• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus boards combo vid

Jasona

Smash Ace
i don't have enough footage to create my own combo vid, so i want yours. i've seen some other combo vids with the kind of footage i'm looking for, so i know its out there.
i want to use this song because samus is always being knocked on (not gonna get us). i could use some advice on how to organize the clips around the music
in addition to making samus look amazing, i think the vid will be educational. showing some basic combos that aspiring samus players should learn.
i'd also like to amass alot of footage of the same combo being done to several different chars at varying %. i want to make a vid for each combo to easily show what the % range is for those combos

so far, these are the combos that i know generally work, not sure of the %
zair/homing-DA-jab, zair/homing-DA-jab-dtilt, zair/homing-DA-jab-dtilt+up+b (50-80%) (multijabs are also nice)
zair/homing-DA-up+b
zair/homing-grab/dthrow-dashing/sliding up+b, homing-grab/dthrow-up+b (especially if they try to airdodge after the dthrow)

haven't figured out how these combos work yet (situation wise)
DA-jab-fsmash/dsmash
dair/zair tripping- semi-infinite jab - finish
semi-infinite jab against wall
ledge canceled up+b combos
battlefield multizair (3+) off platforms
unfinished uair

any help/advice/footage is welcome. i'm especially interested in getting footage of DA-jab-dtilt/fsmash/dsmash and zair-DA-up+b. there is a link to my old combo vid in my sig. although i've lost all of that footage.

EDIT - here is a link to my newest footage

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Someone should get jasona to write something about pit. lol, id be interested to hear his opinion/tips.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And id suggest going to the video thread, watching some vids, and request to use some combos you like from them. If something like this is REALLY what youd wanna do.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
i love that song not gonna get us. its perfect for samus too. ill see what i can do with footage, can i send you some via Wii?

Jasona

Smash Ace
i love that song not gonna get us. its perfect for samus too. ill see what i can do with footage, can i send you some via Wii?
i almost never turn on my wii. i often just use undrs'. could you upload it to some internet storage/transfer/sharing thingy? if not, i might be able to convince undr to free up some space on his wii and you could send the footage that way

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
yea if you want some of my footage i'll send it through wii replays if thats alright.

Jasona

Smash Ace
Was this supposed to be different from your vid that was on there before?
it includes the old footage along with another minute of new footage of the same or similar combos

i've been rewatching it, studying the % range of the DA-jab-dtilt combo, the damage range of each move and wondering if i'll ever come up with a combo that does more damage than a single charge blast... or ends in one. jab to charge blast? is it even fast enough?
saw that in one of the clips i started the DA-jab-dtilt combo at 30%, but i get the feeling that he DI'd the DA up and that the combo couldn't normally start below 40. then again, if jab-swipe (AA) counts as two different moves or if i always start the combo with a zair, then zair-DA-jab-swipe can be done (i think) somewhere under 30. i've tried starting the DA-jab part too early before and i knew i'd never be able to do anything after the jab, but the swipe just might work. i need to get some footage of that too. is there anything that can be done after the swipe?
need to think of combos that don't stale kill moves. replacing dtilt/fsmash with dsmash/up+b
jabbing my opponent is very common. wonder if i can find a way to start a combo from a jab.
plus there will always be a need for high % combos and death combos. especially high % combos that refresh kill moves

list of amazing i need to pull against undr next time we play
jab-charge blast
low % DA-jab-swipe
jab-fair
jab-unfinished uair-up+b
jab-forward facing bair (how far into someone do i need to be to hit with this type of bair)
jab-dash grab (falling height? high/low %?)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
jab -> sh uair nair -> grab -> dthrow -> bomb if they dodge right away -> whatever

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Jasona have you seen Ismar's Uair across the stage to spike on dryn? Not sure if it counts as a combo, and it might be DI'able, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Jasona have you seen Ismar's Uair across the stage to spike on dryn? Not sure if it counts as a combo, and it might be DI'able, but it was awesome nonetheless.
Ugh. -_- Don't bring that up. I don't know what I was doing. If you do, I'll want mine where I fight IsmaR.

Jasona

Smash Ace
decided to review your replays on my wii. anybody want to share how i can setup my wii to recieve replays?

jab -> sh uair nair -> grab -> dthrow -> bomb if they dodge right away -> whatever
sounds crazy situational. i prefer simple and universal

point me to a vid

Ugh. -_- Don't bring that up. I don't know what I was doing. If you do, I'll want mine where I fight IsmaR.
its like i always tell undr, a combo is a combo even if you were gay to fall into it. if its a combo, nice. though it doesn't sound like its a combo

Jasona

Smash Ace
undr explained the replay transfer thing to me, so i found my wii number and brawl FC and posted them in my profile. any1 who wants to throw replays at me may now PM me saying they would like to do so and we'll get the ball rolling

Top Bottom