• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SacSmash 5/24/08 - TAG Monthly X *100$ FIRST PRIZE*

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
****ty. I have a friend coming up from LA that was interested in going, but I guess we'll just stick to staying at my place and playing. Anyone interested in coming over sometime this weekend/next week to play?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
OK the venue has officially canceled, so the tournament WILL BE HELD THIS SATURDAY AT TYDERIUMS.

Venue info will be posted soon, but the tournament will be happening.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
You might want to change the first sentence that still says it's being held at Round Table.

As for attending this now, I'm gonna have to check some maps to see if I can easily get there using public transit.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Ok thanks for pointing that out.

Btw I'll see who I'm getting a ride from and I'll see if we have an extra seat. I'm guessing you took the light rail to DG IV right? If so we can pick you up from there (Civil and I live just down the street from it) and drop you off there afterwards.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Ok thanks for pointing that out.

Btw I'll see who I'm getting a ride from and I'll see if we have an extra seat. I'm guessing you took the light rail to DG IV right? If so we can pick you up from there (Civil and I live just down the street from it) and drop you off there afterwards.
Yes, I did. Don't you remember the whole ordeal at the end of DG IV where I was almost stuck there for a few hours? ;b

I may not need a ride, I might just drive myself, depending on where it is.

tc1

Smash Lord
OMFG.. wow del please take the SACBIWEEKLY TAG OFF THESE untill you can find a stable venue, your creating bad rep for yourself.. as for me i wont be attending

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
lol...I wont confuse or kill myself here, unless someone pics me up, I am free saturday turds! lol! YAY!!! NO MORE BAND COMPETITIONS UNTIL NEXT BAND SEASON YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tc1

Smash Lord
Del>> Plz Head My Words>> You Re Screwing Up The Sbw!! Get A Stable Venue

Tydes Crib + 28 Smasher + Screaming = Not A Good Tourny I can see it now,, (tyde) A guys you gotta keep it down, theres people under us ahahahaha,Good luck yall lol

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I'm gonna get to yell at a lot of people. It's going to be great. You need to find a stable venue real quick here though because I can't guarantee to get every other saturday off, as you can see by how many sbws I've attended.

However, I feel confident that I can pull this one off just fine.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
all hail tyderium for holding a SBwM

Sacramento biweeklies have now...become Manly....O.O NK please agree lol!

so...right now...its reallly weird...but can someone please give me a freaking ride to this! I want to to to...to smash!!! COME ON SOMEONE PICK ME UP!!!!!

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Ok. To get this thing going you all need to know some ground rules. Read these things carefully people.

---No excessive noise---

I know it's easy to get excited and all, but I have neighbors to think of, not to mention the unlucky dude who has to live below us. Talking is fine but when everybody starts shouting at winner's finals there's gonna be problems. Any yelling is going to make me a very angry guy and if I don't feel like adding more noise by yelling at you to shut the hell up, I'll compromise and just whack you on the back of your head. So please, just keep it reasonable, folks.

---Anything that comes in with you leaves with you---

Every time I have a smashfest I always have generous amounts of trash donated to me and I usually gain a controller. My roommate already has a full-time job of giving me stuff to clean, and he doesn't need your help. Try to pick up your garbage. This includes food trash, cans, bottles, controllers, and small children.

---It's my home, not yours---

Show some human respect for my stuff. Try not to break chairs. Don't raid my fridge. I buy food for me, not you. You are free to use the restroom, but be civil about it. Don't go into my room or my roommates without permission, por favor. Leave my computer alone. I will let you look at brackets, etc., just don't grab my computer to check your myspace or anything like that.

---Deal with the smell---

Please, PLEASE shower and wear deodorant before you come. I am aware you do not think you smell bad, but you do. All men smell bad. Get over yourself and put on some deodorant. And I have no problem if you smoke, just make sure to stay outside for 10 minutes after you finish before you come back in. If I notice you breaking this rule and can smell it, I'm going to promptly febreze you. This will most likely get in your eyes. I will not have any sympathy for you. I will, in all likelihood, laugh at it. So don't.

---Some other random things---

Bring your own controller
Any setups are appreciated (I have two and need at LEAST 2 more for a smooth tourney)
No friendlies when a tournament match needs to be played, blah blah blah...
A special invitation goes out to DBR. It'd be appreciated if any of you guys managed to show up.

I think that's all. If I think of anything else I'll post it. I want everyone to come to this, so if you're on the fence I highly suggest you come over. Players of all skill are welcome.

