and that got old REALLY ****ing fast (seriously, dude gets shot, stabbed, set on fire, thrown out a window, hit by a train, eaten by piranhas, and the earl pours hot tea in his lap and he still had enough energy to turn into a goddamned bug-dinosaur-dog).
Seriously, this is one of the big reasons I was braindead by the end. You KNOW whats going to happen. There is NO surprise.

The Nemesis-like character in Jake/Sherry story was better, but only when you had to sneak around him. You couldn't kill him, so there WAS a sense of real danger. It eventually reverted to the "kill this guy 80 times" thing, but it was nice for a while.

The snake in Chris' story could have been cool, but the thrill of being stalked through the building is gone once you realize that the creature is only killing NPCs. Doesn't help that that fight was really easy.

- Certain parts of China were neat, but trying to find each other in that meat market in Leon's story was hell. They both blend in with the background! XD

- There was no real sense of exploration and no real reward for trying to look around (since you get missed weapons at the end of a chapter anyway).

- Replacing weapon upgrades with skills? In RE5, you could each choose your weapons. One of you could have a Sniper Rifle and Shotgun while the other could have a Handgun and Machine Gun, and you could choose from a pool of weapons.
For example, I often chose to carry a Matilda (or P8, if it wasn't available) and Longbow (or a machine gun, if it wasn't available) while my partner preferred the Hydra (or some other shotgun, if it wasn't available), some sniper rifle, and the M92F. You had to find and sell things and figure out how to spend in a really specific way.

In RE6, the skills are uninteresting, and getting one to level three takes a lot of investment (at least two campaigns). You and your partner will likely have a near-identical setup (as "Defense L.3" is better than "Anything L.1") and you'll likely end up investing in one common skill. Weapons are static and you both get most of the weapons (minus one or two starting weapons), so there's not really a feeling of customization or uniqueness. Also, chapters in RE6 are freaking LONG, so it would take a lot more effort to farm.

- Some aspects of the combat system were really neat. Sliding, remote-detonation bombs, sliding to set remote-detonator bombs (I really like this, if you haven't noticed), the stamina system... That's about it, I think. The cover system was crap and quick shot is OP. Equip sniper rifle, quick shot, repeat for MAXIMUM DAMAGE (or something like that).
And this isn't a huge gripe, but it was faster to walk than it was to use the snowmobile at certain parts it was available. Kind of disappointing until they gave me the part where you had to use the snowmobile to escape (and they actually gave you a bit of room to use it).

- Stun Rod wasn't in every campaign, so I couldn't be THE SUMMER STORM SUSA-NO-O all the time. Major downside.[/collapse]
But if it makes you happy, that's excellent! Don't let my bad opinion of it ruin your experience.
Personally I prefer Revelations (new control scheme with actual horror? HYESZ!), then RE4, then RE3, REmake, RE5, etc.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm still down to do something.
If I grab everyone that wants to go, is it cool if we head to Slush's? :applejack:

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Oh, I see. It just didn't do it for me.
[collapse=RE6 Rant]- Music and new characters were completely forgettable (except Jake) and almost all of our deaths were from complete bull****. I'm not exactly bad at quicktime and fast-reaction stuff, but some of this stuff required you to KNOW what was going to happen beforehand (and my partner was always a normal human, which led to many, many deaths), which meant frustration, irritation, and a general feeling of "**** this, let's just play TvC instead".

- Absurd action on top of more absurd action got old.

- It was often instant death from something dumb or incredibly easy. Never really felt like a tense fight for my life or anything.

- Bosses never died the first time they were killed and that got old REALLY ****ing fast (seriously, dude gets shot, stabbed, set on fire, thrown out a window, hit by a train, eaten by piranhas, and the earl pours hot tea in his lap and he still had enough energy to turn into a goddamned bug-dinosaur-dog).
Seriously, this is one of the big reasons I was braindead by the end. You KNOW whats going to happen. There is NO surprise.

The Nemesis-like character in Jake/Sherry story was better, but only when you had to sneak around him. You couldn't kill him, so there WAS a sense of real danger. It eventually reverted to the "kill this guy 80 times" thing, but it was nice for a while.

The snake in Chris' story could have been cool, but the thrill of being stalked through the building is gone once you realize that the creature is only killing NPCs. Doesn't help that that fight was really easy.

- Certain parts of China were neat, but trying to find each other in that meat market in Leon's story was hell. They both blend in with the background! XD

- There was no real sense of exploration and no real reward for trying to look around (since you get missed weapons at the end of a chapter anyway).

- Replacing weapon upgrades with skills? In RE5, you could each choose your weapons. One of you could have a Sniper Rifle and Shotgun while the other could have a Handgun and Machine Gun, and you could choose from a pool of weapons.
For example, I often chose to carry a Matilda (or P8, if it wasn't available) and Longbow (or a machine gun, if it wasn't available) while my partner preferred the Hydra (or some other shotgun, if it wasn't available), some sniper rifle, and the M92F. You had to find and sell things and figure out how to spend in a really specific way.

In RE6, the skills are uninteresting, and getting one to level three takes a lot of investment (at least two campaigns). You and your partner will likely have a near-identical setup (as "Defense L.3" is better than "Anything L.1") and you'll likely end up investing in one common skill. Weapons are static and you both get most of the weapons (minus one or two starting weapons), so there's not really a feeling of customization or uniqueness. Also, chapters in RE6 are freaking LONG, so it would take a lot more effort to farm.

- Some aspects of the combat system were really neat. Sliding, remote-detonation bombs, sliding to set remote-detonator bombs (I really like this, if you haven't noticed), the stamina system... That's about it, I think. The cover system was crap and quick shot is OP. Equip sniper rifle, quick shot, repeat for MAXIMUM DAMAGE (or something like that).
And this isn't a huge gripe, but it was faster to walk than it was to use the snowmobile at certain parts it was available. Kind of disappointing until they gave me the part where you had to use the snowmobile to escape (and they actually gave you a bit of room to use it).

- Stun Rod wasn't in every campaign, so I couldn't be THE SUMMER STORM SUSA-NO-O all the time. Major downside.[/collapse]
But if it makes you happy, that's excellent! Don't let my bad opinion of it ruin your experience.
Personally I prefer Revelations (new control scheme with actual horror? HYESZ!), then RE4, then RE3, REmake, RE5, etc.

Your opinions and mine are the exact opposite, I thought Jake's story was the worst of the 4, it was just plain boring I felt like they rushed through his. I was very dissapointed with how the final boss fight was played out, I mean you spend the whole game running away from him, and it takes 4 v 1 just to slow him down then all of a sudden your able to just fist fight him WTF. FYI Jake doesn't have weskers powers.

Having multiple fight with the same boss while each time he gets stronger is a staple of resident evil. This time it was ramped up because this new virus is stronger.

I really like it
because it has everything re4 and 5 had it just did it better.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I was very dissapointed with how the final boss fight was played out, I mean you spend the whole game running away from him, and it takes 4 v 1 just to slow him down then all of a sudden your able to just fist fight him WTF. FYI Jake doesn't have weskers powers.
He obviously couldn't fight the the stalker hand-to-hand because he wasn't true friends with Sherry for most of the story.
You can't fight a main boss without the power of friendship. :smirk:

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
best gif in the world.

good times include .... well, use your imagination ;)

Also if anyone has an extra sd/crt tv that they are not useing, I will gladley give it a good home. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom