• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
?!?!History of WoF?!?!

Actually guys, it seems the one who discovered the WoF was not cra$hman. I was at gamefaqs the other day and looked at the character guides for a laugh at how outdated they were. Well on a Samus guide by darkcloud that he made in 02,, found here. he mentions things like " Samus's Tackle attack is very useful, you can often tackle opponents time after time by running back and forth" and in his combos section, "Dashing Fiend - (A || >>) / (A || >>) \ (A || >>) / etc. This is a very annoying combo for the opponent because Samus's tackle attack is very quick and powerful. Most of the time, your opponent will be knocked in the same direction you are traveling but sometimes the opponent will go in the opposite direction which means you will have to turn around to continue the combo." This is basically the first version of the WoF, as he calls it, the "Dashing Fiend." Notice how he already figured out the need for turning around and mindgames when continuing the combo. I think credit should go to Cra$hman for realizing this combo's potential and its ability to be an infinite, but some must go to Darkcloud (whoever he is) for first discovering this.
At least this clears up some mystery regarding the almighty Windmill of Fury.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well....it hink they should be equal in credit....but he will be forever shrouded in mystery. whoever he is....

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
When I'm not crouching to the music, I WoF as a taunt between stocks. It's funny because everybody knows what it is...

Lies_and_Truth

Smash Apprentice
lol i do the f-tilt alot....still on my way to mastering it

i gotta few questions, tho..

1.u didnt seem to WD in the vid, wouldnt WDing make it a better mindgame?

2.pretty insane, but all i saw was u going back and forth without dash dancing to a mindgame....and u didnt seem to stop, what would u do if a bowser started fortressing toward you?

3.how do u unlock spiderman?

Renesor

Smash Ace
lol i do the f-tilt alot....still on my way to mastering it

i gotta few questions, tho..

1.u didnt seem to WD in the vid, wouldnt WDing make it a better mindgame?

2.pretty insane, but all i saw was u going back and forth without dash dancing to a mindgame....and u didnt seem to stop, what would u do if a bowser started fortressing toward you?

3.how do u unlock spiderman?
dont even bother reading arrowhead's post. yes, wavedashing would be a better mindgame. this technique is easy to stop, shield grab, SHL, fortress, Link/Ylink's items, peach's turnips....you get the idea. Spiderman is not a playable character.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
okay, i think we need to clear somethings up.

this is NOT an easy infinite to master. it IS easy to use as an intermediate player. You need Perfect Control (hehe) to completely master it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
^^^spam.
maybe we should make a list of characters that this will ALWAYS work on, and those that arent so dependable.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, duh.

but then you could either jump over it or clank it with a ftilt or angeled fsmash.

Renesor

Smash Ace
this technique works on any character that does not have a shield and any character that cannot grab. So this technique destroys master hand

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
My friends are calling this a hoax. Is there any actual match where a samus actaully pulled it off perfectly instead of partially pulling it off. If you do can you give me a link so I can prove them wrong.

Renesor

Smash Ace
You mean you couldn't even get a vid of someone doing it in a friendly or something?
why would someone use this technique anyway? unless they dont mind losing a stock, but even then there are better techniques for this, like jumping off the edge

St. Viers

Smash Champion
...wow, whats with all the stupid people in this thread.

It's obviously a uber-tech that takes skills to use. It works on a n00b v. n00b, intermediate v interediate, and good v good. Of course, you need really good mind games (and ESP probably helps, or being a jedi), nut as ong as you are good enough, ( know when invincibility frame comes up, how soon oyu can turn, and the technical aspects of the move) you can counter someone with worse mind games. If not...well then they out-mind-game you, and you have to wait until you can try again...

I do think that if you are that good at playing, you don't have better things to be doing, and things that may or may not be banned.

However, to appease the skeptic that I am, could someone who is good at it (Cra$h, eg) play a game specifically to prove that it works? I'm not saying this isn't real, (I think it is real, and if not well I don't care..its so simple-seeming--which is why so many people have an adverse reaction to it)

Until I gain those skillz, I'm sticking with Doc, trying to come up with an infinite combo involving pills and D-smash. I can throw the pill, downsmash them into it, maybe twice, but then I mess up how I hit them with the next downsmash... but when I gain the mindgames/tech/and skills to do that, I'll switch to Samus

and about postcount: having a low postcount may not mean you suck. Having a high postcount does mean that you know something, especially if you have a secial title next to your name. Of course, I've been part of some pretty tight schemes among the elite of my forum, but still...

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
First of all, this tech will only work on certain chars. at certain %s. Second, you would have to be severely ******** or geriatric to get caught in this. There are too many ways out: any arials, cc, shield, shield grab, spot dodge, roll, wd out, parry, etc. All you are doing is repeated dash attacks, possibly dd into them... it's not that hard to pull off, nor is it that effective. I have tried this on the n00biest of the n00b, and even they can get out. It has been tried on me, and I punished the f^ck out of my opponent using Luigi's double sh arials.
Unless there's sometin idk, this tech seems pretty strait-forward.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
First of all, this tech will only work on certain chars. at certain %s. Second, you would have to be severely ******** or geriatric to get caught in this. There are too many ways out: any arials, cc, shield, shield grab, spot dodge, roll, wd out, parry, etc. All you are doing is repeated dash attacks, possibly dd into them... it's not that hard to pull off, nor is it that effective. I have tried this on the n00biest of the n00b, and even they can get out. It has been tried on me, and I punished the f^ck out of my opponent using Luigi's double sh arials.
not using mindgames

St. Viers

Smash Champion
have you read the thread?
question 1: do you use 1.0 or 1.2. if the latter, than it doesn't work

mindgames solve the rest. And the invincibility frame, for what you can't/don't want to mindgame. I think that if you can't do it, you don't have the mindgames :p And if you can beat it, then your opponents don't have the mindgames

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol, I tried this at my friend's house the other day...

