• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai running out of mindgames? updates getting predictable?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Look at it this way.
Last week we got:
Stages: Melee
Game Mode: MMB
Character: Olimar
FS: Snake
Moves: Olimar.

This Week We got

Game Mode: Challanges
Stages: Planet
Character:Shiek
FS:Olimar
**** Moves: Sheik+Zelda or Shiek/Zelda

am I the only one this?
Does this make next week
Stage
Game Mode
Character
FS
Moves

?

If so, which character will we get?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Look at it this way.
Last week we got:

This Week We got

am I the only one this?
Does this make next week
Stage
Game Mode
Character
FS
Moves

?

Sheik & Zelda was indirectly confirmed on Wednesday when every character profile was updated with their moveset.

For all we know, they could give us another character on Friday. Or the return of the Bo-Bomb...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Well it's been almost a year of updates. The ones that are left are the ones that we know are going to be in the game but he hasn't confirmed yet.

Not Really, I don't think we Knew that olimar was in, we just hoped...

I don't think showing move names would stop him from making a moves update, just be forwarned

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
I think Sakurai still has some pretty good tricks up his sleeves, I mean, if he can pull off things like this world and the Subspace Emissary, we may still have some sweet surprises left in store. Well at least until the 31st.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Sheik & Zelda was indirectly confirmed on Wednesday when every character profile was updated with their moveset.

For all we know, they could give us another character on Friday. Or the return of the Bo-Bomb...
Olimar's FS was indirectly confirmed also and that didn't stop them from updating it tonight :p

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Well, it's the commercials. He can't air the commercials w/o revealing these updates.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i think the updates are starting to coincide with the advertisements and the famitsu scans

they showed the screenshots of sheik in the famitsu magazine on the same day of that update, and likewise, the ad showing olimars FS was released today, where the update shortly followed

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Predictable? He doesn't exactly follow a set pattern. If someone made many correct guesses to the point where he or she believes it's predictable, then good for you. But those are nothing but lucky guesses. It's as random as ever in my opinion.

Though I will have to say that the quality of the updates have risen lately, and I'm happy about that (of course that's subjective). With the Japanese release date out soon, I hope we stop getting filler updates. The gloves will come off soon for secret characters and all the juicy goods, so there shouldn't be too much reason to hide behind non-stellar stuff

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
Good assumption. Though, I think, unless we get a new character, with the addition of those move boxes on each character's page, I'm not so sure about getting another move update.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice

And because of that, people who would like to see a Zelda moves update or Final Smash update must hold back, cause it's indirectly confirmed? Come again.

I hope that what you're saying is right and he doesn't impress us all with some weird game mode update, not that I hate them, but would love to see Zelda as in now *puppy eyes*

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I never said sakurai is predictable, I'm saying that he does have some stuff that make him seem like he has a pattern, and if tommorow's guess is correct, I'm hoping for C. Falcon or a newcomer next wensday :p

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Is it really a lack of mindgames? Perhaps he's just lulling us into a false sense of security, and then...BAM! Create a character mode! :p

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
after everything i've seen on this "smash brawl journey", i have come to the conclusion that sakurai can never run out of mindgames

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Well it's been almost a year of updates. The ones that are left are the ones that we know are going to be in the game but he hasn't confirmed yet.
Not true. There's more unknown content to come. What you should have said is *most* of the ones that are left are the ones that we know blahblah...

I still have hope for Isaac!!!

GOGO Prima Roster, if by some ******** miracle that list is true, I think it's an awesome lineup.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yes, well, if Rap wasn't BSing about the 3rd party character, we're going to see it tomorrow. Personally, I ain't holding my breath. Sakurai's got his own ideas... we've got very few updates that we don't already know about. The assist trophies and items that we found out about, like Barbara Bat, Jill from Drill Dozer, etc, and the soccer ball, and clock. Then as they pointed out. Zelda's Final Strike and Special Moves... but on th e other hand, we've got who knows how many more characters hiding in the ranks.

turboether

Smash Cadet
i have a feeling therell be a character a week until the japanese release. /prediction.

Deej

Smash Rookie
It think its human nature to try and make patterns out of chaos. That said, there seems a certain logic to your argument. I geuss we'll find out tommorow.

