• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Confirms Mewtwo Release On The Horizon

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I'm not hyped. I want Mewtwo in Smash 4, but I don't want to have to pay extra for him. Whether it's having to buy two separate games or having to pay $5.00 in the eShop, I think I dropped enough dough at the counter to justify him being part of the game. I can easily see him being banned in tournaments if it's restricted to people who bought SSB43DS, and he may still be banned if it's an eshop purchase.

Either way, I don't like the implications of DLC in any game, much less a fighting game.

Reggie Amiibo

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpadgerBadger
3DS FC
5472-6503-9144
And then Sakurai can get the rest he deserves. Dude needs a break.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
He already did.

While it wasn't traditional, it was still a freakin' trailer.

It had a build up, hype, and even the big splash image thing that said "MEWTWO IS ON THE WAY!"

They aren't going to announce him again, and have a big build up like it's a giant reveal, when they already announced him months ago.
Good point. Though, I thought of a CGI trailer (if that's what it's called?). Y'know, an animated trailer, not an announcement trailer if you understand :) And yes, he is announced, but people also got hyped seeing the Duck Hunt trailer after the 3DS launch.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And now the question on everyone's minds:

Is anything else in development alongside him?

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
:snake:- With Kojima possibly leaving Konami, he could entirely lose the rights to Snake. Also, with no new Metal Gear games planned for Nintendo systems anytime soon, it really isn't worth jumping through all the hoops to get him.
He'll lose Snake, that's a guarantee. Not that he really owned him in the first place, he's a Konami employee so anything he develops under their umbrella belongs to them from the get-go. Kojima'll stay with Konami until MGS5 is finished, but I don't see him suddenly trying to get Snake into Sm4sh before he leaves; I doubt he wants to do Konami any favours outside of what his current contract stipulates considering the circumstances.

Unless Nintendo/Sakurai specifically approaches Konami for Snake, I doubt he's ever coming back. It's a shame because his moveset was very unique. That being said, if Nintendo was feeling adventurous, they do in fact own a character with a military background who they could transplant the move-set onto with some cosmetic alterations to certain aspects...

Swap the cypher with a helicopter, unique taunts... bam, move-set returned with more Nintendo relevance. Though I suppose that's neither here nor there.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
It surely doesn't take this long to make one character. ;)

Well I can't say I know cause I've never made a game.
Although I've never made a game either, i consider myself an expert on getting irrationally mad at game developers for developing extra content for the fans with little or no reasoning. COMMON SAKURAI! IT'S LIKE 1 CHARACTERS, ITS SUPER EASY!

Arcticfire55

Smash Rookie
Hello guys! I would like to get mewtwo for me and you, if you want him, i'll like to trade with you, i have the 3ds code that has not been used, if i get a wii u download code, I will give you the wii u code as i keep the 3ds code, i only have a 3ds so dont worry about the wii u one, if you want, email me at Tanooki374@gmail.com, again i will email you the wii u code when its out' (I AM NOT A SPAMMER!)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT!!!
LET GET HYPE AND wait for it...

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
We actually KNOW that it doesn't take this long. Because of how many charakters we have and how long it took to develope this game.
there's probably some other crap they're bundling with him that took them forever to make so they can launch it with him, including voices that they probably went on developer hiatus trying to find, stage, music, and some other ****ty coding nobody will care about, question is, what were they taking forever on besides trying to *only* work on mewtwo

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys! I would like to get mewtwo for me and you, if you want him, i'll like to trade with you, i have the 3ds code that has not been used, if i get a wii u download code, I will give you the wii u code as i keep the 3ds code, i only have a 3ds so dont worry about the wii u one, if you want, email me at Tanooki374@gmail.com, again i will email you the wii u code when its out' (I AM NOT A SPAMMER!)
i got it digital so sorry buddy

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
the fact that he has said 'not a spammer' makes me think haha
ive already used my smash 3ds code but i have a nextra from my sisters copy of the game

Evenglare

Smash Rookie
Anyone here excited for Tournament mode more than Mewtwo? I mean... ONLINE TOURNAMENTS how awesome is that going to be !? Can't wait.

Evenglare

Smash Rookie
Your phrasing makes it sound like you have the mewtwo 3ds code. Is this true? If not you should clarify it's a (presumably) full game code or whatever.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Countless will die by a stampede on their quest to get their hands on the Mewtwo Amiibo once it's released.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
just thought of this... will it work like CoD DLC maps? that only people with Mewtwo can fight others that also have Mewtwo?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
BUT WILL IT HAVE THE TOURNAMENT UPDATE AS WELL AS THE MIIVERSE STAGE?

D

Deleted member

Maybe there will be a game update to allow it
It would be a mandatory update for online where you'd have the data already on your device but simply can't access it without lifting the paywall. So you could probably FIGHT a Mewtwo player, but you couldn't use him or probably access the new stage(s).

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Where are people getting that there is going to be a direct from? I see no info on smashboards about a direct unless you guys are anticipating that one is gonna happen.

D

Deleted member

Just some Mewtwo taglines:

Mewtwo (Psy)strikes Back!!!

Mewtwo Psycho Breaks the competition!

Mewtwo Warps In!

Mewtwo Predicts A Fight (see what I did there?)!

Mewtwo Returns!

Mewtwo Awakens Into Battle!

Mewtwo Clones Up The Fight!

Mewtwo Joins The Battle!

Mewtwo Mews In!

Mewtwo Finds Purpose In Battle!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Excuse me while I spam the thread with my homemade reveal pic!

I wonder if we'll see a Mewtwo amiibo in the coming months after Mewtwo becomes available.

Illuminati13

Smash Rookie
NNID
JulesF13
Will the DLC be buyable at some point after the code's have been sent? I am really hyped. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
Yes it will be, I believe Sakurai said in an interview that you can buy it at a later date

Top Bottom