*WoF's Friend1's Falcon, hitting him several times*
Friend1: Dude what the f*ck is this...why is this crap working?
Friend2: That is the stupidest mindgame ever, but it works.
Friend1: ...sh*t dude are you Windmilling me? *shieldgrabs*

It took him a while to catch on. It's weird that he didn't stop it earlier. I roffled my waffles.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
you werent WoF. you were just dash attacking. WoF cannot be shieldgrabbed, you got shieldgrabbed, so youw eren't WoF.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
the most amazing and insightful video ive ever seen. hats off to you sir for being the best f**kin samus in the milky way galaxy. hands down.

why is capcom so gaddaimn good at making music in the 80s??????

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
how many people can actually pull this off? the technical difficulty of WoF boggles me. thats some insane muscle memory

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
K, Aiko, you can't l-cancel a dash attack. second, there is no tech difficulty involved, it is just dash attacks in the quickest succession possible. Third: St. Viers, thanx, i do have 1.2, that's why it doesn't work (i guess). And finally: Renesor, ur absolutely correct, n00bs should not be allowed to post in here. Please, if you know what your talking about, post. If you need a question answered, post in the form of a question. This message brought to you by nc1, your friendly neighborhood, WV hick smasher.

Zink

Smash Champion
WoF is not just dash attacking, obviously. If you can't mindgame it up it's pointless. With mindgames it's an uber technique. Obviously it also takes a certain amount of skill to use the mindgames, which can be difficult to time and predict.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
...wow, whats with all the stupid people in this thread.

It's obviously a uber-tech that takes skills to use. It works on a n00b v. n00b, intermediate v interediate, and good v good. Of course, you need really good mind games (and ESP probably helps, or being a jedi), nut as ong as you are good enough, ( know when invincibility frame comes up, how soon oyu can turn, and the technical aspects of the move) you can counter someone with worse mind games. If not...well then they out-mind-game you, and you have to wait until you can try again...

I do think that if you are that good at playing, you don't have better things to be doing, and things that may or may not be banned.

However, to appease the skeptic that I am, could someone who is good at it (Cra$h, eg) play a game specifically to prove that it works? I'm not saying this isn't real, (I think it is real, and if not well I don't care..its so simple-seeming--which is why so many people have an adverse reaction to it)

Until I gain those skillz, I'm sticking with Doc, trying to come up with an infinite combo involving pills and D-smash. I can throw the pill, downsmash them into it, maybe twice, but then I mess up how I hit them with the next downsmash... but when I gain the mindgames/tech/and skills to do that, I'll switch to Samus

and about postcount: having a low postcount may not mean you suck. Having a high postcount does mean that you know something, especially if you have a secial title next to your name. Of course, I've been part of some pretty tight schemes among the elite of my forum, but still...
so people still don't get its just a mindgame huh? i've done this to my friends before...its just mindgames....lmao

Aiko

Smash Champion
K, Aiko, you can't l-cancel a dash attack. second, there is no tech difficulty involved, it is just dash attacks in the quickest succession possible. Third: St. Viers, thanx, i do have 1.2, that's why it doesn't work (i guess). And finally: Renesor, ur absolutely correct, n00bs should not be allowed to post in here. Please, if you know what your talking about, post. If you need a question answered, post in the form of a question. This message brought to you by nc1, your friendly neighborhood, WV hick smasher.
I am FULLY aware of what you can and can't do. Do not treat me like a n00b just because my post count is low. I am fully aware of all advanced techniques and if you can't tell, the technique is a joke, so why are you even taking it seriously? Seems like YOU'RE the n00b here since you cant tell its a joke.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
what is your problem aiko? only noobs would waste their time making videos of techniques that didn't work. are you saying crashman is a noob? And you thought you could l-cancel a dash attack? clearly you haven't read the samus stickies... 36 posts? what a joke.

Aiko

Smash Champion
My problem is that you have taken me for a n00b. I know L-cancels only apply to aerials, it was said as a joke. As for the windmill of fury, its JUST a repeated dash attack. How can WoF be a genuine technique? a simple way to stop it is SHL (falcos).

I'm not saying crashman is a n00b, infact I am fully aware of his status as a recognised smasher. But no I do not read the samus stickies, as I am not a samus player. I merely stumbled upon this topic and assumed it was a joke.

And yes people do make joke videos.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
what is your problem aiko? only noobs would waste their time making videos of techniques that didn't work. are you saying crashman is a noob? And you thought you could l-cancel a dash attack? clearly you haven't read the samus stickies... 36 posts? what a joke.
... Do you actually think that post count has anything to do with ability of actual play? If you do your the noob, allright. I and my crew have disowned you...I hope your happy ( thats a whole 4 people who've disowned you).

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
I am FULLY aware of what you can and can't do. Do not treat me like a n00b just because my post count is low. I am fully aware of all advanced techniques and if you can't tell, the technique is a joke, so why are you even taking it seriously? Seems like YOU'RE the n00b here since you cant tell its a joke.
actually its just mindgames...many things are possible with mindgames... depends on your opponent though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom