• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's Surprise: Sticker Shocker

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
This adds alot of depth to the adventure mode. I'm going to spend hours figuring what the best combination is :ohwell:

Thunderstorm

Smash Rookie
That's the thing though, how often do you think you'll get to swallow other characters in the midst of SSE mode? Or use final smashes? (I don't think we've seen any evidence of SSE Final Smashes)
Well, im pretty sure you'd be able to customize DURING the story... so if you know that you are playing a fire enemy in sse that's able to sucked up, and you're having trouble with him while playing w/ kirby, just stack on the fire stickers. if these stickers are not permanent (which i doubt they are) than it will add tons of variety to the way you play each level. About to play on a fire-based level? add some fire resistance stickers. About to play a humongous enemy that can knock you back easily? add some knockback resistance, and so forth. so it doesnt matter how often you see them, only if you have enough strategy to use them at the right times.

Id probably get 2-3 base stickers that fit my normal character perfectly, than add tons of other stickers that support this base, but these stickers will be disposable, so i would be able to interchange stickers to suit what best fits the following level.

something that I'm worried about with the stickers though, is when it says you will lose half of your stickers... what does it mean? half the stickers you've collected so far, or the stickers on your character? id be more PO'd if it was half the stickers on ur character.

I can't wait to stick on some of those stickers, this adds humongous strategy to an already
strategic game.

[EDIT] I'm pretty sure I just answered my own question....

Be prepared to lose half the stickers you collected.
In other words, it's probably not off the character... but still, the pictures almost seems like the stickers are falling OFF kirby... hmm...

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Never judge a sticker by its cover...

What I thought was the worst new addition in brawl is now amazing...

Although, i'm sad that you can't use stickers in other modes because it would make a great "special."

I wonder if this was the original plan for stickers or if it was later added on to make them useful...

Flipinogamer

Smash Cadet
The old one.

The new one.

yeah, u can pretty much see the difference.
I am glad that this power-up thing is only for SSE, if it was for all modes, then this game would be pretty messed up. O.o

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
This only makes me feel worse about the delay, i want brawl so badly :(

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
something that I'm worried about with the stickers though, is when it says you will lose half of your stickers... what does it mean? half the stickers you've collected so far, or the stickers on your character? id be more PO'd if it was half the stickers on ur character.

[EDIT] I'm pretty sure I just answered my own question....

In other words, it's probably not off the character... but still, the pictures almost seems like the stickers are falling OFF kirby... hmm...
You only took part of the quote:

Going back to a previously-completed stage and cranking the difficulty up for a second run is a good way to round out your sticker collection. But if you should lose and find yourself at the game over screen, be prepared to lose half the stickers you collected.
I think you only lose half of the stickers you collected during that stage run. As it specifically mentions playing through a stage to boost your collection, but then warns of the consequence of failing that stage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm guessing things are gonna get rough in Subspace. WHy else would there be sticker powerups?
I dont know. This depends on how much the powerups from the stickers help, like will there be some game-breaking sticker that makes you nigh-unstopable? Even in Intense?

user_name

Smash Apprentice
Wow. This is an amazing update. I thought it would be something a bit like this for powering up your character, but this goes beyond my expectations.

Now for the next matter . . . Meta Knight + resistance stickers + damage stickers = god?
Meta Knight + huge attack speed sticker = god

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm guessing that the Hookshot in the picture with the Megavitamin is going to be Grab Range,

Just a wild guess :p

Frogla

Smash Ace
That's the thing though, how often do you think you'll get to swallow other characters in the midst of SSE mode? Or use final smashes? (I don't think we've seen any evidence of SSE Final Smashes)

Oh but you forget Kirby can suck up items.

RebelKazumaru09

Smash Rookie
I hope this hasn't been said but I think there are character stickers that covers the whole trophy base, that gives some pretty awesome power-ups to that respective character !

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Maybe but the real question is are there any ones that are character specific that cover the entire base? That would be sick.

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been asked before, but who is the character above the Striker Koopa and beside the WW shield in the fist pic?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well i guess this puts to rest the whole custom moves rumor

this also adds challenge to the sse people can try to beat sse on higher difficulties without power ups or only a certain type of pow er up. wow this adds quite a bit to the game.

well i guess we got a reason for the first delay this would take alot of time.....

great update though

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
A big thing I'm wondering is if characters shown as a sticker are deconfirmed or not. The "biggest" non-confirmed character as a sticker is Bowser Jr... so I don't know. A lot of people were expecting him.
What about AC Human? He was shown, too.

GothGanon

Smash Rookie
stickers

Look at the bottom of some of the stickers, nothig right? WRONG! They have been edited not to show anyone EXCEPT the ones that have all the characters like the kirby ones. And when you look at the animal crossing sticker, YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING, so animal crossing character could be in.

Top Bottom