• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Based on some increased interest in SA's scene lately I'll be thinking about putting a PR list together (probs top 5), I'll also tell a few people about it this SG or at the lan the week after it.
If need be I'll use a system similar to the one Victoria uses because I suck with names (point system, which I liked).

Atm, Apollo would be 1 (ZSS), I'd be 2nd (Snake), Jamage would be 3rd (ROB), the rest I'd have to look at results but I think Blue Bomber (Ness) and Asiuka sp? (Zelda?) would be there somewhere.
Plus Grim if he sticks around. :E
And Aces, hopefully.
Hopefully I can get some more people interested.
I'll definitely be sticking around :D

From what I've seen, the list should go like this.
1st: Apollo (Zero Suit Samus)
2nd: Gaganova (Snake)
3rd: Jamage (R.O.B.)
4th: Grim Tuesday (Jigglypuff)/Blue Bomber (Ness)/Aisuka (Zelda) - No idea cause I haven't seen them play much and haven't played them myself.

But I agree that it should be taken directly from tournament results.

EDIT: Wait a second... With the tourney I'll be going on Friday until 12:00 that night... Then going home... Then I have a tennis tournament... Then the Tennis finishes at 12:30 at the latest... Will I be able to participate in the tournaments?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Well I don't think me or Apollo will go on Fri night as I have work and Apollo is usually busy then.

I'll be there on Sat though.
Hopefully there is a Melee/Brawl tourney as I just read that Smash 64 is listed instead.
I'm not motivated to play that anymore lol.
So even if there isn't I'll play Melee/Brawl instead.

Lespar

Smash Cadet
Okay, thanks for the info Nova.

I might be able to go to the Valhalla thing (and drag a couple of friends) but the streetgeek LAN for this month is looking unlikely (year 12's a *****).

Anyway, thanks, might see you at Valhalla

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's going good so far, my first match was a random stage that came out as Saffron City... I was playing as Ness :\
Luckily got second by spamming PK Thunder, my next match is up now :D

EDIT: Knocked out in the semi-finals. The filler Level 7 DK went for me pretty much the whole time, and I suicided on the last stock. This, folks, is why you normally don't have FFA tournaments :\

Nova

Banned via Warnings
They did it last year as well iirc (RetroLan).
It was the Lan where I ended up with a neck ache from playing Eagle on the projector aimed at the roof, lol.

Edit: And it doesn't really matter because there is one next week.
If you need any help running the Bracket/TO or telling people to hurry the eff up, I can be bίtchy, thx. <3

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Great LAN!
Props to Jamage for organising ****, and sarcastic props to the organ lady for delaying us for like an hour.
I would have done better in the Brawl if I could use Puff, but eh, that's what Valhalla is for.

SethT

Smash Ace
Great LAN!
Props to Jamage for organising ****, and sarcastic props to the organ lady for delaying us for like an hour.
I would have done better in the Brawl if I could use Puff, but eh, that's what Valhalla is for.
Yeah, for the time I was there it was a blast! Thanks!

Some awesome players there!

**** you and your counter-pick Grim! :D I shall be practicing on Rainbow Ride for sure! Looking forward to vs'in you again most!

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I failed hilariously in 64 FFA. I want to say it was because I was playing Smash 64 before on my computer with my 360 controller and that's what was wrong but I dunno.

How did 1v1 go? I hope Brawl 1v1 doesn't happen before I have to go home next SG.

Also a PR ranking sounds great, but does Aitsuka really play Zelda? I thought he played Pikachu, and I haven't even seen him in a while. You sure you're not thinking of Shadowman?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah, for the time I was there it was a blast! Thanks!

Some awesome players there!

**** you and your counter-pick Grim! :D I shall be practicing on Rainbow Ride for sure! Looking forward to vs'in you again most!
Haha, I took Jamage there and he owned me. I did much better in our re-match though in the finals if you saw, I really got to learn the R.O.B. match-up :dizzy:

Are you going to Valhalla, aces?

SethT

Smash Ace
That doesn't surprise me, sounded like he knew the map pretty **** well. When he said "Your taking a metaknight to rainbow ride, are you freaking kidding me". I was like "ahh ****, I probably should know this."

I missed it unfortunately, left after I lost against you to catch my bus (as bad a sportsmen as I sound v_v). But yeah, played Jamage in some friendlies and jeez that rob was painful, very good learning experience though. You as well actually! I've never seen a good Jigglypuff play till today.

