• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Advice/Questions Topic.

Underdog985

Smash Rookie
I'm no0bing it up with Samus. Havn't been playing long enough to be considered ...an opponent. Been trying to main samus for about a month now. How effective is a triple missle and any tips to doing it. I'm starting to learn the double missile and can do about 4 in a row. But the triple missle just doesnt seem right. When i see the videos it seems the second missle is much higher then the first but when i try they seem to end up at the same height. Any tips?

Underdog985

Smash Rookie
Don't use it. Takes way to long especially because of how high in the air you are.
Thought as much, I was just thinkin of spamming it against people who are trying to recover. Other then that, It does seem to waste time.

Also, im having trouble thinkin of combos to get some really good dmg in the beginning. Best i do is just Ftilt and Uair and sometimes end up bring em bak down with a Fair and rinse and repeat. Even Fun(er) if you have a charged. But then again...i'm still no0b. Maybe i need to read more.

Got any good chains tha have a really high % of workin?

AIDS

Smash Lord
Thought as much, I was just thinkin of spamming it against people who are trying to recover. Other then that, It does seem to waste time.

Also, im having trouble thinkin of combos to get some really good dmg in the beginning. Best i do is just Ftilt and Uair and sometimes end up bring em bak down with a Fair and rinse and repeat. Even Fun(er) if you have a charged. But then again...i'm still no0b. Maybe i need to read more.

Got any good chains tha have a really high % of workin?
samus has a lot of good ways to spam, watch phannas video on youtube, watch "Enter the samus" and you will see a lot of cool tricks, and education on how to perform them will be found on these forums, you just gotta look for them, or ask questions on this thread here.

double missle is good and way more consistant then tripple, tripple is stupid.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, i was just wondering how u feel about rainbow cruise as a counter pick with samus? i mean missiles are great there and the ceiling is only low is some spots. what are ur thoughts?

also, pros and cons to teaming with a falco? and what is a nice counterpick stage for the samus/falco team? i was considering pokemon stadium or rainbow cruise cuz i know thats a really good falco stage

Underdog985

Smash Rookie
Thanx AIDS for a video to look at.

My Samus game has improved alot. If only I could make it a habit of L-Cancelling :{ (stupid shield grabs get me every single time.) I been playing my bro's Dr. Mario who has good technique. His pill wall baits me into jumping into him and I seem to notice how bad I edgegaurd because he can cape my spam (his cape seems to last longer then the animation). My only advantage is mind games, it seems until I get better with cancelling and wave dashing, i can only do so much. Also, his Nair beats my nair which gets me.

I guess what I wanna focus first is Edgeguarding. Normally I run out there with Nairs (Doc beats mine) or spam missles (or both), but wid Doc (or general edge guarding), i need some tips.

yoshis down b owns

Smash Cadet
bombing out of shield is ok but i perfer to sex kick or up b. bombing onto thier shield is definitlly something ur going to want to look for though. i leads nicely into a down air or if u wave bomb u can down smash and it will hit under their shield

AIDS

Smash Lord
bombing out of shield is ok but i perfer to sex kick or up b. bombing onto thier shield is definitlly something ur going to want to look for though. i leads nicely into a down air or if u wave bomb u can down smash and it will hit under their shield
yes if anyone is putting presure on ur sheild up B out of should is your best plan unless it is captain falcon. if u Dair someones sheild, try to L cancle into a bomb, and use the bomb jump to try to get another good hit, this is the samus way to put on sheild presure! lol

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
i dont think the dsmash hits under the shield. i like to bomb out of my shield, just to mess around like in friendlies and whatnot. jump out of shield, bomb twice, land with a dair behind their shield, and do whatever the hell u want from there, knowing that their shield is down to like a fourth of what it is normally lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hey guys, i was just wondering how u feel about rainbow cruise as a counter pick with samus? i mean missiles are great there and the ceiling is only low is some spots. what are ur thoughts?

also, pros and cons to teaming with a falco? and what is a nice counterpick stage for the samus/falco team? i was considering pokemon stadium or rainbow cruise cuz i know thats a really good falco stage
I wouldn't do it >_>. Samus can be laser spammed to death by the spacies on that stage...and it's not to great vs anyone else. I tried counter-picking it against Wobbles in tournament a long time ago and got 3 stocked by his IC's where I only got 1 stocked on neutral stages.

Falco is not as good in teams as he is in singles. Peach/Fox/Shiek/Puff are all better as well as probably Marth. It's hard for falco to get kills and he dies really fast. Some of the cons are that he is good at saving his teammate with lasers and his combos can be quick >_>.

As for a counterpick stage with Falco/Samus...I would say FD :). Samus dies too fast on stadium :(.

Watty

Smash Lord
hylian i disagree with almost that entire post i will post my thoughts later i have to go to class

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I have some kinda vague questions. I've just started picking up samus. What is the best style to play samus. Should you not approach at all? When should you missile spam? What are her best edgeguards? I can't really edgeguard with samus :urg:. I can get grabs but I don't really know what throws to do except dthrow to nair on some characters I'm guessing. Which way do you throw fastfallers for example. Last but not least- down B what the heck do you do with these weird bombs????????

