• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sa2vation- FT: Cyrain, Chillin, DoH, CT Zero, Cheese, Doom, Seagull, Nintendude!

Izzet

Smash Rookie
Could we put it to a vote? Who wants 2 stocks and who wants 3 stocks? (mine would be 3 > 2)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I mean, you can vote but it won't really change my mind. This is an experiment that the community has needed for years now, we need concrete evidence that A. this is an unusable format (and what better way to prove it than the king of mews himself) or B. This format doesn't make a difference or C. This is really a good format of play.

Without actually trying it, it's all theory craft. So i'm really looking forward to giving this a try. Also, keep in mind that I anticipate we will return to a regular format next month.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
If you want to team with a puff, I'll team with you. I'm good but not great so if you want someone better go for it.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Considering bussing from Boston for this.

Would arrive Saturday morning and leave on Sunday. Would be going Boston -> NYC -> NYC -> Baltimore (then vice versa). Can someone help with housing and/or help me with a ride from Baltimore to the venue?

Also is this just going to be a small local or a good turnout?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Notable people for Melee would include Chillin, Cyrain, DoH, me, Vist, Wenbo, Strong Bad, and maybe m2k, Redd, laijin, and Mahone. For PM, JCaesar's crew will be there. Not sure if the overall turnout will be large but there will certainly be a handful of really good players.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Also lets not forget the potential for a bunch of local unknown college players coming out, hence why the tournament is $5.

The college campus is quite nice to walk around on too. I could watch girl's soccer all day there.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Seems like there will be a lot of solid talent here. Pretty seriously considering this!

Would someone want to kick it with me in Baltimore (or wherever, really!) on Sunday?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright- so I've bumped up the Brawl times a little bit and delayed Melee a little bit to work with the ideal stream schedule for GIMR, so please pay attention to the times. We'll be moving extremely quickly so there is plenty of time for friendlies.

PLEASE BE HERE ONTIME BY 11:30AM ON SATURDAY SO WE CAN GET EVERYONE REGISTERED AND GET EVERYTHING GOING BY 12PM! SHOWING UP AT 12:30PM WILL GET YOU NOT ENTERED OR DQ'D.

Also- My wife will be helping me run the tournament. She will be collecting money and maintaining the bracket. If you are running late- she will DQ you faster than I will, so be prepared. Please just try to be on-time though. I think 12pm is a very fair starting time. Also, be nice to her, it's her birthday weekend :)

Can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
lmao, well I mean if Richmond has trouble getting here on time and it needs to move back a half hour, we can do that, but ideally i'd like to get matches started by 12pm. Melee teams shouldn't take that long anyways.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
lmao, well I mean if Richmond has trouble getting here on time and it needs to move back a half hour, we can do that, but ideally i'd like to get matches started by 12pm. Melee teams shouldn't take that long anyways.
A little extra comfort room for Richmond to get there would be appreciated. :) I'm hearing from some people that it may snow on Friday so anything could happen. We'll try our best to get there before registration ends though.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah, I understand you all are coming a long way. Snow should be done by Friday night so it should be cleaned up by Saturday morning, especially since we have notice. But we'll play it by ear. At least it won't snow on Saturday.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Seems likely that I'm coming down to this. Not sure with who, but 2 stock hype?

Top Bottom