• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus/Zamus online WiFi Fun Tournament , April 5/6th. Registation closed!

Rookiebrawler

Smash Rookie
I have a question though... even though i'm a noob if I win my matches will I be able to proceed to the higher level matches? I'll be practicing for this with Samus alot. I don't expect to beshot out the first few matches.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Rank doesn't matter if you proceed or not. Winning does. So if you win all your matches you could end up fighting Hugs , Phanna , Rohin or even Me. Even though I'm not as good as Hugs , Phanna or Rohin. Almost there.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double post. UPDATED LIST.

SMASH BALLS ARE OFF AS OF NOW SORRY FOR THOSE WHO WANTED THEM.

RESERVE LIST
1.Hugs : Pro/Master-rank ( Best Samus in U.S )
2.NY-Beast : Semi-pro-rank(hosting this tourney me)
3.Mayo : Semi-pro-rank
4.Cubaisdeath : ( unknown )
5.Matt : Medium-rank
6.Jez : Noobish-rank
7.Fritz : Semi-pro-rank
8.Rtm : Medium-rank
UPDATE
9.WaterTails : Medium-rank
10. Hylian : Pro/Semi-pro-rank ( I think )
11.Banks : Pro-rank (10th best in england.)
12.W.Jr : ( Unknown )-rank
13.Cocoashadow : Medium-rank
14.Cynan Machea : Medium-rank
15.Dobs : Medium-rank
16.Meljin : Medium-rank
17.Relentless : ( Unknown )-rank
18.AttackstorM : Medium-rank
UPDATE AGAIN FROM ZEON AKA RUSSIAN BAGEL
19.Gutts : noob-medium-rank
20.Sychu : noob-rank
21.The Alpha Gundam : Semi Pro-rank
22.Rohins : Semi-Pro/Pro ( From what I've heard )-rank
23.Phanna : Pro/Master-Perfect Samus Control-rank
24.MprisM : ( Unknown )-rank
25.Rookiebrawler : noob-rank
26.ph00tbag : Medium-rank
27.Mr. M : Super Noob-rank(lol at his request that is)

More to come, please register. Spamming this thread will result in Report. No warnings! Thank you. Post if you wanna join ^^

Update :chuckle:

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I have a question though... even though i'm a noob if I win my matches will I be able to proceed to the higher level matches? I'll be practicing for this with Samus alot. I don't expect to beshot out the first few matches.
Also pools serve as way of ranking because players will have to play well if want to advance and brackets will be made off of pools. Rankings serves as way of making pools as will friendlies and other factors. I repeat though honest is a key for this to work.

As Russianbagel aka NY-Beast now said I am responsible for making brackets setting up tourney. Right now my idea right now is to have pools for first found with top 2 or 3 players moving on to a double elimination bracket. We will seed after pools so top people are on other sides of bracket. Idea of tourney is to make friends while improving in a competitive atmosphere. I think with tourney style I suggested it will allow for this the most. Post thoughts also as Phanna said by the time game comes out we will have a better idea of how stages play. Tournament brackets and such will be updated when closer to date of tourney. Hope this is not to confusing Rookiebrawler thx for joining and I look forward to playing everyone.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
This seems...rather interesting!

If Samus is still my main in Brawl, I'll gladly join. Actually, I'll join anyways. Samus/Zamus ditto fight Tournament? This is really up my alley.

Keep me on the unknown rank. Only the Manhandlers can testify my Melee Samus, and basically, what they said was probably the nicest way to say it: "Your basic Samus is good." :urg:

noob rank D: well maybe, I did give Rook and Rice a run for their money, but RAM busted my *** good

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
I would Like to join this tournament, I am a noob but the thought of me being able to compete with pro's for a chance at the title of "Samus King" sounds like a good oppurtunity to embrace. You can count me in, you can also count on my desire to win prevailing.
Put it down as Super-Noob Rank, for the lulz. :laugh:
edit: Just count the Super-noob rank as Noob Rank, only with some giggles and ****. :p
Looks like i'll be paired up with you 2 but it is you rookiebrawler who im most interested in. I will be looking forward to our match;)........If i don't have work that friday:urg:.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Looks like i'll be paired up with you 2 but it is you rookiebrawler who im most interested in. I will be looking forward to our match;)........If i don't have work that friday:urg:.
Don't worry man I changed it to Saturday and if we can't finish it on Saturday which I'm sure we probably can then we will finish on Sunday, so don't worry. :)

Rookiebrawler

Smash Rookie
Also if you guys are gonna spectate, i don't think you can spectate with friends. so your gona have to have the people you wanted to spectate, host the match then when the game begins kill off all there stock.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
The spectator thing we probably won't do we will just have both players from match report result to either me or NY-Beast through aim or this site. If there was discrepancy we would replay match with spectator doing it way you suggested if that is only way you can. I wish we don't have to result to this and everyone plays fair and is honest. Let the best person win and I wish everyone best of luck. This tourney will be the start of what I hope will become the Samus/ZSS online community and we will take suggestions on how to improve future tournaments after the first.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Lol Dobs NY-Beast man. We wont spectate only the final match most likely. If you do win Rookie you will be the current king of Samus but when players like Hugs and Phanna start picking up brawl they'll most likely regain that title and you will be in defense 24/7 lol but you could actually keep it I guess as long as a you accept all challenges.

We will also open a thread in the tourney results section so people post who they won against.

ThatAwesomeGuy

Smash Rookie
hey, i'm rtm, atari signed me up when i asked him personally, but change it to Rtem please, if you can, since i will either use that or Artem for the tourney on wifi.

Metamere

Smash Rookie
This sounds like a fun tournament, and I'd like to join. Please put me down as a noob-medium, since I'm not too sure how I compare to this crowd. Hopefully this tournament helps me to move up to medium rank. I played mainly as Samus and Sheik in melee, so this new Samus/Zamus combination could work really well for me. Man, now March 9th seems even further off. So, how much of a part will distance play in setting up connections? Do you have any plans in place to deal with bad connections between certain people? I'm located in Minneapolis, MN, so I should be able to connect pretty well with either side of the country. But I wonder how it will work between the two coasts? I guess we'll have a month to test and work out any kinks, so it should go well. Good idea to plan it for a month out, by the way.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Right now we have no idea of how connections will be with lag. We are having friendlies maybe week or two after game comes out so we can test these things. I've talked to Rohins and he said connection currently is pretty laggy but US servers are not up and will be when game is released in US. I have faith that lag hopefully won't be to bad. We can only speculate and we will know when game comes out and I imagine over time servers will get better.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I just want to point out that this tournament isn't going to mean much...

It's mainly going to be a fun thing. So let's not get too serious about it.
True story but we still want to make it work to the best of our abilities I was always taught if your gonna do something do it the best you can look forward to playing you.

MattyBoi

Smash Rookie
I'm up for it, sign me up into the Medium/Semi-Pro rank. Thing is, I can't play at all on the 5th, so if it goes there, you'll have to count me out but I'm good on the 4th after work which is around 5 pm (GMT-5) if all goes well and I don't have overtime.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i'll join, but i can't give my brawl code till march.... this includes both samus AND zamus, right?

you can just list me as SR93, which will be my wifi name, and n00b, because i've never played brawl:p

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
i'll join, but i can't give my brawl code till march.... this includes both samus AND zamus, right?

you can just list me as SR93, which will be my wifi name, and n00b, because i've never played brawl:p
Glad to have you on I myself don't have game yet and won't till march everyone just add brawl code asap and yes this includes both samus and zss. Glad to have you on board this is shaping up quite nicely.

Top Bottom