• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai realized he has turned Samus into a sex object?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
If you listen to the japan version with snake and mei ling snake sats samus is nude.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
First of all, WHO REVIVED THIS THREAD?!? It died forever ago!

Second, Video game females will never be ugly, unless theres a reason for it, like Ugly Betty or the ugly stepsisters of Cinderella. there's just no reason to make game chicks not hot.

Third, it's true that big boobs are impractical, but they're also attractive, and video games would rather be attractive than practical. the best examples are Taki from Soul Calibur and Lara Croft from [everyone should know].

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First of all, WHO REVIVED THIS THREAD?!? It died forever ago!

Second, Video game females will never be ugly, unless theres a reason for it, like Ugly Betty or the ugly stepsisters of Cinderella. there's just no reason to make game chicks not hot.

Third, it's true that big boobs are impractical, but they're also attractive, and video games would rather be attractive than practical. the best examples are Taki from Soul Calibur and Lara Croft from [everyone should know].
attractice is more relative

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Why are people calling it sexism anyway?
Sakurai sexualised more male characters thus far:

and

That's two sexifull male characters versus one female.

There's no sexism in this game, just obvious equal treatment! :chuckle:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Hot ****, I'm pretty sure if Captain Falcon would join the fray it would be an orgasmic sausage fest.

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
Sex sells, which works in movies, magazines, toys and games are not acceptional.

Even tho Nintendo taking very little steps but even they know (the-not-go-with-the-flow company) it will do.Thinking back, I don't think any game I know/played( particular fighting games) there are no female involved.

By adding female characters in fighting games to attract female players are I think not working properly, what I think is, is just give guys to get attracted to play.

Maybe is just me, but doesn't all female characters are broken in fighting games?
Even the female character do not end as the top tier after years, that character must have been on top or had a lot influence in the game.

Look Peach, her downsmash was a mental wall you need to get over and learn not to CC against her or see Sheik...Chun Li in Streetfighter has always been one of the dominant fighter in any of the 20 street fighter series, not even nerfed her once. Orchid from killer instinct, few buttons you get a 40hit combo, Ivy from Soulcaliber, even if they are not broken, you need them to succeed, ie save the princesses, you need Midna help.

Micahc

Smash Ace
I think Captain Falcon has more sex appeal than any Nintendo girl could ever have.
I'm gonna dedicate my baby to you.

Four bucks says that if she was ugly we'd have a thread complaining about how she's ugly. And is it just me, or is there only like, two people that think Zamus is in for sex appeal? Sure she's hot, but it's not like she's Ivy from SC where EVERYTHING is shown... this thread is fail... someone lock it...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Personally this is not what Samus is meant to be like at all. She should be intelligent, dignified, and experienced. Now she just looks like a dumb blonde.

The Samus in Metroid Prime 1 is perfect.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Personally this is not what Samus is meant to be like at all. She should be intelligent, dignified, and experienced. Now she just looks like a dumb blonde.

The Samus in Metroid Prime 1 is perfect.
u wont be sayin shes a dumb blonde when shes kickin ur *** seriousl she sexy yet as tough as nails she could take down anyone shes samus aran if anything it shows that women can be sexy and kick butt at the same time

xelad1

Smash Ace
This is rediculous, fighting games and otherwise have been portraying women as hot and fit and guys as buff since... forever and by forever I mean Street Fighter II. Though honestly I don't understand the debate over the header, did no one listen to Snake's comments on Samus in the brawl update? "woah samus took her clothes off, maybe if I remove mine I could catch her"... "her loss".... yadda yadda OF COURSE HE KNOWS SHE HAS SEX APPEAL.

Its like durrrrrrrrrrrrb adurbdurb how is it not the case? But who cares? Samus really doesn't look any different than any other female character from other 2d/3d fighters... seriously change the hairstyle and the clothes and she could be chun li/taki/ivy/kami it really doesn't matter, she's pretty much a genericly designed anime character outside of her suit. I don't think their intent was to create this much controversy over her design its nothing new to the gaming world. If she ended up being flat chested or something (among other design schemes listed) then you know that the people who designed her look would have REALLY put some thought into her sex appeal and whether or not to have it.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
u wont be sayin shes a dumb blonde when shes kickin ur *** seriousl she sexy yet as tough as nails she could take down anyone shes samus aran if anything it shows that women can be sexy and kick butt at the same time
Haha, that's a good one - but the only *** kicking will be from my Snake to you Zamus.

BTW no sexy girl in history has ever been tough - hence my opinion. Also, sexy is just superficial. Beautiful is something else.

Zamus is not beautiful.

Padô

Smash Lord
SORRY, but snake got tight clothes too! He is now a sex-symbol too!

MAN, whata stupid discussion, in matter of fact, the boobs, the butts, the curves are for detailed because of the good graphics of the game!

I bet u guys preffer the polygonal ***** u got on SSB!

Sprigginz_Caldo

Smash Apprentice
Of course it was a move to bring sexiness into Brawl. Sex sells, remember? Heck, if I were a normal gamer deciding whether or not to buy SSBB, the boobs might just be the decision maker. Sure, the parents might look at the TV funny, but this move will sell more than it will lose IMO.

