• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai’s Famitsu Column, Vol. 481 - Translation By Source Gaming

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
My predictions (or should I say wishful thinking lol) for the rest of Smash 4 DLC...

August Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for Snake
- Reveal trailer for the IC's (or someone else depending on 3DS limitations)
- Both characters become playable immediately like with Lucas/Roy/Ryu
- Shadow Moses Island and Icicle Mountain are released alongside their returns
- Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle are also released.
- Saffron City revealed but not released
- Tournament mode finally gets released
- Announcement of Adventure Mode (similar to Melee's one)
- More Amiibo's and stuff

October Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for Wolf and announcement of a release date for him close to Star Fox Zero's launch date
- Saffron City is released
- Announcement of 3 Melee stages (Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, and Fourside)
- A look at how Adventure Mode will be like
- Smash Ballot ends and Sakurai reveals K. Rool and Isaac (similar to how Mewtwo was revealed) won because of their humongous fan support. A release date of late December is announced for both of them.
- More Amiibo's

December Nintendo Direct

- Reveal trailer for K. Rool
- 3 Melee stages mentioned above get released immediately after the Direct.
- Adventure Mode released
- Reveal trailer for Isaac along with a release of a Golden Sun Stage
- Announcement of both characters being released immediately after the direct
- Custom Moves for all DLC characters are released
- Palutena's Guidance and Snake's Codecs for all characters including DLC ones
- Amiibo's for any characters without them at that point of time
- DLC is officially finished and Sakurai thanks fans for playing Super Smash Bros
I wish except you forgot about Pirate Ship and Nintendo Land stage. ;)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This kinda deconfirms Wolf. Since everyone thought he would automatically get insmash bros no one voted for him.

Deconfirmed is the wrong word but I dont think as many people voted for Wolf as many people voted for say.. King K Rool or Shantae.
Wolf is the most requested veteran after Ice Climbers. Judging from the activity his support thread has, he has been getting votes.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This kinda deconfirms Wolf. Since everyone thought he would automatically get insmash bros no one voted for him.

Deconfirmed is the wrong word but I dont think as many people voted for Wolf as many people voted for say.. King K Rool or Shantae.
Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake have consistently been in the top ten in polls since the initial roster was leaked last August. This is pretty significant when you consider that demand for characters like Shovel Knight, Inkling, and Bayonetta has cooled down considerably since April and I'd be ballsy enough to say that at least one of them has probably jumped to top 5 of most demanded.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
These polls in general aren't that meaningful as they only encompass a tiny, TINY fraction of the votes of the overall ballot, and only represent what specific kinds of communities want (Smashboards is always gonna pick whatever characters the Smash speculative community deems best. NeoGAF is gonna pick more obscure characters and indies, since a lot of the community prefers those to the big AAA franchises and the big wig corporations. etc, etc).

It's best not to use them as a reference at all.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Except Sakurai rarely goes with characters simply because of their popularity and has stated this many times over. This is why he's gone "lol, nope" for characters like Daisy and Ridley time and time again. When it comes to character picks, sites like us usually are a lot better predictors of whose probably being considered.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except Sakurai rarely goes with characters simply because of their popularity and has stated this many times over. This is why he's gone "lol, nope" for characters like Daisy and Ridley time and time again. When it comes to character picks, sites like us usually are a lot better predictors of whose probably being considered.
Characters like Ridley and Daisy are only really popular here and on similar sites though anyway, so I don't see how that's relevant.

The whole point of the ballot is just for people to vote for whoever. Smashboards doesn't get special prominence in the ballot.

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
I
Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake have consistently been in the top ten in polls since the initial roster was leaked last August. This is pretty significant when you consider that demand for characters like Shovel Knight, Inkling, and Bayonetta has cooled down considerably since April and I'd be ballsy enough to say that at least one of them has probably jumped to top 5 of most demanded.
I hope they get in. That would be cool.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
At this point I'm hoping the DLC looks like:
-K Rool
-Isaac
-Wolf
-Zelda Rep (Tetra? Impa?)
-Shantae

That's all I could ever want, really.

Spatman

Smash Ace

Sakurai also said Mewtwo would be the only DLC, and instead theay were developing Lucas, Roy and Ryu too.
Surely, there is another character already in development, and he is Wolf, who will be announced in Star Fox's direct

Top Bottom