Thanks in advance (you don't have to answer them all)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian i disagree with almost that entire post i will post my thoughts later i have to go to class
I just have bad experiences on rainbow cruise as samus :(. Who could she counterpick it against?

Also, Falco is not top tier material in teams. He just isn't. Sure, he is good in teams...but Fox/Shiek/Falcon/Peach/Puff are all better.

VA

Smash Hero
I have some kinda vague questions. I've just started picking up samus. What is the best style to play samus. Should you not approach at all? When should you missile spam? What are her best edgeguards? I can't really edgeguard with samus :urg:. I can get grabs but I don't really know what throws to do except dthrow to nair on some characters I'm guessing. Which way do you throw fastfallers for example. Last but not least- down B what the heck do you do with these weird bombs????????

Thanks in advance (you don't have to answer them all)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

AIDS

Smash Lord
I just have bad experiences on rainbow cruise as samus :(. Who could she counterpick it against?

Also, Falco is not top tier material in teams. He just isn't. Sure, he is good in teams...but Fox/Shiek/Falcon/Peach/Puff are all better.
lmao i recall Wes vs Vidjo on that stage, i hate it when noobs pick bad/unbanned levels that should be, some levels are just SO BAD!

but yeah if you can't fight on that stage ur pretty noob i guess =P

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
why should the cruise be banned? just cuz its moving? i think its a fine stage and pc used to use it as a counterpick sometimes when he played falco so i doubt its a "noob only counterpick stage"

Bullet bill- i think he said lol cuz u have like a bizillion posts so it would make sense that u would have a solid understanding of samus. there is a link to the samus threads thread in the samsu playerfind thread. that will answer your questions if your starting from scratch pickin up samus. or search youtube.com for mission briefing

AIDS

Smash Lord
why should the cruise be banned? just cuz its moving? i think its a fine stage and pc used to use it as a counterpick sometimes when he played falco so i doubt its a "noob only counterpick stage"

Bullet bill- i think he said lol cuz u have like a bizillion posts so it would make sense that u would have a solid understanding of samus. there is a link to the samus threads thread in the samsu playerfind thread. that will answer your questions if your starting from scratch pickin up samus. or search youtube.com for mission briefing
because it takes long, it has unfair advantages for other charecters, the fact it is moving is not the huge idea, it is the fact that most stages that are acceptable in counterpicking do not have a HUGE advantage, but they do have an advantage, but a stage like that with platforms, and floors disapearing could have a huge fluke effect added to the game, it is not fair to have a stage like that, just like hyrule temple is banned...ALL FOR GOOD REASON!

VA

Smash Hero
I lol @ bulletbill because he spends so much time asking for advice on boards. It's not the way to get good imo. Stick with Doc, you've spent 800+ posts querying him, I don't particularly want you to see asking 800+ questions on Samus when it's simple to just learn the basics and play to find out what's best for youself.

On a tangent, I did the coolest thing in a match vs another samus the other day. On PS I did a MC cancel on the platforms, Smash missle and homing. The other samus jumped up, got hit by the smash and then the homer straight away after which obviously got rid of the knockback, during which I dropped through the platform and sex kicked. This all happened in like 1 second. Looked amazing.

Watty

Smash Lord
I wouldn't do it >_>. Samus can be laser spammed to death by the spacies on that stage...and it's not to great vs anyone else. I tried counter-picking it against Wobbles in tournament a long time ago and got 3 stocked by his IC's where I only got 1 stocked on neutral stages.

Falco is not as good in teams as he is in singles. Peach/Fox/Shiek/Puff are all better as well as probably Marth. It's hard for falco to get kills and he dies really fast. Some of the cons are that he is good at saving his teammate with lasers and his combos can be quick >_>.

As for a counterpick stage with Falco/Samus...I would say FD :). Samus dies too fast on stadium :(.
aiiight cruise is not bad for samus its just not good either, i wouldnt ban it vs any1 but i would have to really think about counter picking it on someone maybe a jiggs.

falco on teams is better with samus than peach, puff and marth peach u may live for forever but u wont kill alot of stuff, puff u cant do grab rests easily and helping ur partner is harder, and marth he juss takes up to much space with the sword.

falco combos like achamp can finish kills easily can control the stage while ur off of it so u can come back, all u have to do is watch him sooo that means be a good teamate and save him when he is gonna get gimped, which is easy with samus either bomb them up b them or forward air them OR homing missile OR mini charge shot.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
yeah i totally agree. its the best ive ever placed when i teamed with wuwu last tourney. i think the samus falco team flows nicely together. i think hylian is right about fd. i never thought about going there cuz i'd never counterpick that in a singles match

