• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Basics

GandalfOfWhite

Smash Rookie
I can't help you with the SWD. It's all been said, it's about timing and practice. FF however stands for Fast Falled.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
GandalfOfWhite said:
I can't help you with the SWD. It's all been said, it's about timing and practice. FF however stands for Fast Falled.

Ok. Thanks for the help anyways...But can you atleast describe what it looks like?

PolyCabeza

Smash Apprentice
Maelstrom said:
Ok. Thanks for the help anyways...But can you atleast describe what it looks like?
looks like you're standing still... with one slide bringing you across final destination from one edge to the other, if pulled off correctly.

CStick

Smash Lord
One thing that I found from experience is that playing Samus at a 1337 level comes to you easier if you are black. Seriously, the closer to Brooklyn or Compton you live, the sexier and l337er your Samus is. Why? Because sexy gangsta'ness is Samus's key necessity. Without it, you have a nonsexy Samus. :laugh:

Joker

Smash Ace
:embarrass Ok....I admit it.....it's true....just look at me and Wes for instance.... :embarrass

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the only thing joker is king of, is sucking at teams :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
im going with the flow and trying to master samus (like every other smasher in the world now). when its ready im comin for you joker man, youre name is quite fitting, considering watching your samus makes me laugh. :chuckle: :chuckle:

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
PolyCabeza said:
looks like you're standing still... with one slide bringing you across final destination from one edge to the other, if pulled off correctly.
Thanks for that..now I know what its supposed to look like, I just need to know the timing because I NEVER get it :cry: :( :)

The_Krumber

Smash Journeyman
HugS said:
i live 30 minutes from compton.
i live an hour and a half from hugz, lol

so, i guess me being mexican, persian, german and english makes me black :)

Jasona

Smash Ace
I finished my vid on shuffling missles, its not of great quality, but it gets the point across. Its called "Jasona (samus) - shuffling missles" and its on the hub. I plan on making another short vid displaying wavebombing, but that'll have to wait until I can actually do it nearly as well as I can shuffle missles.

EDIT --- presently, I can only do large WDs from a bomb, I need to learn to do really small ones

Jasona

Smash Ace
I was thinking about adding a list of people who main as samus to the first post. I'd also like to include what state they live in, just for reference. I've already started the list, feel free to correct me if I get anything wrong or post additions.

gunhoe86

Smash Rookie
Silver Sytos said:
What does the superwavedash look like? In battlefield I tried it, I laid a bomb, moved left, laid another bomb, then moved right, on top of the first bomb, then immediately tapped left, and I ZOOMED to the left, it was so fast… I couldn’t do it again though… Is that what the superwavedash is supposed to look like?
So I found a video on the net of a guy doing what appears to be this SWD, but right before the last bomb exploded, he grabbed a hammer a was shot across the screen with the hammer in hand, knocking 3 opponents out for good. Has anyone ever attempted this? He also grabbed the hammer and threw it, using this technique, not the head of the hammer but the whole thing. He was able to hold the hammer while bouncing around using bombs, and do the pillar of fire while holding the hammer and drop it onto opponents. Anyone seen this have any clues as to how it works? I haven't had the chance to try it myself, just wondering if anyone else has....

EDIT: I've got a vid of it on the hub. The vid title is Samus Hammer Trick, check it out.

~JOSH

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
Wait... I was doing some training in Training Mode, and I think I found something.

Ok, I am not sure if I can do this again, altough I have been trying.

Ok, well my opponent was Bowser. I grabbed him with the Grapple, threw him up,
And right when I got right under him, I pressed in this order super-duper fast:

X
A
Up on Stick (Not C Stick)
Z

It immediatly did the Spin attack, and I heard the sound, but it immediatly skipped the animation, did the damage, and instantly, I had Bowser in my Grapplng Hook. I then threw him for a KO.

Ill try to do this again, and see if it works.

EDIT:

Wow! I did it again. Coolness.

stalfos

Smash Journeyman
I dont think it's pretty smart to finish a combo with Samus Uair, it's not a move that normally kill the opponents unless they have much %... And yeah, I normally end combos with either F-smash or D-air.

shadow963

Smash Rookie
I use The Meteor Smash in Every Battle! My opponents never expect it because its so fast! They always wait for me to fall on them so they can smash up me. Meteor Smash Rules : D

l)evilishSamus_420

Smash Rookie
I'm having lots of trouble with the double missile. I can't seem to get even close to firing two missiles before i hit the ground. After I fire my first missile after jumping, it's like there is a huge lag and I can't press forward B again for a second. By the time I can press forward B again I'm on the ground. I've also found that when I try to wall jump into a missile, there is extreme lag after i fire that missle and i can't do anything for AT LEAST 1 whole second. Is there any solution to this lag?

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
i end combo's with samus's sex kick or the Fsmash. this list of phrases, it is... cool, at the least, but oh well. combo's for samus are fun, esecially when u can spam Smash Missles Intelligently.

i think u just have to do it fast enough, and jumping up isn't always the best way. i think it also must be either tilt missle>smash missle, or the other way around, not both of one of them.