Oh yeah, if you need help with directions or anything like that, just call my cell at
(916) 952-2719.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OMFG.. wow del please take the SACBIWEEKLY TAG OFF THESE untill you can find a stable venue, your creating bad rep for yourself.. as for me i wont be attending
Del>> Plz Head My Words>> You Re Screwing Up The Sbw!! Get A Stable Venue

Tydes Crib + 28 Smasher + Screaming = Not A Good Tourny I can see it now,, (tyde) A guys you gotta keep it down, theres people under us ahahahaha,Good luck yall lol
It doesn't sound like you're helping, so just leave the people who ARE trying to handle the SBW's alone.

BTW...I am considering coming to this, but be honest with me is it going to be worth the 90 mile drive each way?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
It doesn't sound like you're helping, so just leave the people who ARE trying to handle the SBW's alone.

BTW...I am considering coming to this, but be honest with me is it going to be worth the 90 mile drive each way?
If it's anything like DG IV, I'd say yes. I had a blast.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I can't say for sure how many people will show, so I don't know. Jon's SBies got between 20-25 every time but because of the break there may be less. I know that all of Nova will be there, and all the locals. We'll have 15 at the very least, I think. Also with some of the newcomers, like enoc.gt and Jihnsius, we'll probably hit 20. If Zoap comes he'll bring a few, and seeing as how DBR wants to crew battle Nova there is a chance they're considering.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman

And questioning the tourney is helping how? :)

As for the drive, that's entirely up to you. Obviously I'm gonna try to make this as fun as possible. I always want to play new people and would prefer you came but I'm not gonna force anything on you. This is all going to come down to you and how much you want to come down. If you have nothing else to do, I would say to come on over. If there's other big plans you're considering, I would go for those. But unless it's something major, I think this is probably going to be a really fun way to spend saturday.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
fawk school, I can't make it cause I have to lead a group of my school at a Cesar Chavez march on saturday, sorry but I wont make it, please enjoy your smashing

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I wont be able to make it to this one, I am going to the SF one. I will do all I can to pull some strings and make it to the next one. It will good to play some sac smashers again.

DRGN

Technowizard
I have high hopes for the future of the Sac Biweeklies. I'm confident that with such a demand for a sizable tournament series, and Delphiki's guidance, they really have the potential to be excellent community events, of which many people will happily travel to. But of this particular one, i'm skeptical...

I'm sure that once Delphiki finds a stable, suitable host, NorCal will have a very respectable renewed tournament series on its hands.

Sheridan, if you come up may I just make a reservation with you ahead of time for some quality friendlies? I'm particularly interested in your take on combat at the moment.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
Senior year of mines, there will be a biweekly going on at my house for the whole school year, so called "senior projects" are good excuses to smash!

So once thats set, Delphiki you'll help me organize things right....if not probably Simna

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
i WOULD PROBABLY FALL INTO ASKING THE SCHOOL, IF I CAN HOST MY TOURNAMENTS ON CAMPUSS, IN THE CAFETERIA....WHICH IS........BIG ENOUGH....TO FIT AROUND....150 SMASHERS LOL

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
no, due to insurance issues I highly doubt he would be able to do it at the school.

also I think this biweekly will be different from DG because that was an STD for like a day+half, this will be over at night. Im not going because teamscape is going to be having a tourney for the other fighting game we play that same day. So im not sure if it would be worth it to you hyuga.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
This biweekly will be balls. But I plan on attending just to smash with people. 10$ says that 4 people show up. If like no one shows we should just turn the tourney into a Manly Smashfest.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I already know that this is gonna be a weak biweekly. Would make it into a Manly smashfest, but I have the sac biweekly name to consider. Still gonna be fun though. Still gonna be a money tourney also. 3$ singles, 5$ teams if theres enough people.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
There's no need to drop the price. Dropping the price will drop the entrants and make for a weaker tourney. Good players won't want to come from out of the area for a small pot. The only small problem with this biweekly will be a cramped venue.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
We've done that before, and the only problem is time. SBies usually start at like 2, and finish around 7-8. With extra events they run really late.

Low Tier is so fun though ^_^. I <3 Pichu. Btw guys T0mmy just said I was a top 5 Pichu player. TAKE THAT!!!!

DRGN

Technowizard
I wonder where i'm at with my Kirby. O_o

How many Kirbys are in Pacific West, anyhow?

Chok, what did you think of my Kirby btw? I think I played you a few times with him...

lol, it's just that he's so fun!.. <(^_^)>​

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean to drop the price... I just was saying that I have an alternate pricing plan set up if there are fewer entrants.

Top Bottom