• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink

Smash Champion
Well, it depends on who has a hit. If it's Sheik, she can theoretically stall infinitely, although it's difficult in practice. If it's Samus, then it's a stock anyway.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
arrowhead...no...you don't begin the WMOF until after the needles go past you...the WMOF begins when you reach your opponent. If you deflect/dodge the group of needles, and begin, and shiek tries to hit you with one, you can eat it with the invincibility frame.
after the shiek dies though you'd have to stop the wof

arrowhead

Smash Ace
now that i think of it, you can also end it with falco by DIing away from the stage when hit and fire a laser level to the stage once you get hit off

Zink

Smash Champion
Wrong, the invincibility frame takes care of lasers, and you can easily follow Falco to the edge and pressure him with mindgames.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
you're missing a key component to the WMOF arrowhead, you must impliment mindgames to start it, with out them it is much harder to start the initial rotation ( of the windmill). Falco could shield, falco could foward mash, falco could sidestep. It's your job as a Samus to see when that's coming and then start the WMOF.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
no i'm not. if you read my post about falco, you would know that if wof didn't cancel out the laser (my mistake, it does), it would have worked no matter how good her mindgames are. and shiek can stop it with her needles after she dies, no matter how good samus's mindgames are. this is assuming the samus continues her wof after shiek's death though, which is stupid and unrealistic, but so is perfect mindgames

Zink

Smash Champion
You don't need perfect mindgames, just good ones. There's no reason to WoF after someone has died, either. That would be like Fox still JCing shines after the opponent was killed. No point.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
the point i am trying to prove is that if played perfectly, wof can't last forever like JCing shines against a wall. so it's not a true infinate. and for wof to work, you do need perfect mindgames and perfect timing

hmm actually fox's infinates don't work on some characters too. so nvm my new point is that this move isn't unstoppable

psicicle

Smash Ace
I need a math lesson... I can't integrate/antidifferentiate e^(x^2)

help me a feel like a super noobie.

by the way, WMOF has 2 invincible frames... you guys need some AR quick

tsetse

Smash Lord
Ok so you dash attack left and then initiate the WOF at any step after words or what? I keep trying to do it but my friends just jump out of it. I don't get.

Zink

Smash Champion
It's not a joke, you just need to practice. It's difficult to master both the mindgames and timing aspects in a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom