• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says...

Caael

Smash Lord
What's some of the worst things that could happen to Brawl?

THE WORST THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN

Sakurai "I think I'll have them unlock the last character by retyping out all the trophy text using the new fun wiimote! Happy Easter!"

Sakurai says "I've decided to add Pulsie+Minum and Raichu to join Pikachu and Pichu in this game"

Sakurai says "I will be replacing Kirby with Spongebob"

Sakurai says "Out of respect for Mr. Myamoto, none of his characters will take damage"

Sakurai says "Sonic Team is the secret developer that has joined me"

Sakurai says "You'll have to buy the unlockable characters on the Wii Shop Channel"

Sakurai says "I thought about Wolf and Krystal, but Slippy is far more popular in Japan"

Sakurai says "You can finally create your own movesets"

Sakurai says "2/5 of the stages are from Kirby's Dreamland"

Sakurai says "Wario Waft is the most powerful move in the game"

Your ideas?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Sakurai says "Items cannot be turned off"

Sakurai says "The wiimote will be held sideways; moves will be preformed by shaking it"

Sakurai says "Master hand will be playable. He will flip you off as a taunt"

Sakurai says "Coin Battle will be the new standard"

Sakurai says "Toad is playable. He will use the soundtrack from MarioKart 64. AH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH"

Sakurai says "Air dodges and shields are out, you will blow into the DS's microphone (new ds headstrap included) to ward off attacks"

Sakurai says "I've found that I had too many extra coins lying around, now they'll also be used to purchase stocks for multiplayer"

Sakurai says "You have already seen all the new characters, I spent the past year making wii-tastic mini games at Nintendo's request"

Sakurai says "Gengar is a new pokemon, he isn't effected by physical attacks"

Sakurai says "We're giving Jigglypuff more jumps"

Sakurai says "Wavedashing is character specific"

Fawriel

Smash Master
-"We're adding a new, adventurous aspect to the game:
Every character besides Mario and all stages will have to be unlocked by playing Single Player mode on varying difficulty levels!
We're still working on making the CPU use moves other than grabs and jabs, but I'm sure we'll think of something!"

-"Due to complaints from concerned gamers, we have given Captain Falcon a better recovery. Also, he now has a laser gun and more weight and speed, oh, and his forward aerial no longer needs to be sweetspotted and acts as an instant kill move.

PS: Fox no longer takes damage."

-"Sheik"

Plomid

Smash Ace
Sakurai: We have changed the direction of this game
We were thinking: Super hello kitty wars online : Hello kitty and the Wanderer of the secret lake of evermore and his journey to hell.

Caael

Smash Lord
Sakurai says "You have already seen all the new characters, I spent the past year making wii-tastic mini games at Nintendo's request"

Oh god no. That's happened with more than half of the Wii's games.

Sakurai says: Due to the noobs down at HQ, we will be releasing the game tomorrow and halt all progress on the game because those people will die without Braw;.

Sakurai says: We're re-releasing Brawl on the Xbox 360 to expand out Market

Sakurai says: Mii's will be playable characters.

Sakurai says: Screw you, i'm off to join Sony.

Sakurai says: The only 2 new characters are Miyamoto and myself. All moves are instant kills from us and we have 10000 HP and auto recovery.

Sakurai says: We do not have enough money to continue this project, therefore we shall be closing it down.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Mii's would be an awesome playable character :p It would have either a generic Mii look, or take the apperance of the most used/recent Mii profile.

Sensai

Smash Master
Honestly, the absolute worst that I could see happening with it is if it were to completely disregard the tournament scene.

That's the worst for me, at least. It'd still be a great game, sell 103205823093520973598276598273502 copies, etc...but it wouldn't be the same.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I've got a few ideas...

Sakurai says: "As a result of strong pressure from Nintendo's marketing department, we're developing two versions of this game; one for the Wii, and one for Nintendo's next generation system. As a result, you'll have to wait until it comes out when both versions of the game will be released simultaneously."

Sakurai says: "In response to the recent popularity of the Halo game series, as well as the impending release of its third installment, Smash Bros. Brawl has been adapted to a First Person Shooter."

Sakurai says: "Release date: Q3 2011."

Sakurai says: "Rather than include more characters or stages, we've decided to add exciting new gameplay modes, suchas You Only Live Thrice, Dodges Only, and License to Smash."

Sakurai says: "We're including more than one new pokemon."

Sakurai says: "This whole time, we've just been creating sweet screenshots and videos, but as of today production on the actual game officially starts."

Sakurai says: "Because of the recent popularity of the movie franchise, we've decided to include Spider-man as a playable character. We will be using the character model from his most recent PS3 game."

Sakurai says: "In a recent, lucrative deal, HAL Laboratory Inc. has been purchased by Microsoft. As a result, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will now be developed exclusively for the X-box 360. Master Cheif and Joanna Dark will be playable characters. Also, all Nintendo owned characters will be cut from the roster."

And finally,

Sakurai says: "Pikachu has been replaced by the Beanbag from the Homerun contest."

If I ever see any one of the preceding statements as official press releases on the Brawl official site, I swear someone's going to bleed. A lot. Let's just hope it never comes to that.

Andy

Caael

Smash Lord
Sakurai: Anybody who plays in a tourney gets killed

Sakurai: Due to so much content in the game, it wont be released for a good 30 years

Sakurai: The game will now be a platformer. No multiplayer, and if you dont play for longer than 24 hours, the game itself will beat you to mental ***********. It will also take over your mind, disabling speech, free will and will control your actions. Resistance is futile

Sakurai: We've decided that due to graphical problems, the game will be displayed in lego.

Sakurai: Terminator will be in the game. His moves will conquer and destroy. He'll be back.

Sakurai: We've decided Wavedash makes matches against less experienced players a lot harder for them, so we've decided to take it out, along with L- cancelling, and all the moves that make it harder.

Sakurai: The game will be entirely controlled with the remote. Point it where you want to move to, flick it fast to perform moves in that direction. Draw complex symbols to perform B attacks, and colour in the screen within 3 seconds to perform the super smash move.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If there is online and it's almost completely uncustomizable. like only FFA with items on or something.

The WORST... well, if the game is completely broken, like one or two characters have "wobbles" type game breaking techniques, and it just screws competitive play... I guess we could ban it. If the game is incredibly unbalanced, or just flat out a BAD GAME, which I doubt both, but it -could- happen. And that's what this thread is asking.

If Fox is still top tier.
If Marth returns and is still completely gay.
If Captain Falcon doesn't come back -_-

Realistically the thing I am most afraid of is them removing our C-stick for air moves and whatnot. I hope they don't change the controls very much, if any. This goes hand in hand with my worry of removing jump buttons and only doing it with up on the control stick. I just don't want those features to get taken out.

Oh, and, if America gets it more than a month after Japan >_<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sakurai says: The tier list only exists because we have different characters. We'll fix that by making everyone the same.

Sakurai says: I've decided to have Marth fight without his sword.

Sakurai says: Since falco's a bird he should be able to float cancel.

Sakurai says: Ken is too good. We'll take all the high tiers out of the game.

Sakurai says: The trailer was fake just lik 9-11. There's no such thing as super smash bros. brawl

Sakurai says: Marth needs a projectile. We're going to give him a plasma cannon.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai Says: "Were keeping wavedashing"(I'm the other side of the spectrum)

Sakurai Says: "No online at all. Not even Wiiconnect24"

Sakurai Says: "You want the final roster. You already know it. Who needs a lot of characters any way"

Tera253

Smash Ace
Marth with a plasma cannon? that'd be awesome!
on the awesome note, here's something you can take both wayS:
Sakurai: There is a sequel, called Super Smash Bros. Murder, coming October 4, 2012.
~Tera253~

Ensee

Smash Ace
Sakurai says: "To bring back an old system and make it popular again, we have decided that Brawl will only be playable on the Super Nintendo.

Sakurai says: "We have officially removed Captain Falcon and put Isai in his place. Too good."

Sakurai says: "After much thinking, the development team and I have decided to make the soundtrack for Brawl be all punk/emo music."

Sakurai says: "We have made Fox's shine cancellable only by shaking the Wii-mote."

Sakurai says: "..."
^Sakurai has died.

Sakurai says: "We have decided to add Adolf Hitler to the roster."

Sakurai says: "With Brawl, you will be able to create your own character."

Sakurai says: "We have decided to make Brawl be an RPG."

Sakurai says: "We have replaced trophies with kid's games and puzzles, for enjoyment. There are 230 of them that you can unlock."

Sakurai says: "I'm bored with this game, so we are stopping production immediately to work on Hello Kitty for the newest generation Nintendo system, which will be released in 2046."

Sakurai says: "I am officially renaming Brawl to have it become Super Awesome Cousins Battle."

Sakurai says: "We will release a FREE DEMO of Brawl!!! But, on the downside, you will only be able to roll, and the only character playable in the demo is Mario."

Sakurai says: "We wanted to make Brawl more realistic, so now every time your character gets hit, blood will squirt all over the screen."

Sakurai says: "We have decided to add more glitches to the game, there were not enough in Melee."

Sakurai says: "We have officially added Mickey Mouse to Brawl!!!."

Sakurai says: "For Zero Suit Samus' taunt, she will remove all of her clothing for .0002 seconds. Sorry, we can't show any more!"

Sakurai says: "We have now added a health bar into Brawl for more suspense and action!"