I would actually prefer the game without the skin-tight sex bomb, but I'm not going to complain about it.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with it?

Look at it this way:

If a non Hardcore (Guy) Gamer see a preview of SSBB and sees Zero-Suit Samus. He's like she's Hot!!! It all goes with Nintendo's idea of making the(there) market bigger.

For Non-Hardcore Gamers you have Z-Suit Samus and snake for the older people. For the younger you have Kirby...etc the more cartoony Characters.

Have y'all ever heard of the term "Sex Sales" I see nothing wrong with it and it's all helping the bigger picture broadening the Market.

and specialsauce I agree with you

"u wont be sayin shes a dumb blonde when shes kickin ur *** seriousl she sexy yet as tough as nails she could take down anyone shes samus aran if anything it shows that women can be sexy and kick butt at the same time"

greenblob

Smash Lord
Well, it's Samus, the heroine who's as masculine as Captain Falcon. Sex appeal and Samus don't really go together. If Zelda or Peach were in some skimpy outfit, no one would be complaining.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it's Samus, the heroine who's as masculine as Captain Falcon. Sex appeal and Samus don't really go together. If Zelda or Peach were in some skimpy outfit, no one would be complaining.
You obviously didn't see the thread complaining about how you can see Peach's underwear in games if you pause and angle the camera correctly...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
let's see. i've posted in here before (actually, since it was made), and what was my opinion then and now...oh yes...

I don't care.

in fact, i like Zamus. she looks like a fun character to play as AND she's sexy. so what if she's made into a sex object? people will play her because they'll like her style

xelad1

Smash Ace
Excuse me but there has been sex appeal in melee long before this.... SEX KICK ANYONE?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The majority of the time, Zero Suit Samus won't even been seen I imagine. As far as we know the only way for her to even appear is for Samus to preform her Final Smash first. So what's the big deal >>

Max780

Smash Apprentice
The majority of the time, Zero Suit Samus won't even been seen I imagine. As far as we know the only way for her to even appear is for Samus to preform her Final Smash first. So what's the big deal >>
I hope they just didn't say are change there mind ,but I want to start as Z-Suit not all the time. It would be easier to try the person out.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Though honestly I don't understand the debate over the header, did no one listen to Snake's comments on Samus in the brawl update? "woah samus took her clothes off, maybe if I remove mine I could catch her"... "her loss".... yadda yadda OF COURSE HE KNOWS SHE HAS SEX APPEAL.
Snake is always like that. He'd even hit on Mei Ling if he had the chance.

Chromeless

Smash Apprentice
Even Pit "can't get enough of this" apparently, I wonder if Mario would consider dumping Peach...

Loranga

Smash Rookie
samus is a hot chick. but also only virtual hardware.......whats the deal. almost ever game nowdays have women with a large chest....lol

Wow, massive bump.

Even though this topic is ridiculous, I leave you with one thing:

You know you'd hit it.

(And for some others, you may want Snake, Captain Falcon or better yet, Fox's glutes of steel)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
No offense to Samus though, but compared to Chun Li Samus only has sand dunes.

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
This topic is to discuss weather or not ZS Samus was a good move by Sakurai. No matter what we say here, people, gaming mags and gaming sites will refer to her as "sexy ZS Samus" or "hot ZS Samus". Do hardcore Samus fans want their heroine to be seen as this?

Sure, she has stripped in the past games, but most people didn't even see that, as it required some skill to see. Now, with SSBB, EVERYONE will see ZS Samus, and many will see her as another stereotype videogame female, a sex object. Thanks to her blue body paint...err...clothes.

Yeah, I know. Many people won't care about it either, as all they concentrate on is gameplay. However, I'm sure the general opinion about ZS Samus is that Nintendo made her look that way for sex appeal. And heck, how can you deny that when you see her big boobs in that skintight clothing? It's pretty obvious sex appeal if you ask me.

So, did Sakurai do this on purpose to give people a new image of Samus? And what will the reactions be? Remember that this game will probably sell better than any Metroid game has ever done, and thus be played by more people. Will Samus lose her mysterious aura with SSBB, and will that affect the future regular Metroid games in any way?

Discuss!

EDIT: I know ZS Samus first appeared in Metroid Zero Mission, but it was still Sakurai's decision to bring that sexy clad Samus to SSBB...
she strips :) what game!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I know you are wrong, but I can't think of any way to argue that point without sounding silly. Curse you! *shakes fist*
Ashley Robbins has a pretty flat chest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_code

EDIT:

Okay, I made a comparision with my favourite actress:

Please don't ask me why she's my favourite actress. Also, first of all, jesus girl, Gilmore Girls already is over, on top of that, you're NOT Rory Gilmore. You ARE allowed to show more skin, or at least show your curves. It really is a pain in the butt to find a good picture of her that shows her breasts.

Second, I do agree with this article that her eyes do evoke Zelda.

Next, I'll explain. The red lines both are indicators, size indicators to be exact. Now even though Alexis' head is wider than Samus', it's more about the height, since the height proportion always stays the same. Next, the orange lines are the more streightened versions. It's an approximation of the lengths.

Finally, below you can see I resized Samus' lines to equal Alexis' lines, and as you can see, unless Alexis has big jugs, Samus' are not that large.

Top Bottom