• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Confirms Mewtwo Release On The Horizon

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
With only ten days remaining to register your copies of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U at Club Nintendo, the question still remains of when exactly players will be able to see him in action. Thankfully, it's looking as if the gap between the registration deadline and Mewtwo's release won't be that large. In a recent interview airing on a live Nico broadcast, Sakurai explained that the endevour was "pretty much done" and that "we plan to release Mewtwo pretty soon". Sakurai also confirmed that more details would be released in an upcoming announcement.

What awaits us in the announcement? Will we get a new character trailer? How will Mewtwo's release impact the metagame? Share your thoughts and hype with me on Twitter. -Xiivi

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Will the DLC be buyable at some point after the code's have been sent? I am really hyped. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
SECOND POST
well for announcement

talking about mewtwos moves

and probably more than mewtwo in development
(and im not talking about the miiverse and tourney mode offline/online)

Last edited:

Globe

I only care for waifus
It surely doesn't take this long to make one character. ;)

Well I can't say I know cause I've never made a game.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Anyone who wants to fight a character other than Mewtwo on For Glory, now's your last chance.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Imagine if we got a trailer for him. I can just imagine... the screen fades in from black. We see machines and containers, before the camera zooms onto a door, it opens, and it's dark behind. We hear a voice saying "We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon"... two blue eyes lights up... the voice continues: "And we succeeded."

The Mewtwo theme song from the first movie starts playing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJy7xY9HR0Q This is a good remix of it, used in PM, the part I'm referring to starts at 0:30) before text appears, saying "Mewtwo Strikes Back!".

One can only dream :)

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
WHY DID YOU CLOSE MY THREAD MODS

ANYWAY

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
2015 is too good Mewtwo and Frieza both make their return

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Mewtwo come out of a Master Ball rather than a Poke Ball like the other Pokemon in this game. It would just be a cool little detail.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if we got a trailer for him. I can just imagine... the screen fades in from black. We see machines and containers, before the camera zooms onto a door, it opens, and it's dark behind. We hear a voice saying "We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon"... two blue eyes lights up... the voice continues: "And we succeeded."

The Mewtwo theme song from the first movie starts playing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJy7xY9HR0Q This is a good remix of it, used in PM, the part I'm referring to starts at 0:30) before text appears, saying "Mewtwo Strikes Back!".

One can only dream :)
they are probably going to make a trailer for him.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Cannot wait for the upcoming announcement. The due date is drawing near.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'd like to see Mewtwo come out of a Master Ball rather than a Poke Ball like the other Pokemon in this game. It would just be a cool little detail.
that or similar to lucarios is probably what his/her entrance is going to be in for glory mode.

(by her its possible of genesect voice mewtwo but i am very very confident its going to be male because sakurai probably knows the fans prefer male voice mewtwo.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm more interested in this announcement than Mewtwo coming out. Wonder what it'll be.

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
It surely doesn't take this long to make one character. ;)

Well I can't say I know cause I've never made a game.
We actually KNOW that it doesn't take this long. Because of how many charakters we have and how long it took to develope this game.

pkdrawing

Smash Rookie
Lucas and Ice Climbers will be bundled with Mewtwo Kappa
Or something else I mean it's been a while.

CamJamSlamMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cam_TriforceMan
3DS FC
4811-6936-8465
Kind of hoping that it's taking a while because Mewtwo is getting a massive overhaul as far as its moves go; wasn't a big fan of Melee Mewtwo.

Soul.

Good to know Mewtwo's coming. Now all we can do is wait until the Pokémon is released.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I really hope Sakurai can release more DLCs over the next few years... maybe not just characters, but stages.

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
that or similar to lucarios is probably what his/her entrance is going to be in for glory mode.

(by her its possible of genesect voice mewtwo but i am very very confident its going to be male because sakurai probably knows the fans prefer male voice mewtwo.)
For Glory mode doesn't have different entrance animations than other modes, lol.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Smashboards hours late with the news, as usual

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
MEWTWO!!! I WILL TRY TO MAIN YOU!!!! HYPE!

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo better get a trailer showcasing buffs to a majority of his moves and completely new side and down specials.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Totally going to attempt to main.
MEWTWO!!! I WILL TRY TO MAIN YOU!!!! HYPE!
Yo, he's gonna be everyone's main! He'll be showing up more than Little Mac in For Glory matches! :grin:

Mewtwo better get a trailer showcasing buffs to a majority of his moves and completely new side and down specials.
B...but I like PM Mewtwo. Ç^Ç They did so much to caramelize his moves. I don't care if his Disable is cheap

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero

What is Lucario's entrance? I haven't paid any attention to that character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
YUSSSSS! :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:

Also this should mean a Direct is very soon. HYPE!

Top Bottom