AIDS

Smash Lord
yeah i totally agree. its the best ive ever placed when i teamed with wuwu last tourney. i think the samus falco team flows nicely together. i think hylian is right about fd. i never thought about going there cuz i'd never counterpick that in a singles match
samus is so hard to play in teams! samus is to slow to pick her opponent, and during ur recovery your partner will most likly be double teamed, samus in teams is so ********!:mad:

Watty

Smash Lord
than u dont know how to play her in teams, if ur partner is double temaed that means u dont have to worry about sweet spotting the ledge or anything juss get back on it as fast as possible makes it easy for u. double teaming is hard to do unless ur grabbing the person because u dont want to hit ur partner. peach si slow but is good in teams, samus has projectiles and if u team witht he same person alot ur partner will kno when u will be shooting missiles and u can develop strats with them on stages.

stage selection is hard u should never always pick a certain stage it depends on ur opponent, if ur playing a double fox dont go fd if ur playng a marth iwouldn again suggest no FD u can get chain grabbed and fox can run all over the place. stadium i think is good falcos love the stage u can missile cancel there platforms help in most situations, and dreamland can be good 2. but again it depends on who ur playing

AIDS

Smash Lord
than u dont know how to play her in teams, if ur partner is double temaed that means u dont have to worry about sweet spotting the ledge or anything juss get back on it as fast as possible makes it easy for u. double teaming is hard to do unless ur grabbing the person because u dont want to hit ur partner. peach si slow but is good in teams, samus has projectiles and if u team witht he same person alot ur partner will kno when u will be shooting missiles and u can develop strats with them on stages.

stage selection is hard u should never always pick a certain stage it depends on ur opponent, if ur playing a double fox dont go fd if ur playng a marth iwouldn again suggest no FD u can get chain grabbed and fox can run all over the place. stadium i think is good falcos love the stage u can missile cancel there platforms help in most situations, and dreamland can be good 2. but again it depends on who ur playing
i know of that, but lets say there is certain match ups, samus is to slow on the stage to pick who she fights, if both opponents are faster, like falcon and fox, i wanna fight fox, but they can choose, cause i can not oout run them so easy, i normally place top 4 or 5 in doubles, once and a while is a good time to use samus, but mostly charecters like fox, falcon, falco, and sheik are the ones who dominate in teams

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I lol @ bulletbill because he spends so much time asking for advice on boards. It's not the way to get good imo. Stick with Doc, you've spent 800+ posts querying him, I don't particularly want you to see asking 800+ questions on Samus when it's simple to just learn the basics and play to find out what's best for youself.

On a tangent, I did the coolest thing in a match vs another samus the other day. On PS I did a MC cancel on the platforms, Smash missle and homing. The other samus jumped up, got hit by the smash and then the homer straight away after which obviously got rid of the knockback, during which I dropped through the platform and sex kicked. This all happened in like 1 second. Looked amazing.
V.A, wtf are you on about? So beacuse I've posted 800+ that means all I do is ask for advice on the boards?- not rly. And that was my first post asking for advice on the samus thread am I not allowed to post or something? I am sticking with Doc btw but I'm learning how to play samus :ohwell: big deal

VA

Smash Hero
lol, I've seen countless threads made by you in the doc/marth and like every sub forum under the sun. Do what you will. But i'll say this: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

AIDS

Smash Lord
you should read "afetrmath's guide to samus" before anything, and possably some other threads, and send in a video to the "get your video critiqued" thread made by CoreyGames, we will do our best to improve your gameplay.

VA

Smash Hero
Samus isn't worth seconding anyways, it's not like you'll be like: "ooh I'll whip out the old Samus". It's like Samus is my main, she's hot stuff and I'll be sticking to her fine booty like glue.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Samus isn't worth it anyways, it's not like you'll be like: "ooh I'll whip out the old Samus". It's like Samus is my main, she's hot stuff and I'll be sticking to her fine booty like glue.
I think a better ending to that simile would be "like fine leopard-skin spandex."

But perhaps being referred to as feminine clothing isn't your thing.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
so you just tap Down after jab to get an effective Jab Cancle?

i thought you had to be rising from a crouch or somthing.

Jab cancel is basicly crouch canceling after a jab. You have to press A and then down, then watch carefully, and as soon as samus starts her crouching animation press A again to cancel it into a jab, then repeat it again (sorta like multishining, X,B,X,B; in this case it is: A,down,A,down...)

At first you'll be messing up into d-tilts, but when you get the hang of it is quite easy. It can be used as a shield pressure method...... and maybe show off? it isn't that hard to do I'll not be impressed at all...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jab cancel is basicly crouch canceling after a jab. You have to press A and then down, then watch carefully, and as soon as samus starts her crouching animation press A again to cancel it into a jab, then repeat it again (sorta like multishining, X,B,X,B; in this case it is: A,down,A,down...)

At first you'll be messing up into d-tilts, but when you get the hang of it is quite easy. It can be used as a shield pressure method...... and maybe show off? it isn't that hard to do I'll not be impressed at all...
Actually, you can just hold down and away. You don't need to keep pressing down.

Top Bottom