• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai knows what he is doing

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
and I still call Bull**** and arrogance. You may think you can, but that's only because your on the outside looking in. it's in the same vein of people coaching sports from their couch. and you'd still lack the experience

Frogla

Smash Ace
AGAIN.

If we had the same RESOURCES (including developers and programmers) and amount of MONEY we could DIRECT a better game.
:laugh:
For who, yourself. With your extreme bias toward charachters and your complete disregard for the causal player you would fail to make the game that reaches toward both spectrums. Since i have read your views on both sides. No sir not you, not you.

The ones who will probably make the sequel that tops smash are sakurias trainees hes got at least 100 people he is training and helping him develop brawl. Once they learn Sakuria next gen Smash we will have around 8 developers all working together to balance and unbias the game.

And you thought this game will be awesome wait until the game is in the hands of sakuria x8

darkNES386

Smash Lord
So I have to write down a 16 digit number to add a friend. and THEN have another number to play with them for that game only. I mean, c'mon what is that? Why can't we just have usernames so I can add my friend "Random Smasher24"? And instead of us both having to mutually add our numbers over the phone or IM, he can just get a friend request and accept it or deny it. I can't even send a text message to a person unless we're mutual friends already.
First, you don't need the wii code to use the friend code... second... "random smasher24".... I count 15 characters in that name you need to enter".... that's longer than a 10 digit brawl friend code.

Look... This isn't a brawl issue... this is a wii issue if you're going to get mad at someone... Mr. Sakurai is the last person you should be pissed at. He's doing his best to to make some creative online features for a game on a console that still isn't really supporting online PLAY. Their online focus is interaction... not connecting a bunch of people so that they can tear each other out verbally or talk smack about how good or bad they're doing. Use some third party setup such as aim or skype if you want voice chat.... too bad if you're comp isn't close enough to your wii.

Once again, don't attack Brawl and don't attack Mr. Sakurai or any other developers of this game if you're upset about Wii. If you're not a supporter of Brawl's online play... then don't use it...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
First, you don't need the wii code to use the friend code... second... "random smasher24".... I count 15 characters in that name you need to enter".... that's longer than a 10 digit brawl friend code.

Look... This isn't a brawl issue... this is a wii issue if you're going to get mad at someone... Mr. Sakurai is the last person you should be pissed at. He's doing his best to to make some creative online features for a game on a console that still isn't really supporting online PLAY. Their online focus is interaction... not connecting a bunch of people so that they can tear each other out verbally or talk smack about how good or bad they're doing. Use some third party setup such as aim or skype if you want voice chat.... too bad if you're comp isn't close enough to your wii.

Once again, don't attack Brawl and don't attack Mr. Sakurai or any other developers of this game if you're upset about Wii. If you're not a supporter of Brawl's online play... then don't use it...
If you read my post or the posts after it, you'd see that I wasn't attacking Brawl or Sakurai at all, I was ranting about Nintendo's online.

I wasn't using that username to have a contest of what has less characters. I'm saying that I don't need to listen to 16/10 digits being told to me to add someone when someone can just say their username to me, or if I could just go to the people I've played with and click "ADD".

I'm not trying to make my computer and Wii be the same, but in 2007/2008, there's no reason to not have voice chat, and just have super security and precautions because you have such a "everyone online is a pedophile" philosophy. What's wrong with simply chatting with the three people that I'm playing with as I play? Or being able to add someone I had a good match with for future matches?

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
AGAIN.

If we had the same RESOURCES (including developers and programmers) and amount of MONEY we could DIRECT a better game.
I'm pretty sure that's not true. Anyone can say that, but like that argument about ppl saying they could play sports better than professional atheletes. They're professionals. You're a fan. There's a lot to take into account when doing anything this complicated. You say you can do it because you've never done it before. I can say that if I had the resources, and the knowledge, and the people, I could've created windows. That doesn't make it true.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
No, we couldnot make a better game. Sure we have a bunch of people that analyze every detail of smash, but given the same resources, I think Sakurai and his crew of death wopuld sitll do a better jo0b than us. There would be too much bias and we wouldn't even have some of the small ideas that they would have.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I beg to differ, we would come up with new advanced techniques, cool stages. There are just so many things that we could think of that they never will. Because they only think like casuals, we think like both (because we've been both). I'll give you an example.

It would be great if you could makes hazards on stages optional, meaning you could turn them on or off. So if you wanted the bridge to split then it would, but if you wanted a more serious match, maybe for a tournament you could have it no split. This is a great idea that probably wouldn't be difficult to incorporate but it just won't happen because the competitive players don't matter, and this wouldn't hurt casual play at all.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It would be great if you could makes hazards on stages optional, meaning you could turn them on or off. So if you wanted the bridge to split then it would, but if you wanted a more serious match, maybe for a tournament you could have it no split. This is a great idea that probably wouldn't be difficult to incorporate but it just won't happen because the competitive players don't matter, and this wouldn't hurt casual play at all.
Well, I think hat's what Stage Builder is for.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
I beg to differ, we would come up with new advanced techniques, cool stages. There are just so many things that we could think of that they never will. Because they only think like casuals, we think like both (because we've been both). I'll give you an example.

Ok, Ill give you that stage hazard one (that is a good idea), but brawl is being made by people with 10000+ matches in melee. You'd think that from all of that, there had be at least of couple competitive matches. They have to be considering some aspects of the professional players.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's possible to be casual forever. I know people who never even heard of WDing and they played the game for years.

Magma

Smash Cadet
So why is everyone so upset in the first place? Because wavedashing was removed? Because you can't know who you're fighting against online?

Why can't you just have fun and enjoy the game for what it is?

Cless

Smash Champion
Build your own tournament legal stages. FD is boring as hell. I'd rather the stages all be dynamic with the inclusion of the stage builder.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
first of all, once again the on-line is directed by nintendo, the creators of brawl cant add anything nintendo wont let them, as for voice communications, so you cant talk **** to your opponenent, your gonna talk **** anyway only your tv will hear it though.. and on the level note i think the level creator is a fantastical idea... imagine going to a tourney where the tourney holders have a precreated stage or stages for you to play on that you haven't seen before.... that would add a new aspect to the competitive play as well.. I think is going to be a great game and brawl is in good hands. We shouldn't complain about something that hasnt come out yet or things we cant change anyway... either you like or you don't and move on

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Well, I think hat's what Stage Builder is for.
MLG Tournaments aren't going to have stages from Stage Builder.

And as far as Magma goes, not knowing who you are playing against is just stupid, period. I mean, your just a blind fanboy if you can't admit that. Let's say I owned this kid online and he said, man that dude was good, I wanna play him again. He can't play me again, because he can't get my friend code, BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO I AM. And the spectator thing, let us pick are own matches if you aren't even gonna let us see who's playing. Come on... it's pathetic.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. I think the Smash community could make a better game than he ever could.
Unlikely.

"items have been taken out of brawl! Oh, and for stages? There are only 2! battlefield and final destination!

Online play will be intense. You have a selection of 2 characters: Fox, and fox!"

:ohwell:

Cless

Smash Champion
MLG Tournaments aren't going to have stages from Stage Builder.
How do you know?

Unlikely.

"items have been taken out of brawl! Oh, and for stages? There are only 2! battlefield and final destination!

Online play will be intense. You have a selection of 2 characters: Fox, and fox!"

:ohwell:
These have gotten old long ago. They just make the poster look horribly, horribly ignorant.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Let's say I owned this kid online and he said, man that dude was good, I wanna play him again. He can't play me again, because he can't get my friend code, BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO I AM.
I gots an idea... check my sig. And listen to some calming music.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I agree with Xanderous.

If we had the same resources and money we could make a better game (for us at least).

There's so many things that Sakurai will never realize. Like making items optional in one player mode. Or bringing back wavedashing, or making the game balanced for us. We really could make a better game. As far as how characters would go the smash senate would agree on a number, and then there would be a poll on what characters, I mean we really could make a better game, who agrees?
for us, i take it you mean the competitive community?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Cless, wavedashing is teh gone. That's enough pRoof right thar. lol XD

Now seriously, did people complain about Melee before it was released by saying it wasn't 64 2.0?

If so, did Melee turn out better?

Now shut up everybody. :D

Cless

Smash Champion
Cless, wavedashing is teh gone. That's enough pRoof right thar. lol XD

Now seriously, did people complain about Melee before it was released by saying it wasn't 64 2.0?

If so, did Melee turn out better?

Now shut up everybody. :D
Changed around the air dodge mechanics to compensate for that.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Stop being bitter. Nintendo is first and foremost a company. Their goal is to cater to EVERYONE, not just those who like "hardcore" gameplay. Stop thinking about yourselves all the time. Brawl is a game that is supposed to be for everyone. Like it or not, the mass majority of Brawl players will be casual players. I know we all love wavedashing and advanced techniques but if you honestly think you can surpass Sakurai and his team in making the best smash game ever, then you must be sadly mistaken.

Learn how to model, skin, texture, shade, rig, animate, light, render, code, fix errors, fix issues with models, code in gaming mechanics, fix glitches, and do -everything- else that team has to do and then come talk to me. I hate people who are just all talk.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss wavedashing and some of the older techs, but there will be new techniques and new surprises to uncover in Brawl. It's not melee. It's an entirely new game.

Sakurai and his team DO know what they're doing. Accept it or not, they will -always- have a head up over all of us in regards to smash. They MADE the game for ****'s sake. Brawl will not be lacking in the advanced/competitive department. They're just trying to make it more user friendly for people new to the series or who don't care about competitive play.

In a simple phrase:

Get over yourself.

Top Bottom