• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus vs. sheik

AIDS

Smash Lord
How do I beat a Shiek?

Usually not with Samus. Another Sheik or Falcon, maybe.

But if I do fight one with Samus, I spend alot of time spamming missiles, f-tilts, Nairs, and Bairs. CC Dsmash is a must also. Abuse their bad recovery, and stay away from their missiles while your recovering.

Also - DL64.
change to fox or ice climbers...sheik vs samus is hard, im good at the match up, but still its gay and hard! but if you are stuck in this match up one thing is do ssb64 bomb recovery, or else your recovery is useless, never do regular bomb recovery, you will get needled

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
C' mon now people there got to be some way to be an = match against shiek.
One of the things thats a problem are the needles(for me that is)
So the Question is:
How do you avoid those **** needles?

AIDS

Smash Lord
C' mon now people there got to be some way to be an = match against shiek.
One of the things thats a problem are the needles(for me that is)
So the Question is:
How do you avoid those **** needles?
i often do SSB64 bomb recovery, dont stay in one spot and lay bombs to get a jump, just keep going toward the stage while laying bombs, this way here needles do not gay your recovery.

for good ideas vs sheik watch anikis samus combo video, a lot of it is vs sheik.

NFR

Smash Rookie
counters or no counters, its the player skill level.. not the character.

rayecho

Smash Ace
i often do SSB64 bomb recovery, dont stay in one spot and lay bombs to get a jump, just keep going toward the stage while laying bombs, this way here needles do not gay your recovery.

for good ideas vs sheik watch anikis samus combo video, a lot of it is vs sheik.
Laying one bomb for the recovery doesn't really help the needles problem because shiek can still jump and hit you with them when you trying to get back. Thats just a situation that I don't think you can win.

Edge guard full charge shots are all i got from that video. If i missed anything else, let me know.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Laying one bomb for the recovery doesn't really help the needles problem because shiek can still jump and hit you with them when you trying to get back. Thats just a situation that I don't think you can win.

Edge guard full charge shots are all i got from that video. If i missed anything else, let me know.
ok i think you missed the main idea, fall from high above with samus, you can't change direction so fast, if you get hit by a needle you can hardly fall at an angle at all, but wait...MINDGAMES one bomb and hold toward the stage and you get the "almost 45 degree" angle again, this helps you come steady toward the stage.(no "bomb jump" just lay one bomb at a time as u fall toward the stage until you are close enough)

in a regular bomb recovery you hafto almost stay on the spot, cause your bomb goes straight down, with your bomb doing this and the fact you must be close enough to it before you get the bomb jump, you must go down a bit, and sheik needles you in this you go down, get hit by a needle, and you lose the chance to get the jump toward the stage, so you go down for nothing and you are to low to recover soon enough.

does this make it more clear?

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol that is a bad way to fight her, i think you should be the one getting punished, sheiks dash atack is not good vs samus, im think you should play some higher level people in your area, where are you from?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
counters or no counters, its the player skill level.. not the character.
false

it's true to some extent, but the fact of tiers and counters can offset the skill
by saying whatever character u choose doesn't matter is saying tiers don't exist

don't say something stupid

Watty

Smash Lord
NFR is the sheik player knows the matchup and that matchup alone and u do way better in tourney yet they can go toe to toe with u because 1 they kno the matchup and 2 the character they play, counters ur point.

i kno the matchup prolly better than most people (not being cocky juss the sheik i play is drephen no1 else gets that practice) and if i play perfect he can still win, its just hard she can abuse samus in to many ways

AIDS

Smash Lord
it is true, fighting sheik with samus is probably the hardest match up ever, btw watty how good do you normally do on drephen?

Top Bottom