• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's Surprise: Sticker Shocker

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
Interesting concept; Don't know if I love it yet but I wonder just how important it will be for SSE.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
So who's that guy with the Green Hat?....I've noticed everyone except him.....I can't believe thhough there is a representation of Electroplankton in the game.....Volvoice is the sticker looking like a teardrop

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
This updates gets 6/5 stars. Can't wait to try this out. And I'm all for the idea of a vs. mode using them.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
So, you lose half of your sticker collection when you die. OH BOY MORE SPECULATION. Is it:

1) Half of your whole collection
2) Half of whats on your trophy base
3) Half of what you collected during the level

And nobody will know till its released. HA.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
So, you lose half of your sticker collection when you die. OH BOY MORE SPECULATION. Is it:

1) Half of your whole collection
2) Half of whats on your trophy base
3) Half of what you collected during the level

And nobody will know till its released. HA.
Probably collected during level or I WOULD BE ANGRY AS A ****** AMONG DWARFS

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully this wasn't already mentioned but..

Anyone notice the Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede icons on the Cell Phone sticker? I hate to point out the obvious, but I think they're the only ones who can use it.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
If you would have told me 3 months ago that Brawl would be an online 3D sidescrolling platformer action-adventure fighting RPG game, I would have called you crazy...but look at Brawl now :o.

I think this is a pretty awesome addition.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I really hope they have stickers that do other things than just raise abilities. Ex. use your double jump twice, stronger shield, roll further, attacks are faster, heal damage when you K.O. someone, clouds don't dissipate if you stand on them too long. ect.
This is more or less exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to see stickers that can give you any or all of these upgrades:

- stronger shield
- faster grabs
- greater throw range (maybe not as useful in SSE, but... who knows?)
- faster projectiles
- higher jumps
- faster movement

Maybe there could even be some see-saw stickers.. like something that boosts your standard attacks dramatically, at the expense of nerfing your special moves a bit. Who knows.

Like I said, this update is WIN.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
A big thing I'm wondering is if characters shown as a sticker are deconfirmed or not. The "biggest" non-confirmed character as a sticker is Bowser Jr... so I don't know. A lot of people were expecting him.
There was a Krystal sticker in one of the recent Brawl commercials.

The chances of Krystal being deconfirmed are...like...zero.

Trophies and stickers do not deconfirm anything.

dragonslayingmarth

Smash Cadet
they should seriously have a separate mode where u can use the stickers or something...so loooong after the game comes out wen the tiers have been basically 'decided' by tournament results, the more mature/experienced members of the community can decide to allow certain low-tiers to have certain powerups-stickers such that they are more playable yet not overpowered...but i guess that's sort of wishful thinking

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman

Notice the 3 % Clear after 1 level is done. That means SE likely has THIRTY THREE LEVELS.

OMG this update is so full of win it's not even funny. Stickers are no longer some useless, tacked-on update. They're yet ANOTHER new, innovative feature to this series.
seeing as you "pair up" in SSE, and if each character is only on one stage (for example if pit was only on the skyworld stage with mario and neither of them were on any others, correct me if im wrong if its been disproved). It would mean 60 characters if every character is in SSE. This is just an observation + hypothesis. Plz don't hate on me >< just tell me if you think its possible or not.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I hate RPGs. I won't be using these unless I absolutely have to; meaning, if I have to complete SSE on harder difficulties to unlock characters/stages/game-related options.

I have to say, although it's not my kind of thing, I'm bloody impressed Sakurai is squeezing so much out of this game. You could have handed it to me for £40 months and months ago and I would have been ecstatic. That perfect score from Famitsu is looking more and more well deserved.
kk go qq ina corner

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, i didnt expect that stickers was what he was talking about when he talked about powering up.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
this update is awesome...but wtf ...we're all gonna want to use sticker in regular battle sooner or later...and thats just gonna complicated everything don;tcha think!?

sigh

i like the idea...but it makes everything really complicated

sakurai is smart tho...keep it all seperate...but i can me wanting like a MEGA punch in regular brawl after playing SSE lol

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Hopefully this wasn't already mentioned but..

Anyone notice the Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede icons on the Cell Phone sticker? I hate to point out the obvious, but I think they're the only ones who can use it.
From the Dojo:

Also, some stickers can only be placed on certain characters.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
People actually thought collecting stickers was useless... lol
I thought they were a cool idea, and now here are some more.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

The Stickers make the game very similar to jump super stars with the comic strips at the bottom

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
seeing as you "pair up" in SSE, and if each character is only on one stage (for example if pit was only on the skyworld stage with mario and neither of them were on any others, correct me if im wrong if its been disproved). It would mean 60 characters if every character is in SSE. This is just an observation + hypothesis. Plz don't hate on me >< just tell me if you think its possible or not.
sorry if this turns out to be a double post but i think you will play with some characters more than once

johniam22

Smash Rookie
yes thank you Sakurai!! Now people can stop *****in' about stickers.This just proves he knows what he is doing.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I didn't know a game could be this perfect. but then again I play halo often.. which is far from perfection.

EDIT: Kingdom Hearts series is also perfection.. woah almost forgot.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Hello?""Hello?""Can you hear me?""Yes, I can. You're 'Millions', aren't you?""Hey, is this getting through? I ain't never usd one of these baby phone snails before... hello?"What is it...?""Oh. Okay, I'll just talk like this.""Hey!! Spit it out already!!""Oh, that voice... I've heard that voice before... Welcome, sir... This is the ****ty Restaurant."- One Piece

This is a great update! I never imagined that the stickers would have been used in this way! This will allow me to really bias my fights towards me! I thought that there would be a different story line for each character. This is probably not the case though. That would still be insane cool!!!

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure comes out sometime in the near future. Like in about 4 days!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-hryEOnhk&feature=related

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Wow. This is an amazing update. I thought it would be something a bit like this for powering up your character, but this goes beyond my expectations.

Now for the next matter . . . Meta Knight + resistance stickers + damage stickers = god?

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I like this update. I am very curious to see what characters are stickers. I am also very curious to know if Pokémon Trainer has 12 trophies or just 3. In melee each character had three trophies. One for Adventure mode, One for Classic and one for the other mode where you don't recover after each match. So I'm curious how many trophies each Playable Character has and if Pokémon Trainer has separate trophies for him and his Pokémon, or if he is on the stand together with his Pokémon. Also I'd like to see the special stickers for each character. I'm sure it has something to do with them personally. Like the Great Fox for Fox, or a Pokéball/ Gym Badge for PT.

Very Cool update, but raises alot of questions. Good stuff.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
They did say they wanted to improve on adventure mode, didn't they? I think this is definitely an interesting way to do add more depth to the game... How many different types of attacks do you think they're going to cover? Would a sword count as a Weapon or Slash attack? I noticed Arm, Leg, Weapon, Slash, Fire, Electric... I'm wondering if they also have Head, Tail, and Ice or something of that nature in there as well...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Attack stickers... huh, like in Contact. Too bad Atlus is 3rd party or I'd nominate Terry for that wacky game.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
I love this idea - It's awesome... But hell, when swapping between my SSE character and my Multiplayer Brawl main, he'll seem so weak. It's like how in Soul Calibur, you could use all the big powerful weapons in the adventure mode, but in good ol' Versus mode, you were limited to the base weapon for fairness sake. You'd seem like such a noob en comparison... Hassle.

Top Bottom