Sakurai says: "We have invented a new GameCube controller especially for Brawl that is needed to play. Now the controller will have a button labeled 'H'. When pressed, you gain a stock back, so it makes it harder to lose! Fantastic! Plus, these new controllers take so much time to make, they will cost at least $43.00 for just one."

Sakurai says: "You must now unlock music for it to be played in the background on stages!"

Sakurai says: "After Brawl's release, it will only be available in Amsterdam."

Sakurai says: "Because Smash is so popular, we have decided to have our internet 1337 Squad get rid of Smash Boards. We will now have our own board, with everything just like Game FAQ's!!! They are so cool!!!"

Sakurai says: "We have replaced Final Destination with a fun moving stage that kills you every 30 seconds if you have not gotten a stock off of your opponent."

Sakurai says: "I'm turning Brawl into a hentai video game."

Sakurai says: "The name Brawl sucks. It shall be changed to Conflict. SUPER SMASH BROOOOOOOTHERS, CONFLIIIIIIIIIICTTT!!!!"

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Sakurai: Beta testing is now available for Brawl, but only in Japan.

Sakurai: All online play will be hosted from a server in Japan. (meaning USA and other countries ping will be a lot)

Sakurai: Monthly balance changes will be put into use online. But since we do not want nurf any characters that would upset our customers, we are just going to make every other character better.

*1 month after release*
Sakurai: Due to balance changes, shieks fair will now have the same hitbox as marths f-smash. Too many shieks were being f-smashed when they went into the air.

Sakurai: You can now jump cancel out of jigglypuffs rest

Sakurai: Jiggly puff, pit, and kirby are now equipped with a arial spike move.

Japanese student: Brawl? Oh yea i know what you are talking about. I used to play that game all the time last year.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
this is such a funny thread hahaha

the "falco is a bird, so he should float cancel" is what got me XD

"Fox's lasers are now faster and stop the enemy like Falco's. to even things up, Falco's laser has been sped up and shoots Samus's missles with Sheik's needles together!

Caael

Smash Lord
Me being black,I found that very hilarious.

XD
Was that sarcastic, or genuine humour?

I guess the former...

Sorry if you were offended in any way.

Japanese student: Brawl? Oh yea i know what you are talking about. I used to play that game all the time last year.
Lmfao.

Sakurai: To play online, monthly membership must be payed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sakura says: "I have desided to put in all the characters the Nsiders want"

Sakura says: "We will be using the Link model from Wand of Galom"

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Sakurai: Beta testing is now available for Brawl, but only in Japan.
ahh, that would drive me nuts, i cringe just reading it

Sakurai says, "We've decided to change to cell shading" or "We've decided to change to Paper Smash Bros."

Sakurai says, "Mewtwo's new moveset will have recover which recovers him fully"
--- actually that might help... lol

Caael

Smash Lord
Marth back is a good thing.

Sakurai: We've decided that the game will be forcused around leveling up and buying items from Smash stores. That way, anybody is as good as the next guy.

I would cry if that happened.

splat

Smash Lord
Sakurai says: "There is a secret cow level."
Sakurai says: "On further notice, we've decided to replace all nintendo characters with care bears."
Sakurai says: "From now on, production will be done by Midway."
Sakurai says: "Touch your head with your left hand." [yay, kiddie games]

Vali

Smash Ace
Sakurai says: "Due to popular demand from the official forums and budget issues, SSBB has been scrapped in favour of 'Barbie's Wii Adventure', an action adventure game set to hit stores late december to coincide with a pink wii model also set for that time period with a bundle package also planned. Screenshots and trailer inside."

Roman.

Smash Champion
If there is online and it's almost completely uncustomizable. like only FFA with items on or something.
That's the worst I can see happening...crappy online play that could definitly be possible but after this delay, it better be as good as halo 2!

Sakurai says: "Brawl will only consist of dash attacks and crouching."
Sakurai says: "Brawl online has been updated but due to budget cuts, $1.99 a game."
Sakurai says: "Shiek has been taken out but a new character has been announced, Invisible Woman."
Sakurai says: "Wavedashing can be turned on or off in the custom rules."

Croco

Smash Lord
Sakurai says: "The only way to unlock secret characters and stages is by buying certain VC games on the Wii."
Sakurai says: "The rest of the new characters are Pokemon, this is due to the sale success of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl."
Sakurai says: "Peach has been replaced by Daisy! So exciting huh?"
Sakurai says: "The super smash choses a player at random and cannot be turned off."

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
"Geno will be a playable character! But to unlock him, you have to eat your SSBB disc."

Chepe

Smash Lord
"Thank you for your patience as the site underwent some routine maintenance. Much <3, Masahiro Sakurai..."

Oh you know that many of you might actually prefer some of these horrid ideas to that ^ there!

Top Bottom