RapE

Smash Ace
Anyone got a spare brain I can borrow? No? Oh well, I'll just keep using this potato then.

SFgeoff

Smash Rookie
are there any video examples of these? that would be very helpful for people like me who are eager to learn more about samus =)

Bridget_n_Roger

Smash Rookie
thanx alot for this, du u think that u can post something for how to make samus more lethal in the air when at mid and close range with her opponents, cuz poople r smart enuff to not stay below sam out of consideration of her dair, i need more uses for her fair n her uair doesnt work too well for me as much as a luv samus. also i'm having trouble with my WOPin' cousin and his stupid Jiggly (i'm not h8in' jes frustrated) thankies

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Well maybe alot of people know this .... but I've found a faster way of extending the grapple beam..... if you run and then do the extended grapple beam buttons....it takes alot less effort..if there are faster and better ways to this please let me know.. :laugh:

ak47

Smash Journeyman
well i guess cool but got any thing eles cause i need to know how to use samus with out any extreme flaw (which i have only a little cause of the flaw where i dont smash but still do pretty good ) i dont know where to fit it in and wish i had a vid so i can show my matches but dont

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
ak47 said:
well i guess cool but got any thing eles cause i need to know how to use samus with out any extreme flaw (which i have only a little cause of the flaw where i dont smash but still do pretty good ) i dont know where to fit it in and wish i had a vid so i can show my matches but dont
Well what you could do....is download samus vids...watch the samus carefully and try see what she does and why...thats how I did it..or you could play the computer and try to mimic what they did in the vid....cuz that could help show u why they did what they did...umm...aside from that..Im not sure what else is there...you could try to learn the super wave dash while u are still finding other ways to improve on ur samus... :psycho:

Jasona

Smash Ace
I haven't played since sept. 05. I'm so out of it that I had to read my own thread to remember how to play samus. I remember the last thing I was working on... double jumping and FFing into a WD, WDing from a sheild and a bomb, and... WOW, I just remembered l-canceling. All I need now is a controller and remembering the good times will be useful.

Scrub Jasona's friendly advice--> Even though you're likely to hear/read this anywhere, I'd like to repeat it: Master the basics. That doesn't include everything in the first post of this thread. Concepts like the SWD, shuffled missle, pillar of fire, dual missle jump, and especially the FF dual missle jump (thats just a nightmare, especially if its not possible) will not save you as many wasted frames and/or be as generally useful as the basics.
I'm not entirely sure what the basics are, so perhaps we should start a long a ridiculous debate over what to include and what to exclude.

general basics -> WD, CC, DI, tech, l-cancel
samus basics -> missle-cancel, bomb recovery, sweetspot the edge (up+b & grapple)
not basic ->dual missle jump, shuffled missle, SWD
I know there are more, I just don't remember them

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I think the most basic thing is getting your missile timing down. Ledge hopped smash missiles every now and then at point blank, smash missiles in charged beam shots, smash missiles in aerials, reverse misiles, smash missiles into basic combos... Missiles are the most important thing to me.

I think the only thing I use wavedashing for, is when I'm doing the shield wavedashing and just some quick movement everynow and then. It's hard to wavedash with this controller so i don't spam it. >_>

supernova63

Smash Journeyman
of these mentioned by jasona i know how to do

general basics -> WD, CC, DI, tech, l-cancel
samus basics -> missle-cancel, bomb recovery, sweetspot the edge (up+b & grapple)
not basic ->dual missle jump, shuffled missle, SWD
I know there are more, I just don't remember them[/QUOTE]

supernova63

Smash Journeyman
dam didnt kno how to do a quote but anyway
i can wave dash missle cancel bomb recovery swd
i dont kno the res can som1 plz tell me wut they do and how to do them?

ak47

Smash Journeyman
MLRS said:
what the hell? how can there be so much debate over this
look, using all your jumps is called triple jumping. with the first jump being your ground jump, your second jump being your air jump, and your third jump being your up b. thus the up b is the third jump, so you see why using third jump for anything else wouldn't work. thats why i propose the jumping by using the grapple be called a ......GRAPPLE JUMP!!!!!! can anyone find any flaw in this logic? cause i sure can't.
this is called an attack not a third jump using the up be and only three characters in the game have a third jump. samus,link,and young link. they have a third jump because of the ability to grapple with the claw and grapple beam. by using these they can do the third jump. there is no logic in calling the screw attack a third jump cause never once does a character have the ability to grapple the edge as soon as grppled press z again and then jump which give you the ability to do the screw attack after wards so that would be know as four jumps you say the screw attack is the third jump but then why can it be used last explain that. the screw attack is and attack.

super nova do not double post edit your comments. and also if someone has something to put on your thing about being a good samus they can place what moves can be learned for samus there.

Top Bottom