• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

zApollo

Smash Ace
Can someone explain to me what the rules/times/everything related of the smash competitions are in Avcon? I'll go if I'm not out of town then.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
ikr. Better than items though.

Practicing with singles rules atm. The items aren't that bad. Not really game changing or op. Except maybe pitfall.

:phone:

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Although last year in the GF, the soccer ball was turned on, even though it was suppose to be turned off, which almost caused Jamage to lose. If I lose to a banned item, I'm going to go right off at them.

I think I have a chance to win this, if most of the S.A crew don't make it out of the FFA rounds. But we all know you will just plank those rounds. lol

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I doubt I'll need to plank :3

Though I DO plan to avoid combat as much as possible.

And don't worry, I'll be closely monitoring every Brawl setup to make sure that soccer ball incident doesn't repeat itself.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Haha, same.

Alright, sweet.

@Scoot: They are, just not in tournaments.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
@Scoot: it's not serious because it has items. Items are bad for tournaments, and makes it less competitive, which is bad. Of course, some tourneys can have fun and have items on, but for a huge tournament like this, it would be better without them.

I'm horrible at FFA. I won't even make it past the first round. D:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Oh ****

If Nova and Apollo team

How will Grim and I face Domo and Aces in a quadruple MK grand final?

And Gears, you'll be better than most of the people there, in FFA just camp, casuals tend to be super aggro.

Some of them are mega campy, but they have really obvious patterns, so yea.

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
just sit at the edge, when they come at you, **** them. pretty simple luls

should be good though :D

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Im putting together a Halo team to win the Reach 4v4 as its unlikly ill win FFA or doubles in brawl.
Hopefully one of us wins ffa not some Avcon random using link and getting lucky with laser gun against another noob.

If anyone wants to come over for some matches during the holidays just let me know.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I think at least one of us will make it through to GF.

Hopefully two, otherwise it'll probably just be really one sided.
/inb4 all the good players are in the same FFA round

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
/jamage, wouldn't mind coming to yours with seth +1 or 2 others and having an FFA / doubles sesh lol

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for a small meet as well. And Jamage, I'm still up for joining your Halo team. You know I'm good. :D

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
One at Apollos tomorrow, one at jamages friday, sounds pretty good~

zApollo

Smash Ace
Mason is correct, I've been asking around and seeing who's interested today.

It is not confirmed yet, I am still waiting on a call about an appointment time which nobody thought to tell me until I just remembered about it now.

I assume atm it's, Domo +2 others, Mason and maybe Ghost who are interested atm.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested. But Techa is coming over tomorrow for AVCon doubles practice. I'll go to Jamage's meet on Friday.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Teaching him not to hit me all the time, like he always does. Plus singles practice as well.

Also, Lv9 CPU greater than/equal to AVCon noobs.

I'll see if he wants to come to Chris' meet tomorrow instead.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
AVCon noobs are pretty bad, don't practice against lvl 9's though, practice against lvl 3's, because they're better when trying to practice strings n stuff.

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
^agreed ghost

and~ ya you should come to chris's, doubles and FFA practice will be fun =D

Top Bottom