Depends if I can get their in time for the brawl tourney but I shall definitely attempt to.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That doesn't surprise me, sounded like he knew the map pretty **** well. When he said "Your taking a metaknight to rainbow ride, are you freaking kidding me". I was like "ahh ****, I probably should know this."

I missed it unfortunately, left after I lost against you to catch my bus (as bad a sportsmen as I sound v_v). But yeah, played Jamage in some friendlies and jeez that rob was painful, very good learning experience though. You as well actually! I've never seen a good Jigglypuff play till today.

Depends if I can get their in time for the brawl tourney but I shall definitely attempt to.
Haha, it's okay for not knowing Cruise, it's an obscure map if you don't really go to tourneys where there is counter-picking and stuff.

Thanks about complimenting my jiggs btw! There is a reason you've never seen a good Jigglypuff as well:

TIER LIST: Jigglypuff, 34.

:D :D :D

SethT

Smash Ace
Yeah that was me, i'm hoping for her to be my other character, when I get good enough at her that is.

But yeah! It was a good time for sure! Can't wait till val :D!

zApollo

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry guys, I have a research paper to submit on monday so I needed the time.

I'll be sure next weekend will be as good, if not better.

SethT

Smash Ace
And I should be preparing for my Math test/finishing English assignment......

but that isn't going to happen.....

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Oh god no more ZSS. :'(
Rage.
And I would have gone today/yesterday but I consumed way too many... things last night and woke up with like the worst hangover ever.
It was fun at the time. :/

Anyway maintain the hype 'till next week. <3

Edit: Also don't let her place on the Tier list judge her, Grim.
Scabe (who uses Link) pretty much facerapes anyone in Aus and he's LINK, ffs.
Scabe's broken.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Oh god no more ZSS. :'(
Rage.
And I would have gone today/yesterday but I consumed way too many... things last night and woke up with like the worst hangover ever.
It was fun at the time. :/

Anyway maintain the hype 'till next week. <3

Edit: Also don't let her place on the Tier list judge her, Grim.
Scabe (who uses Link) pretty much facerapes anyone in Aus and he's LINK, ffs.
Scabe's broken.
Lols. You are telling this to a JIGGLYPUFF main!? :laugh:

Nova

Banned via Warnings
It'd be tournament results/rankings from Reloaded until the end of October for tourneys in our state only.

I'd like to get Oli & Dave interested for Melee but sigh, I don't know.
If neither of them is around I'm not sure if Melee PRs will be worth it.
We'll C.
It depends on activity, I guess.
Also there would need to be 2 or 3 people in charge of each list.

zApollo

Smash Ace
From what I know, our first PR will established after Valhalla August, with revisions after a period of a few months depending on activity.

You can exclude yourself from the list in order to rank in interstate PRs if you wish Nova, although it defeats the purpose of a state PR now that SA has its own system.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'd be happier excluding myself given I'm out of SA more than I'm here. *Shrugs*
Idk.
I already said, if the scene is still active after Robocop, I'll enter myself on SA's.
There is no rush to have a PR list, and given the idea for us is relatively new it should be known for at least 3 tourneys with people knowing about it (the idea came after Reloaded, afterall).

So pretty much, create one before October and I won't be on it.
Doesn't mean you can't have one before then, I can even help out.
If the scene is still relatively active come October, I'll be on it.
I'm NSW, for now, though. :p

SethT

Smash Ace
Well I definitely have a few mates who'd be interested in the PR list. At Avcon there were a lot of decent smash players, should see what we can do about getting this list public....

We definitely need an alternate method to sign up though......

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Wellllllllllllllllllll
I'll speak to people and let them know about rankings at Val this week.
Depending on stuff, I guess one could be formed after the LAN.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Streetgeek was pretty good on the weekend. Heaps of people there, had plenty of good smash matches.
We did Smash 64 FFA, 1v1 and Brawl Classic charachters (15 years old).
A new guy M.D Linaz won both Smash 64 comps but got smashed at brawl as he hasnt played it alot.
Will post report, pics and Smash 64 ffa vid soon.

Registrations for September lan are already open: http://www.streetgeek.com.au

Then Streetgeek X in October will be bigger, better, have better prizes and Melee and Brawl comps.

Anyone here have Starcraft 2? add me: jamage007ds[at]hotmail.com

zApollo

Smash Ace
We definitely need an alternate method to sign up though......
Of course, smashboards is only one medium of communication and we should always be looking at other ways to promote the scene. We'd like to find ways more user-friendly and accessible.

Top Bottom