• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Confirms Mewtwo Release On The Horizon

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
With only ten days remaining to register your copies of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U at Club Nintendo, the question still remains of when exactly players will be able to see him in action. Thankfully, it's looking as if the gap between the registration deadline and Mewtwo's release won't be that large. In a recent interview airing on a live Nico broadcast, Sakurai explained that the endevour was "pretty much done" and that "we plan to release Mewtwo pretty soon". Sakurai also confirmed that more details would be released in an upcoming announcement.

What awaits us in the announcement? Will we get a new character trailer? How will Mewtwo's release impact the metagame? Share your thoughts and hype with me on Twitter. -Xiivi
i'm expeeeectiiing early april at best

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
IT'S ABOUT TIME! Well the Announcement has got me interested, could it possibly be more character DLC? I can only hope and wait at this point.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yayz.

.........What were you expecting? Oh, a trailer idea? *sigh* sure.

.....Yeah no. Everyone's just gonna hate it anyway because I'd DARE to reference a time with Mewtwo as a heroic character rather than the evil overlord of a "badass" everyone is all like "omgsohypeslawlhypehypehype" about.

Or they'd hate on Femtwo and accuse me of not being a real fan because I DARE to like something about the Anime. Or rather, the NEWER anime.

And quite frankly, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai right now to be all like: "Oh, you didn't get both versions? too bad, now you have to pay a million dollars lawl"

Otherwise he's gonna troll the Femtwo haters and bring her voice in. Then I'll laugh at their cries. "waaah! I wanted the male voice waaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaah!"

I'm sick of these idiotic fanbases.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm probably weird for saying this but I want to pay for Mewtwo because I hope that helps encourage them to make more characters available for DLC in the future. I'm probably one of the three people who doesn't want Mewtwo for free.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Mewtwo will suck. I can confirm my dad works for Nintendo and mew2king
Probably will. Going to be a bad day for those who bought both the Wii U and 3DS version just so they could get Mewtwo. xD lol

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm probably weird for saying this but I want to pay for Mewtwo because I hope that helps encourage them to make more characters available for DLC in the future. I'm probably one of the three people who doesn't want Mewtwo for free.
No that's good in my opinion i believe mewtwo is a test subject to the masses to see if dlc is really necessary for smash don't you agree?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No that's good in my opinion i believe mewtwo is a test subject to the masses to see if dlc is really necessary for smash don't you agree?
It really isn't necessary but virtually everyone wants it. DLC characters in Smash have been a common discussion since 2008. Honestly, they only thing I'm really expecting them to do is bring back some of the cut characters because that seems like that would be the easier thing to do.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think he's doing well, practically everyone here on Smashboards wants more DLC.
It really isn't necessary but virtually everyone wants it. DLC characters in Smash have been a common discussion since 2008. Honestly, they only thing I'm really expecting them to do is bring back some of the cut characters because that seems like that would be the easier thing to do.
And since Sakurai didn't reveal who any of the cut characters were (except for Ice Climbers) We'll have no idea if they were planned for the base game or not.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
it would but new ones wouldn't be a bad idea also maybe adding more features like dlc costumes

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Yo, he's gonna be everyone's main! He'll be showing up more than Little Mac in For Glory matches! :grin:

B...but I like PM Mewtwo. Ç^Ç They did so much to caramelize his moves. I don't care if his Disable is cheap
Everybody's main? No, just no.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So since Mewtwo is coming right around the corner, what does this mean for EVO 2015 and customs? Will all games at EVO have Mewtwo added? (They probably will). Will Mewtwo customs have to be unlocked? (I hope not). If it does, maybe customs might start to be questioned of being included at EVO 2015...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I can see the latest direct now.

Everyone's expectation of the direct:

The reality:

And Mewtwo's Reveal:

Happy [Second] Day of Spring Everyone! :troll::troll::troll:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I want more than just Mewtwo. He is just a lame character. I really want to see Rayman or Wonder-Red really make it into this game as playable characters. Or even Marshall/ChorusKid being a thing. Any of those three would be awesome.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Will the DLC be buyable at some point after the code's have been sent? I am really hyped. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
It will be available as paid dlc too.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
We actually KNOW that it doesn't take this long. Because of how many charakters we have and how long it took to develope this game.
Mewtwo isn't the only thing he was working on.

Supahsawnik99

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperSawnik99
Will the DLC be buyable at some point after the code's have been sent? I am really hyped. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
I think it is going to be available for purchase sometime after Nintendo sends out Mewtwo to Club Nintendo people. And, save a seat for me on said hype train! :D :mewtwo:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Mewtwo hype.
Now with a final smash and custom moves.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Lol, imma announce an announcement but not say when it is so I can announce the announcement later while announcing it now."

Sakurai please.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Yayz.

.....Yeah no. Everyone's just gonna hate it anyway because I'd DARE to reference a time with Mewtwo as a heroic character rather than the evil overlord of a "badass" everyone is all like "omgsohypeslawlhypehypehype" about.

Or they'd hate on Femtwo and accuse me of not being a real fan because I DARE to like something about the Anime. Or rather, the NEWER anime.

And quite frankly, I wouldn't put it past Sakurai right now to be all like: "Oh, you didn't get both versions? too bad, now you have to pay a million dollars lawl"

Otherwise he's gonna troll the Femtwo haters and bring her voice in. Then I'll laugh at their cries. "waaah! I wanted the male voice waaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaah!"

Dude...what on Earth is your problem? Did one of them verbally abuse you, or something?

Btw, I might actually get along with Femtwo. It's confirmed by anime canon that Femtwo is not the same Mewtwo as the first one. Makes sense; female voice, doesn't recognize Ash, capable of mega evolving by herself. I actually wonder if she's the result of experiments trying to make Pokémon mega evolve on their own like Rayquaza... What if the experiments were INSPIRED by Rayquaza?! 030

As a matter of fact, I'll deal with Femtwo as long as her Final Smash is Mega Y

Last edited:

THERyanP7

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but think "pretty soon" means not that soon especially coming from sakurai... early April release or bust! I also can't help but feel like mewtwo will be like the GC adapter.. dagh please let me be wrong!

THERyanP7

Smash Apprentice
But on the bright side... I've never seen a dlc pack in a game that had only ONE thing in it! ;) don't prove me wrong on this or it'll kill the little hope I have!

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Okay, I'm going to be a downer here.

Japanese is a very high context language. From my experience, when they say something like "soon" or "pretty much" there's usually some sort of greater social context attached, something that you'd have to be Japanese to get. It's that kind of language. I wouldn't take anything vague to mean the most literal thing.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yayz.

Maikou.
If ya don't like it, don't talk about it lol.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't think we'll be getting a trailer (considering he's not a newcomer :mewtwomelee:), but I'm just glad I'll have my main back soon.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
MEWTWO HYPE!

I hope he has a male VA. Loved the one in melee. :^)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
it would but new ones wouldn't be a bad idea also maybe adding more features like dlc costumes
New ones can wait until the next game as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much every character I wanted either made it in as playable or an AT so I'm mostly concerned with whether they'll bring some veterans back. Realistically speaking, I could see :popo::lucas::wolf: coming back, even if it takes another year.

Top Bottom