• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Browny

Smash Hater
This tourney will surely have helped Sonic in his mission to get into steak tier!

lol despite the meh turnout least the brawl tourney went ok. Hopefully all the new people who came yesterday will come next time, along with all the others who didnt (>_> traitors!) for like 24 people at least :D

also mega lol @ aisuka 3-stocking 36% whoever was using the ps2 controller with MK by only pressing down-b with pikachu, funniest thing ive seen in ages :p

Browny

Smash Hater
lol mafesto i meant people who may have skipped SG to go to valhalla instead. (Apparently SG and them dont get along too well from what i heard yesterday :p)

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
I missed it to earn a second place at a friend's house for poker (always coming up 2nd best!)

I've been trying to get my housemate into Brawl a bit more so maybe he will come next time as well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey Adelaide, I'm making a Character Rank list for the Australia region just like Ankoku has (which is now down.?)

If you guys could fill me in on the top 8 from all the brawl singles tournaments you've had in the past 3 months (throughout August, September and October) with character usage (i.e. what characters the top 8 used), and the number of entrants that would be great.

Thanks for your help :)

Browny

Smash Hater
well I dont think the top 8 character list exists for any SG tourneys beyond the last one since i was the first to suggest it lol

anyway last one (SGLP 08.09) was

1st Djbrowny - Lucario/Snake/Sonic
2nd Kaeser - Wolf
3rd Capt - DDD
4th Jamage - G&W
5th Black - Zelda
6th: Flip - Cpt Falcon
7th: Aisuka - Pikachu
8th: ??? - Kirby

18 entrants

Yesterdays (14 entrants) should be up soon :) Sonic for steak tier!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thanks Browny.

But if it is possible to get the list for august, trying to remember what characters were used, I'd appreciate it :)

And of course the 10/10ths results asap is good too :D

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
The Guy using a PS2 controller will always be there as he is an admin.

8.10 Results (10/10/08)
1st: DJ Browny - Sonic
2nd: Leech - Zelda
3rd: Aisuka - Pikachu
4th: Ash - Ike
5th: Simoth - Link
6th: Jamage - Game & Watch
7th: Scott - Ness
8th: Shadowman909 - Link

Have to get the offical FFA cage match results from Aisuka but I think it was:
1st: Jamage - Game & Watch
2nd: Scott??? - Ness
3rd: DJ Browny - Sonic
4th: Kerri - Lucario

BTW next Lan is FREE if you have never been a Lanner at Streetgeek before and you register on the website.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Yeah only 14, it was a small lan for a few reasons. Lan before It was cut off at 18 and then when the comp started 5-10 more people wanted in. Next Lan should be huge, its FREE for noobs and only clashes with 1 Lan not 3 or 4 like last weekend.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
well I dont think the top 8 character list exists for any SG tourneys beyond the last one since i was the first to suggest it lol
8.6 (June)
1st: Hybrid - Metanight
2nd: Black Aces - Zelda
3rd: Jamage - Cpt Faqlcon
4th: Anykey - Pit
5th: Shadowmandog2 - Link

SG 8.7 (July)
1st: Flip - Cpt Falcon
2nd: Alecat - Lucas
3rd: Aisuka - Pikachu
4th: John Scobie - Ike
5th: Jamage - Cpt Falcon

SG 8.8 (August)
1st: Aisuka - Pikachu
2nd: Mafesto - Marth
3rd: Jamage - Cpt Falcon
5th: Shadowman909 - Link
5th: Groove Master General - Marth
5th: Milk - Mario

And you have the 2 most recent ones.

Thats the best I could get for ya.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
i knew you had the top 5, just not the top 8's >_<

anyway shaya are you going to be doing the same 2-month cut-off (or any time period) that ankoku was doing or just have all the results cumaltive?

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Hey it's Mafesto here, I go by The Blue Bomber now. I'll definitely be coming to tomorrows LAN, I have developed a new play style and started playing as King Dedede. The only problem is I cant practice anymore because I cant play Brawl right now, because my Wii has the DRE and I need to send it in to Nintendo >_>

So I'm gonna be pretty rusty when I get there so I'm gonna need a lot of warm-up matches XD

Browny

Smash Hater
might be an hour and a bit late (after doors open that is...) but ill come dont start without me lol... someone sign me up :D

also yay for kaeser, if only i had a friend who likes brawl i could invite :/ stupid brother wont come :p

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
Bigups to everyone at this one. Some funny and unexpected matches along the way.

Congrats to DJB again, always deserved. As much as I feel comfortable with Wolf against everyone else, I think I might scrap him all together against you haha!

Ice Climbers are a possibility, but they need more finesse I think.

I wanted to hang around for the FFA and 2v2, but my housemate and his friend wanted to head out and I have to head off to band practice in about 10 mins!

Browny

Smash Hater
well the tourney finished at 12:30am on november 1 after starting at like 10:15pm friday night lol idk you figure it out :p

anyway, 19 entrants. same $9 venue fee as always

1st DJBrowny - Lucario/Sonic
2nd Kaeser -Wolf
3rd Dave - Marth
4th Krill - MK
5th Jamage - G&W
6th Aisuka - Pikachu
7th Mafesto - MK
8th Sen - Pikachu

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
That was a great tournament, the doubles were really fun, and me and DJB won! :D

Thanks for being my partner DJB, you were awesome, and I cant wait to play you next time. :)

It's too bad the camera ran out of batteries for the last few doubles matches, oh well we still got some great matches on there.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah the videos to be uploaded will make it seem like we lost lol only got the 2nd set recorded. Also nice job kaeser taking out dave and krill lol you did better than i did vs those two.