Of course, this could all be to do with the Famitsu scans, the impending release date in Japan, and the need to release a controled ammount of info while still keeping the hype up.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Coming from what people are saying, I'm guessing no one has bothered to look back at ALL the chars on the dojo. Look at them closley and you'll find out all b-moves are confirmed. Unless you guys just want a whole new other update just for pictures.
So that must mean he will keep adding chars and modes and items without having to bother to waste time on other b-moves

Eaode

Smash Champion
Coming from what people are saying, I'm guessing no one has bothered to look back at ALL the chars on the dojo. Look at them closley and you'll find out all b-moves are confirmed. Unless you guys just want a whole new other update just for pictures.
So that must mean he will keep adding chars and modes and items without having to bother to waste time on other b-moves
So you don't want to see what they do at all? You're just content with names?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I really have had enough of updates if their not something worth reading.
Theres seems to be no pattern and things come and go at his will.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
after everything i've seen on this "smash brawl journey", i have come to the conclusion that sakurai can never run out of mindgames
He might not run out of mindgames, but he can run out of things to post. I'm not sure he has much left in terms of stages and game modes. The only game modes I could think of that are left are All-Star mode(IF it returns), With Anyone/ Team Brawl, Wi-Fi tourney(If it's there), and spoilers for the Subspace Emissary mode. Then again, with the delay, he has time to reveal the rest of the roster before the game is out, which would be revealed sooner or later anyway.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
You cant predict any updates as theres no pattern and most of them are random.
but what if there is a certain pattern to it after all? have you considered that?
is it mere coincidence that we got 2 characters and 2 FSs one after the other in the same 2 days of the week?

I bet If i'll look back I'll find more wensday characters and thursday FSs

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
The updates are random... but if you wanna go by what day is most popular for updated characters...

Monday-Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Fox, Zelda
Tuesday-Bowser, Yoshi
Wednesday-Wario, Ike, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Sonic, Pikmin & Olimar, Mario, Link, Sheik
Thursday-Zero Suit Samus, King Dedede, Kirby, Pikachu, Donkey Kong
Friday-Pit, Snake, Samus, Peach, Ice Climbers

Tuesday= Least
Wednesday= Most

:034:

Smash Hero
Every Wednesday is Characterday.

Seriously, watch.

Pikmin & Olimar, Sonic, Shiek, Meta Knight, Diddy, Ike, Wario, Mario and Link were all revealed on a Wednesday. 9 characters.

With Monday having 4, Tuesday having 2, Thursday having 5 and Friday having 5.

Of course, it's a coincidence, but a funny coincidence.

EDIT: ****, I got beaten to it. D:

rickimp

Smash Rookie
All i can tell from the dojo is that there's number of updates which we can easily predict will come. Those being Zelda and Zamus' Final smashes, Mario music (which will probably be tomorow, since we've been getting music each week for the past how many weeks?), a sonic stage, and maybe...just maybe....another "melee past stages" update (seeing as there's a high probability that pokemon stadium 1 will return as a stage).

PLUS, there could be another all new character stage, just like the mario kart and metroid prime stages.
Apart from that the updates could be well bizarre and random. We could have an update on crawling which would be THIS lame!

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Look at it this way.
Last week we got:

This Week We got

am I the only one this?
Does this make next week
Stage
Game Mode
Character
FS
Moves

?

I noticed the pattern as well. But to prevent people from calling me silly names, aka prophet, I didn't say much. (Yes, how silly of me to think that.) Today, I was pretty sure it was going to be Zelda/Sheik's or Olimar's final smash and tomorrow, more moves.

Hmm, but you do bring up an interesting question: which character WILL we get? I'm sure we'll get a lot of answers next Wednesday.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
and maybe...just maybe....another "melee past stages" update (seeing as there's a high probability that pokemon stadium 1 will return as a stage).
I'd love to see two more "Melee Past Stages" updates. And the begining of the last one he'd go "Whaaaat? Another Melee Past Stages update! Yes, we decided to add every Melee stage into the Brawl! We really have thought of everything!"

Am I the only one still hoping for Brinstar Depths?

Top Bottom