• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Advice/Questions Topic.

AIDS

Smash Lord
i think when i watched it before, it was like (attempted wavedash Air dodge) then grapple + fast fall, ill try to learn it, looks funny.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ftilt is probably Samus' safest move. Missiles are also pretty safe and easy to spam.

Other than that, try sex kick or uairs to try to defend against stuff.

Rat

Smash Lord
Crouch cancel. Definitely the best spam for samus.

Also suggested:
marth's forward smash.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
^^Don't you like wavedash into the tree? And then you use a bomb? Idk. Thank you.

Hylian, advice would be appreciated from you too if you have any. Thanks :)
Sure, what did you want advice on?

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol marth Fsmash for samus would be a pretty good idea...samus would be pretty broken, i would rate samus's Fsmash for range and nock back pretty good though.

3Years

Smash Lord
samus has a good fsmash but is (imo) risky cuz its long and leaves u open so i suggest faster moves such as ftilt or dsmash rather than fsmash

AIDS

Smash Lord
samus has a good fsmash but is (imo) risky cuz its long and leaves u open so i suggest faster moves such as ftilt or dsmash rather than fsmash
yes but im sure marths has the same issue, as do most Fsmashes, but Samus's is very good, just like every smash atack you should not abusie it, unless it is downsmash and you are ppeach, that is a dif story. lol

mach5

Smash Journeyman
note! when i watch hugs vs ken. hugs ***** kens spacing but ken had the advantage over yoshis story.

hugs spacing was get enough space for the marth's fair to miss and he'd just hit them with a fsmash.

another thing. spot dodging is great for samus you can spot dodge downsmash a lot of the moves. or spotdodge fsmash. expecially on marths laggy fsmash

AIDS

Smash Lord
note! when i watch hugs vs ken. hugs ***** kens spacing but ken had the advantage over yoshis story.

hugs spacing was get enough space for the marth's fair to miss and he'd just hit them with a fsmash.

another thing. spot dodging is great for samus you can spot dodge downsmash a lot of the moves. or spotdodge fsmash. expecially on marths laggy fsmash
yeah thats good, but hugs is not crippled on yoshi's samus does well on it, samus + dreamland is over rated, samus likes far sids more then high roof, by a lot, she is more of a surviver from the side, not up high so much. but hugs did very well, but ken is still better, but i will give hugs credit for doing as well as he did, he is amazing.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
yeah thats good, but hugs is not crippled on yoshi's samus does well on it, samus + dreamland is over rated, samus likes far sids more then high roof, by a lot, she is more of a surviver from the side, not up high so much. but hugs did very well, but ken is still better, but i will give hugs credit for doing as well as he did, he is amazing.
The sides on yoshi's story are incredibly small, which is why samus is crippled. Small roof and smasll sides = bad for samus. The only reason i ever counter pick it is because I feel I can outplay most of my opponents that DO die along the sides and off the roof easily (Peach, Jiggly, Samus).

Dreamland is not overrated for samus.

AIDS

Smash Lord
yes hugs i understand that, but like samus can get gay kills aswell, most charecters can, but as we know our floaty friend samus is pretty good at that. Samus can still do stuff and play well on yoshi's though, but yes marth does have the advantage.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol, uh........stock canceling please? Or was I right? Thanks again.
As far as I can tell it's airdodging into the tree while grappling at a certain angle to make you fall through it.

Mephy

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain how to missile Cancel? I've used the search button, and I've pretty much read every post in this topic and no detailed explanation.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Can someone explain how to missile Cancel? I've used the search button, and I've pretty much read every post in this topic and no detailed explanation.
Its definitely posted everywhere and in Samus videos and such, but thats alright. All you need to do to missile cancel is fire a missile right before you touch the ground. What happens is that when you fire a missile low to the ground and then touch the ground after firing, your lag is significantly reduced from missile lag to landing lag. If you are too low, you will start the animation but wont actually launch a missile however.

AIDS

Smash Lord
mephy: the point is just like fox/falco's lasers, or sheiks needles, pergform the move right before you hit the ground, most of your lag will cancle, so you can missle again or do somthing else like dash atack, Fsmash, just about anything.

TehBaer

Smash Rookie
OK, so I'm trying the wall jump-missile-grapple wall thing... First of all, what's it's proper name? Does it have one? And second, I can't seem to do it more than once. My grapple beam just doesn't extend. Is this because I'm not timing it correctly, or is it that it's just not possible? Also, I try to grapple in the air, but sometimes just using Z doesn't work, and I end up doing aerial attacks. I'm having to air dodge/grapple to overcome this, is there any other way to?

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
You can only grapple once before touching the ground. Grabbing a ledge will renew your jumps, but not your grapple beam. The reason you use an aerial is because you have already used the grapple beam in the air and cant use it again.

Edit: oh, and I dont think it has a name, but you can always try and popularize one! :laugh:

AIDS

Smash Lord
OK, so I'm trying the wall jump-missile-grapple wall thing... First of all, what's it's proper name? Does it have one? And second, I can't seem to do it more than once. My grapple beam just doesn't extend. Is this because I'm not timing it correctly, or is it that it's just not possible? Also, I try to grapple in the air, but sometimes just using Z doesn't work, and I end up doing aerial attacks. I'm having to air dodge/grapple to overcome this, is there any other way to?
metroid 01 is 100% correct, also this wall jump missle, grapple edge is not a very good stratogy, it is easy, but not very useful, very predictable. I would advise to use other techniques.

3Years

Smash Lord
this is wut i like 2 do wen im on the edge:

while holding onto the ledge drop down but use your 2nd jump 2 jump up onto the map but waveland back onto the ledge and if opponent close enough most likely they'll try 2 attack and they should miss if you do it fast enough and this gives yourself enough time 2 attack them...

AIDS

Smash Lord
thats good, it is comen with a lot of charecters, so we are usto it in this area, marth is also someone who uses this technique.

AIDS

Smash Lord
koo koo its a fun mindgame...canada is a ways from cali
true, we have some good players, but cali has the best ones. but here in BC we have a very low count of noobs, there is a huge group of good, but not amazing smashers. but we have placed well in other tournaments in cali, WA, and others, for example in OC2 hitsuguya made top 25.

quebec is still #1 though.

i hope what are are saying is not the fact that "this is to good for us", it just can be predictable, im very sure we have much higher smashers then you, we are not like low....but US is huge number of people, so also a huge number of smashers, so more higher level people.

but i do not see how you are trying to connect this topic with your last one.

im sure we canadians surpass this technique, it still sometimes works but it is predicted by higher level.

Top Bottom