I noticed something... in my 3 tournies so far (singles and doubles), not once have i had to play against jamage. always an unfornutate series of events leads us into different brackets :(

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
Yeah Dave has improved so much in the space of 2 LANs. I asked Hybrid if he was coming and he said that he was, but in the end it seems not.

I think it's a conspiracy Dan. Jamie is rigging it! (kidding! :p)

I am thinking about hosting a Smash gathering around my place in December, inbetween StreetGeeks. I live 5 mins from where SG is held and I have enough TV's and room in my house. Not that there is a large SA discussion going on here, but would anyone be keen?

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah he did, (2SXC) he beat my sonic in a pretty epic close match in winners semi-finals lol. I call stage johns on yoshi island btw :p

No one knows where hybrid is, he never respons to GG ladder challeneges and hasnt turned up since the sept 19 lan :(

---

apparently kaeser knows lol. sure id be keen for it

Kaeser

Smash Cadet
I have Hybrid on msn, but he's doing his own thing I guess - I don't see him online very much.

I think I'll have some kind of Smash gathering, even if it ends up being a few of us. Do you think the weekend before xmas (19th/20th/21st) is too late to hold it? I guess people might be away on holiday by then perhaps. The weekend before that I will be partying excessively and before that is SG.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Another great tournament, vid and pics to be uploaded soon full reveiw will be on website when done.

2SXC Dave knocked me into the losers bracket in a very close epic match and after Kaeser beat him he still had another chance and would have had a rematch with DJB but he had to leave for work and forfeit, he still L cancels in brawl lol.

If I had beaten Krill (SO close, damm MK wouldnt die) I would have fought DJB in the next round. Btw it is randomised and I use brackets that tell me where to put the losers. I 3 stocked Techa 1st round :D

The Tekken 5 comp using DDR mats was gold.
Hopefully Hybrid will come to next lan on December 5th.

I live close to you Kaeser so I should be able to come to your smash gathering if im free and im welcome that is.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Jamage's 8.11 HalloweLan/Noobvember Report

Streetgeek Lan Party 8.11 on October 31st and November 1st 2008

Another good turnout for another awesome Lan. A few people were dressed up for Halloween and plenty of noobs got in free, 1 got a noob prize and another had noob written on thier forehead in texta.

We got to set up later than we would have liked in the console area so the Mariokart comp was posponed untill the next day but apart from that it was smooth sailing.

Super Smash Bros Brawl 1v1
Another great bunch of Smash bros Tournaments
People are getting really good, we have a really good bunch of brawlers now.
2SXC Dave knocked me into the losers bracket in a very close epic match and after Kaeser beat him he still had another chance and would have had a rematch with DJB but he had to leave for work and forfeit, he still L cancels in brawl lol.
I lost to Krill in the Quarter finals in a very close match (damm MK wouldnt die).

1st: DJ Browny - Sonic/Lucario
2nd: Kaeser - Wolf
3rd: 2SXC Dave - Marth
4th: Krill - MK
5th: Jamage - Mr G&W
6th: Aisuka - Pikachu
7th: Mafesto - MK/DDD
7th: Sen - Pikachu

(^ Picure file is called SL1337)
Finals Vid: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=COZviDhAB0g

Super Smash Bros Brawl 4 Player FFA
1st: Aisuka - Pikachu
2nd: Krill - MK
3rd: Silverwolf - Kirby
4th: Woodstar - Kirby

Finals Vid: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe7MYUh2Pw

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2v2
1st: DJ Browny - Snake & Mafesto/Blue - MK
2nd: Aisuka - Pikachu & Krill - MK
3rd: Jamage - Mr G&W & Groove Master General - Ike

Finals Vid Pt 1: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vRVRCkJe2FA
Finals Vid Pt 2: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LExWeAuzIPA

Tekken 5 on DDR Mats
One of the Crazyest comps I have ever been a part of was the Tekken 5 comp at 8.11 using DDR
dance mats instead of controls, it was a workout playing Tekken. Watch the vid.
We will do this again next lan.
1st: Aisuka
2nd: Micolous
3rd: Jamage

Vid: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YIYn2VwGOys

Mariokart Wii
It was posponed from Friday night to after lunch saturday but was still alot of fun.
1st: Jamage
2nd: THEIF
3rd: Techa
4th: Box

Overall Console Top 10
1st: Aisuka - 330 Points
2nd: Jamage - 280
3rd: Krill - 260
4th: DJ Browny - 220
5th: Mafesto - 160
6th: Micolous - 135
7th: Techa - 110
8th: Theif - 90
8th: Kaeser - 90
10th: Groove Master General - 80

There was also a bunch of PC tournaments (for those who didnt already know) Frisbeemark and
other stuff that went on when I was busy and cannot report on.

More pics at: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj54/Jamage007/SG Lan November 08/

Thanks again to those who attended, the admins and our sponsors for making another great Lan.

Next Lan: December 5th

Browny

Smash Hater
my playing in those doubles vids was pretty pathetic :/

tl;dw
f-tilt

MK can foad lol

Im gonna have to kick my brothers *** to make him come to the next one. Prepare for a ganon possibly taking 1st place?

Top Bottom